Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Albion fans get value for money at the Amex?

Do we get value for money at the Amex

• Yes, yes we do

Votes: 168 81.6%
  • No, no we don't

Votes: 38 18.4%

• Total voters

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
It's the curate's egg.

As a distant st holder I think the changes to dates and ko times reflects badly on cost.When I purchased the st I realised i wouldn't be able to make any midweek games.Fair enough.But then date changes and kick off changes mean sometimes extra missed games,or extra expense from stop overs.

As for the ale,I prefer to drink in town in proper glasses than at the stadium,though I think the prices are okay.I sometimes buy a pie,but never the book that programmes have become.I don't care enough about players' favourite celeb,tv show,pop group or whatever to bother to buy one,and look back longingly to the 60's blue programmes - right size,right info about the game and the time of the dog meetings at the Greyhound Stadium.

So is it value?

Yes.

And no.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Free travel, pay by monthly DD, great view, padded seats, FLAIR football played by current and ex internationals, Real ale at pub-ish prices all represent excellent value.

The pies let it down a bit. I loved them last season but seem to have gone down hill in the WSU (I think because of Azure and not Piglets). Not all flavours available and the last 2 I had were cold and dry.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is it any different to other parts of the ground? My u10 daughter in the WSU is only about a fiver a month (25% of full price), so will be double that when she's 10 and over, as the rate goes up to 50% of the full price.

Great value for both age groups, IMHO.

Yes, it is different. Outside of the FS an U-16 pays 50% of the seat cost, as you say. In the FS an U-16 pays about £5 a match, and an U-10 about £1 (much less than 50% / 25%)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, it is different. Outside of the FS an U-16 pays 50% of the seat cost, as you say. In the FS an U-16 pays about £5 a match, and an U-10 about £1 (much less than 50% / 25%)

[MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] was telling porky pies then.

ST and travel with DD, absobloodylutley.

Lager, sort of if you like flat stuff out of plastic glasses.

Pies, NO, they are just not worth the money.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, great value.

Don't really mind low grade lager at the football as it can be a long session, but the only thing for me that is poor value is the cheeseburgers - they really need an overhaul.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very OT but I was just wondering if we know why they don't offer chips yet?

Glad they don't to be honest. Just imagine the queues if people were waiting for chips. At Millwall it resulted in virtually a 5 minute total break in service at half time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The family stand is cheap, it is about £4 a month for U10s and £9 a month for U16s, but this is not available elsewhere in the ground.

[MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] was telling porky pies then.

??? He's right. (It's £9.50 a month on the DD, I just checked)

Do we pay the DD for all 12 months? If so, that's 12 x £9.50 = £114.00, which divided by 23 = £4.96 per game.

Dec 29, 2011
Because of the smell / the cost of the extractor systems required to alleviate the frying / grease smell.

Yeah I thought this would be the main reason. It could also get pretty dangerous in terms of fire safety with lots of hot chip fat, imagine a fire starting with over 25,000 people to evacuate. I also suspect the lack of profit margin on chips and their messiness might also be a contributing factor.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Personally I determine value by what I see in front of me on the pitch, game by game. Some days it's excellent value, other days not so much.

As for people quoting 'free' travel, it's excellent value if you need to use it but no way can it be classed as 'free'.

I don't eat or drink at the games so can't comment on any value found there.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
The BBC survey shows Brighton is most expensive, but it doesn't feel it. I wonder what the prices would be without the travel added on? we look more expensive but then we are not comparing apples with apples (or pies with pies ;-))

I'd be interested to know how many fans pay by DD, I think this is one of the main reasons we have high season ticket numbers.

Service has def improved in the ESL, queue time seems much better the last season.

is it all about supply and demand - stadium full of season ticket holders so captive market to sell to. Still amazed at other empty seats at other grounds - no wonder their tickets and pies are cheaper.

But....if you're asking for value for money...the best value at the amex? Candy Shop ESL....cant get enough of giant strawbs.....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good value but never bother with food and drink.

Travel tax is a disgrace as no opt out if you can prove not required

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Do we pay the DD for all 12 months? If so, that's 12 x £9.50 = £114.00, which divided by 23 = £4.96 per game.

It will be 12 months as the U16 price in the FS is £99 plus £15 travel, hence £114. So, for the game it is £99 divided by 23 = £4.30 a game, nice :D

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

[MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] was talking per month as was I. It was you who said we were different. My daughter's seat in the WSU must be about a fiver a game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Simster was talking per month as was I. It was you who said we were different. My daughter's seat in the WSU must be about a fiver a game.
All I know is that I pay around £9 a month (£9.50 it turns out) for my son, whereas last season as an U10 it was about £4.

If you pay about the same then I presume the same deal exists elsewhere in the ground, but I was under the impression this was only available in the FS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here