Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Do England Have a DNA ??

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The England DNA is something they talk a lot about in the level one coaching course - it is basically about players being comfortable on the ball and being confident to play out from the back.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yes, a dinosaur’s,
The FA are a dinosaur institution, they are the root of the problem. . . An institutionalised outdated inwardly protective old boy network.

much like the rest of this countries older institutions, They'll hang on as long as the house of lords, commons etc all get away with it . . . .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The FA are a dinosaur institution, they are the root of the problem. . . An institutionalised outdated inwardly protective old boy network.

much like the rest of this countries older institutions, They'll hang on as long as the house of lords, commons etc all get away with it . . . .

All the suits and local FA’s. They may be admirable local folk, but it’s an amateurish foundation.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
All the suits and local FA’s. They may be admirable local folk, but it’s an amateurish foundation.
It wasn't amateurish in the 1950's . . . But even the Isle of White has moved on a bit since then 😉

some people love a 'club' and a tie. Or a sense of authority.

I have far more respect for 'Gentleman Jim' Than any of our establishment.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes, we have a very cosmopolitan DNA.

For nearly 30 years now we’ve been trying to copy other nation’s DNA’s. It started with France, then Brazil, then Spain, then Germany and then then Portugal. We are now left with this wonderful mish mash we witnessed tonight.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do Not (have long) Arms

CDA73FF2-BB0E-4071-B9DE-66907BA95200.jpeg

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
The England team's DNA, as an outsider, seems to be to have good individuals but with a poor team technical and tactical cohesion. They just play, and rarely look like they have a plan. You could say it is to pick the best 11 individuals but not necessarily the best team.
This, I think anyway, is why they come unstuck against the big teams as they have a plan and a cohesive tactic in place.

scooter1

How soon is now?
We hear a lot about a teams DNA and style of play - do England have a DNA ?

Is it time to adopt something like we have at Brighton where a style of play is adopted and we pick a coach who can implement this and pick players based on data that can execute our style ?

For me England have always had top players but have never really been able to implement them into a consistent style of play - lots of world class individuals but never a world class team.

Something needs to change
That makes a lot of sense to me. It won’t happen, but I’d like to see the FA and a manager be brave enough to implement something like this

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It wasn't amateurish in the 1950's . . . But even the Isle of White has moved on a bit since then 😉

some people love a 'club' and a tie. Or a sense of authority.

I have far more respect for 'Gentleman Jim' Than any of our establishment.
Wight. FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here