Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do people want Falmer to be INTIMIDATING?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Half your posts on NSC are slagging off our (award winning) fans pal - What's your issue? Our away support is incredible and is always commended and we have a great reputation, built up over years.
Incredible?

For fucks sake.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Incredible?

For fucks sake.

Yes, incredible. As described on the radio by almost every pundit this season (I've not done many aways) as well as various other websites etc. Yes - Incredible. In both numbers and noise.

Sorry, I don't buy into the 'cool to slate our fans' brand that some do on here :thumbsup:

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Would be incredible if it was intimidating, but that is probably the last word I would use to describe our fans. Laughing stock if anything, things need to change.

FalmerforAll slagging off our fans? Never!

Admittedly there are SECTIONS and 1 or 2 incidents that are cringeworthy and a bit embarrassing but generally we're pretty normal in comparison to everyone else. No idea why you have such an issue with our support or who you see as the ideal model to follow.

As mentioned by Sheebo, nearly every post I read of yours is having digs at our supporters, think everyone acknowledges we are not perfect but you in particular do bang on about it quite a bit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, incredible. As described on the radio by almost every pundit this season (I've not done many aways) as well as various other websites etc. Yes - Incredible. In both numbers and noise.

Sorry, I don't buy into the 'cool to slate our fans' brand that some do on here :thumbsup:
Nor do I, but you're talking bollocks. Anyone can travel 45 miles to watch a top of the table team win 4-0 at a promotion rival and sing loudly. But when we were about 7th early in the season, we took 422 to Carlisle (perfectly respectable) and there was bugger all in the way of singing.

I wouldn't even call Plymouth's excellent away support "incredible", but it was certainly far more impressive than ours. Shite team, club falling apart, 4-0 down and the 400 of them were making all the noise in the worst away end the league has probably ever seen.

I'm not saying ours is shite, because it isn't. I just find your hyperbole a bit nausiating.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Our support is neither "a laughing stock" nor "incredible"

It's average, at times we stray into the two but the majority of the time it's standard.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So ONE match report from half a decade ago from the official site where the manager talks about his own fans in a positive light is supposed to prove that our away support incredible. LOL.

Our support is neither "a laughing stock" nor "incredible"

It's average, at times we stray into the two but the majority of the time it's standard.
Precisely.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Nor do I, but you're talking bollocks. Anyone can travel 45 miles to watch a top of the table team win 4-0 at a promotion rival and sing loudly. But when we were about 7th early in the season, we took 422 to Carlisle (perfectly respectable) and there was bugger all in the way of singing.

I wouldn't even call Plymouth's excellent away support "incredible", but it was certainly far more impressive than ours. Shite team, club falling apart, 4-0 down and the 400 of them were making all the noise in the worst away end the league has probably ever seen.

I'm not saying ours is shite, because it isn't. I just find your hyperbole a bit nausiating.

Agree with this tbqh.

We travel in decent numbers, but we're not that loud most of the time. Much better fans out there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Of course as usual you're 100% right.

Sometimes when making an opposite point to someone (as I was to FFA and his silly comment about our fans being shit) you usea word to be the extreme opposite. The fact I used a throw away word like incredible was not meant to cause a debate of this kind. However I am entitled to my opinion and on the whole our support away from home is shit hot. (PS - We know you went to Carlisle away last season - we've heard it enough times now :thumbsup:)

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of course as usual you're 100% right.

Sometimes when making an opposite point to someone (as I was to FFA and his silly comment about our fans being shit) you usea word to be the extreme opposite. The fact I used a throw away word like incredible was not meant to cause a debate of this kind. However I am entitled to my opinion and on the whole our support away from home is shit hot. (PS - We know you went to Carlisle away last season - we've heard it enough times now :thumbsup:)
Some top flouncing there. Good work.

Sorry, I meant "incredible" work. :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some top flouncing there. Good work.

Sorry, I meant "incredible" work. :thumbsup:

Flouncing mmmmm interesting word. I'd call it more 'top leaving a pointless, pedantic and petty argument where it is, especially when having the argument with someone who thinks they are always right'. But hey, you're the boss.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fight fight fight

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Meaning about 10 kids make wanker gestures at the away fans, about 50 people sing different words to the same tunes over and over, and the rest of us sit down quietly?

Got it in one!

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Half your posts on NSC are slagging off our (award winning) fans pal - What's your issue? Our away support is incredible and is always commended and we have a great reputation, built up over years.

Award winning? 'Fans of the division' in 2004. That was seven years ago, things change.

Yes, incredible. As described on the radio by almost every pundit this season (I've not done many aways)

It shows.

FalmerforAll slagging off our fans? Never!

Admittedly there are SECTIONS and 1 or 2 incidents that are cringeworthy and a bit embarrassing but generally we're pretty normal in comparison to everyone else. No idea why you have such an issue with our support or who you see as the ideal model to follow.

As mentioned by Sheebo, nearly every post I read of yours is having digs at our supporters, think everyone acknowledges we are not perfect but you in particular do bang on about it quite a bit.

Read my posts more often then, I'm a lover not a fighter. But by all means, our support has been over rated for some time and it is embarrassing watching some of our fans getting so arrogant about how good it is. Numbers yes, we've always been a top following, but the introduction of the ultras has really turned our fan base into a joke. Here's hoping it gets better next year.

Nail on the head.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I suspect A for the first few matches, once the novelty wears off a bit I would expect more of B. Still going to be the noisy people in the crowd trying to make it A but alot of people have bought a ticket just to buy a ticket and wont have a clue about songs. Work in progress.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It may not be the best but it will be 10 times better than Withdean and the night games will be REALLY GOOD!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dont want us to be a pushover. More than happy to have intimidating atmosphere and Away fans wary of singing sons outside

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here