Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Albion fans get value for money at the Amex?

Do we get value for money at the Amex

• Yes, yes we do

Votes: 168 81.6%
  • No, no we don't

Votes: 38 18.4%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The BBC "Price of Football" survey has Albion close to the top (bottom?) of the league when it comes to pricing.

Overall, taking into account the cost of tickets, food - basically the whole caboodle - do you think we get value for money at the Amex?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
ST and travel - yes
Pint of Strongbow - comprable to pub prices - yes
Tea - DFKDFC
Programme - DFKDFC
Pie - no

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Being a season ticket holder gives good value for money. I like the direct debit option and I think it's a fair price to pay for myself and my son. The cash back scheme is a good idea. Still think Azure could improve. Speed of service seems better (in the ESL). Quality of food can still be a bit hit and miss and I still think we could do with a bit more variety and choice. For the overall match day experience at The Amex, I would say it is value for money.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I'd be worried if someone said "no", given the club's recent £120m expenditure directed towards improving "customer satisfaction".

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Being a STH is good value... if I was paying £34 plus a £2 booking fee for seat in the SE corner I might think otherwise.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't bother with the food & drink very often so, for travel & ST then, yes, it's great value.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I think when you weigh up the food & drink in comparison to the local area, I don't think the cost of going to a game at the Albion is any more expensive than, say going to the Cinema or a theme park such as Legoland.

I'm baffled how the BBC can compare Brighton to Gillingham, when the two clubs are league's apart - and I'm not just talking from a footballing perspective.

The cost of a pie is £3.90. However, the pies are of excellent quality compared to the usual rubbish you get served at other away grounds and the cost of a pint is not that different to most pubs in & around Sussex.

Rather than compare the prices, they should be comparing the facilities and then the prices. Yes, we're more expensive than Crystal Palace, but look at the facilites and the stadium...I know it's easy to pick on our friends from Croydon. However, if you were a neutral chosing to go to an away ground of choice, then I'm sure the Amex and it's facilities would be up there with the best in the Premier league.

The biggest shock for me is the cost of everything at Leeds when you consider the area of the country that it's in is one of the poorest.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
For the necessities very much so, for the optionals probably not but I can choose not to purchase.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm generally very happy with the match day experince at the Amex and the cost of that experience, my only complaint being the catering in the WSU needs some serious work.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I have just spent £39 on one ticket for the Leeds game. It best be a good game at that price. I think the beer is good value compared to pubs and the pie is normally hot and filled with meat, a lot nicer than the pukka pies at other grounds.

Ultimately it is the result and performance that dictates if it was worth it and value for money.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I voted no.

the vote was on the Amex not shthurst
duh.gif

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Personally, I think I get excellent value - 1 adult plus 2 U-16's in the FS, all with STs costs us about £25 a match in total.
We get the occasional pie or hot chocolate, but generally bring a few snacks with us.

This survey is a touch mis-leading to be honest. Yes the match-day prices are expensive, and if you work out the total costs based around these, and full proces for food etc, then it comes out very high. This ignores the fact that 80% of the crowd are not paying those prices, as they are all STH and also subsequently saving a further 10% on food, etc, too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The survey will tell you that somebody watching a game from the North, and eating a pie and a pint, will be paying something like £36 (£28 + £4 + £4).

The reality for very nearly every person in that stand is that they are really paying less than £24 for the same (£18 + (£6.50 less 10%))

This is a huge difference, and even then fails to take into account the free travel which is also included.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Definitely value for money. Season tickets at the northern end of WSU are the cheapest in the ground, the ground is the best in the country (!) and the football is better than I can ever remember seeing.

A pint is reasonably priced, and the 10% discount on Smartcards is great.

Food is over priced in my opinion. So I don't buy it, problem solved.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Yes - on most things other than match by match tickets which I think are way over priced. Season ticket value is brilliant. Catering prices are at the very top end of what I'm willing to pay regularly though, but the 10% cashback helps that. I get to a 3pm kick off around 1pm normally and stay till around 7pm-8pm. Should beer prices go up again next year then that would probably be cut right down.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I think when you weigh up the food & drink in comparison to the local area, I don't think the cost of going to a game at the Albion is any more expensive than, say going to the Cinema or a theme park such as Legoland.

I'm baffled how the BBC can compare Brighton to Gillingham, when the two clubs are league's apart - and I'm not just talking from a footballing perspective.

The cost of a pie is £3.90. However, the pies are of excellent quality compared to the usual rubbish you get served at other away grounds and the cost of a pint is not that different to most pubs in & around Sussex.

Rather than compare the prices, they should be comparing the facilities and then the prices. Yes, we're more expensive than Crystal Palace, but look at the facilites and the stadium...I know it's easy to pick on our friends from Croydon. However, if you were a neutral chosing to go to an away ground of choice, then I'm sure the Amex and it's facilities would be up there with the best in the Premier league.

The biggest shock for me is the cost of everything at Leeds when you consider the area of the country that it's in is one of the poorest.

Leeds is quite an affluent area

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Since you'd have to pay me a considerable amount to watch Gillingham, I find the BBC's position laughable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here