Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Albion fans get value for money at the Amex?

Do we get value for money at the Amex

• Yes, yes we do

Votes: 168 81.6%
  • No, no we don't

Votes: 38 18.4%

• Total voters

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I have to make lot's of sacrifices to buy season tickets for my boys and i, which i don't mind making.

My personal choice is not to buy food or a pint inside the amex as in my opinion the food is shit and ain't value for money. It may be better than at most clubs, but that's not really that hard is it.

A pint in The Swan or hikers before and after the game for me.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Personally, I think I get excellent value - 1 adult plus 2 U-16's in the FS, all with STs costs us about £25 a match in total.
We get the occasional pie or hot chocolate, but generally bring a few snacks with us.

This survey is a touch mis-leading to be honest. Yes the match-day prices are expensive, and if you work out the total costs based around these, and full proces for food etc, then it comes out very high. This ignores the fact that 80% of the crowd are not paying those prices, as they are all STH and also subsequently saving a further 10% on food, etc, too.

That's probably £25 per person Hans, isn't it.
We have a similar journey, and when I'm on my own it costs about £55, add Jnr. who is now over 16 and we are up to about £90 for the day out.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I voted 'no' otherwise they'll just think it's too cheap and put the prices up!

In reality though, given our situation and in relation to other clubs I'd say 'the very top end of reasonable'. The only thing I really object to, being a non-STH, is the booking fee. Saying "well all on-line ticket sales have booking fees" does NOT make me like it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think my season ticket represents reasonable value, although I couldn't afford it without letting others use it as well.

But I'll be honest, what drives me to buying it beyond what I would want to pay is that I refuse to miss out on this part of our club's history, having seen so much crap in terrible surroundings.

I don't think the food and drink is good value (though I enjoy the fare on offer), and the matchday prices are certainly very poor value.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think when you weigh up the food & drink in comparison to the local area, I don't think the cost of going to a game at the Albion is any more expensive than, say going to the Cinema or a theme park such as Legoland.

Blimey where do you go to the cinema? I'm moaning if I pay more than seven quid for a ticket.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
STH with DD
Yes

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's probably £25 per person Hans, isn't it.
We have a similar journey, and when I'm on my own it costs about £55, add Jnr. who is now over 16 and we are up to about £90 for the day out.

No. £25 for tickets for the 3 of us.

Let's say £40 if you want to add our travel costs - but that's not what this discussion is about - it's not the club's fault I live in bumpkinland.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey where do you go to the cinema? I'm moaning if I pay more than seven quid for a ticket.

I had a bit of a shock the other day. All recent cinema experiences have been at the Saturday am Kids showings (normally about £1.50 for adults and kids alike).

Then I thought about taking in a film after a work conference the other day at Fulham Broadway. It was about £12!

At least the Saturdays are cheaper, although the downside is a constant diet of Ice Age 4, Brave, Toy Story 3....

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I voted no.

Well done did you get someone to read you the question?

On the face of it and to the outsider you are proably right but like most things with the Albion it is not black or white, those figures do not acount for the 10% discount when using your eCard or the interst free DD for season tickets and I am sure that the club realise they are riding their luck at the moment with the feel good factor. I am content (we all want to pay less) with the prices but I am concerned what would happen if we got promoted as we are already comparible with average premiership prices.

Back to your point would you rather pay our prices to sit in a wonderful stadium with good facilities watching entertaining football or pay Palace prices to sit in a condemned shack watching the UK diving championship?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I love my life, my pies, my seat my team. Worth every penny.

My only gripe is have more stands selling bottled beer at half time in the North, not just the 1, if they had more they would sell more....simples.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No. £25 for tickets for the 3 of us.

Let's say £40 if you want to add our travel costs - but that's not what this discussion is about - it's not the club's fault I live in bumpkinland.
Obviously we're the same seeing as we sit next to you! The family stand is excellent VFM if you're taking the kids for a day out. However, as much as the survey is misleading because it doesn't take into account what 90% of the crowd are paying (as STHs), it is also misleading to suggest that you and I are representative of the club's fans. The family stand is cheap, it is about £4 a month for U10s and £9 a month for U16s, but this is not available elsewhere in the ground.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The family stand is cheap, it is about £4 a month for U10s and £9 a month for U16s, but this is not available elsewhere in the ground.

Is it any different to other parts of the ground? My u10 daughter in the WSU is only about a fiver a month (25% of full price), so will be double that when she's 10 and over, as the rate goes up to 50% of the full price.

Great value for both age groups, IMHO.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Tony Bloom will need his money back for building one of the best sporting venues in the country. I at 5ft1 have no problem seeing the match from the North Stand.

The Season Ticket with direct debit, e card and it's discounts are fantastic value. And let's not forget the travel option loaded on the card.

Food and drink is a fairly standard venue price.

For for me, excellent value for money.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is it any different to other parts of the ground? My u10 daughter in the WSU is only about a fiver a month (25% of full price), so will be double that when she's 10 and over, as the rate goes up to 50% of the full price.

I was under the impression the reduced rates were cheaper in the FS than elsewhere? Maybe not. Anyhow, I agree. Good value, and it hooks the kids at a young age. My son LOVES the Albion since the Amex was built and I can't wait for my youngest to grow up so I can take him too.

As for the concessions, they seem reasonable enough value to me. Sure the pies are pricey, but they do actually taste of what they are supposed to taste of, which is a rarity at football grounds. I'd rather pay a bit more for a quality pie and have one every other game than pay a quid less for a shit, luke warm pukka effort - the sort you might expect to be available at grotty pikey stadiums such as Selhurst or Fratton Parks.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

It's very good value for money. Compare it to the 9 old pence ( 4p ) that I paid for the Chicken Run at the Goldstone in the mid 50's.
I received 1 Shilling a week pocket money in those days,( 20p per month ) your daughter would need to receive about £25 a month pocket money to compare value.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The biggest shock for me is the cost of everything at Leeds when you consider the area of the country that it's in is one of the poorest.

Ken Bates is the answer to that question. There is a reason he lives in Monaco and not Todmorden

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here