Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do people want Falmer to be INTIMIDATING?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm asking this because, let's face it, we're in new territory next season in terms of numbers. And that means we would be capable of having a very intimidating home crowd. If that's what people want. Let's face it. we're out of the habit of creating that kind of atmosphere at home (it's fine away).

Reading a few things over the past few months, I'm not sure it is what everyone wants, this is probably to do with bad language, family aspect, just want a nice day out, whatever.

I see three possible scenarios:

A) Everyone is right up for it for the whole 90 minutes, singing the whole time, wind opposition up and get in their faces on the touchlines. Not always family friendly, but certainly worth points every season.

B) Occasional bouts of atmosphere, short spells of singing, get behind your own team, less bothered about the opposition.

C) Sitting there enjoying the view and the comfortable seats, waiting to be entertained, politely clapping a goal. Away players enjoy the day out.

I suppose what I'm asking is where would you like us to be on a scale that had maybe Millwall at the top, and MK Dons at the bottom.

horam267

Feb 24, 2010
I think the club want Box C and a bit of Box B.
I would like The Amex to be a place that the away players dont want to play because of the atmosphere but then again you still want the away fans to join in. Probably why the way end will be draped in the away teams colours and having posters of their all time heroes up on the walls.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I don't see that we have to choose between being intimidating and only having occasional bouts of atmosphere. Surely it's quite possible to create atmosphere, get behind the team and sing for 90 minutes without it being "in their faces on the touchlines"?

That's what I'd go for, anyway :)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
A. but it wont happen.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Nothing wrong with being welcoming to away players and fans, but let's face it, come kick off we will do what we usually do. It may be a new stadium, but I don't think anyone's attitudes will change.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Most of your "fans" won't have a clue how the songs go.

Glory Glory anyone?

The Holmesdale Lunatics have arrived. And they ARE scary.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Most of your "fans" won't have a clue how the songs go.

Glory Glory anyone?

No - they will be singing the old songs from the goldstone when they used to go more regularly...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
These days you only need to know how to sing "Albion" in a very slow monotonous tone and you've mastered 50% of the songs

That will / can / should change - we used to have a wider repertoire than most clubs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Option C , the stewards wont allow options A or B.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Would be incredible if it was intimidating, but that is probably the last word I would use to describe our fans. Laughing stock if anything, things need to change.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Nothing wrong with being welcoming to away players and fans, but let's face it, come kick off we will do what we usually do. It may be a new stadium, but I don't think anyone's attitudes will change.

Meaning about 10 kids make wanker gestures at the away fans, about 50 people sing different words to the same tunes over and over, and the rest of us sit down quietly?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Remember when that Reading prat came on here many years ago and tried to convince everyone that Sheffield United's manager had said their stadio della clackerstick was the most intimidating atmosphere in the division or some such guff. How we laughed.

Obviously that all changed when the Holmedale Lunatics were formed. *chuckle*

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
That will / can / should change - we used to have a wider repertoire than most clubs.

I know it will and it is all already to some extent. Do miss the quality and variety of the songs that used to be sung though. Or maybe time has clouded my judgement and they never were that good in the first place?!

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I want it to become a WASP NEST of hate.

I'm talking "Welcome to HELL" banners, SMOKE BOMBS, everybody in the North Stand letting off flares. Dead bodies outside the away entrance. A WALL of noise 90 minutes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would be incredible if it was intimidating, but that is probably the last word I would use to describe our fans. Laughing stock if anything, things need to change.

Half your posts on NSC are slagging off our (award winning) fans pal - What's your issue? Our away support is incredible and is always commended and we have a great reputation, built up over years.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know it will and it is all already to some extent. Do miss the quality and variety of the songs that used to be sung though. Or maybe time has clouded my judgement and they never were that good in the first place?!

Paul Watson Woah
He's been here for so long
and now he's got a song

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here