Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dixon signs for £55K

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Can I ask how we can complete a transfer when we're like on the motorway back from a game, unless it's a DK signing ???

SMS message from the Club:-

"Aldershot striker Jonny Dixon is set to join Albion tomorrow, subject to successfully passing a medical. A fee of £55k has been agreed".

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I've had text from club so it is official: 'Aldershot striker Jonny Dixon is set to join Albion tomorrow, subject to successfully passing a medical. A fee of £55k has been agreed.'

Dixon For Albion Move

Posted on: Tue 29 Jan 2008

By Paul Camillin

Albion are set to complete the signing of Aldershot Town striker Jonny Dixon for a fee of £55,000 - subject to the player passing a medical tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.

The two clubs have agreed a fee for the 24-year-old forward, while the player has also agreed terms with Albion and is set to sign a two-and-a-half year contract; he would be available for the home match with Crewe Alexandra this Saturday.

Spanish-born Dixon began his career with Wycombe Wanderers and has since enjoyed a loan stint at Crawley Town, and two spells with Aldershot, before eventually signing permanently for the Shots in January 2007.

In total, the 5ft 9 inch striker has struck 29 times in 67 appearances for the Blue Square Premier side, with eight goals to his name this season.

Manager Dean Wilkins said, "I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Jonny to the club. He is an exciting prospect, and has an excellent record at Conference level, with almost a goal every two games."

Albion chairman Dick Knight said, "This is a player we have been after for some time. Jonny is an exciting player and he will give us another attacking dimension. I am very pleased he has signed for the Albion."

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
From the Aldershot site:

22 year old striker who finally signed on a permanent basis in January 2007. This followed a two year chase for his signature by then Aldershot Manager Terry Brown. The former Wycombe Wanderers player had previously spend two successful loan spells with the shots. Very popular among the Aldershot fans who partly funded his move through the creation of a transfer fund during last season.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That sounds like a lot of money, but I'm actually glad to see money distributed down the leagues like that.

Looks a bit like Dean Saunders and with our old fashioned centre forward signing and a couple of scottish midfielders, anyone get the impression that Brighton have gone a bit retro ?

Sod the diets - get the lagers in, we'll storm this league.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
thats revells replacement sorted then - will be interesting to see if he is used ahead of elder in the picking order

Nicky Rust

Jan 3, 2008
Hove
Hope this Dixons turns out good, but when ever Albion sign non-league talent they never seem to actually ever get a chance eg Elder,Revell,Loft etc
which could mean Dixon is a bit player so dont get excited as i'm 100% sure/certain that the money will be spent on a quality winger as that is what the team lacks most including a football stadium and real loyal local die-hard fans and a tv screen at each corner of the ground and cheaper tickets and a better Goalkeeper and a more structured system for ball boys and more colourful uniforms for stewards and better dressed staff for the gate and better foot wear for the Withdean wager sellers and a way of getting Gary Hart to retire quick and a........etc

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
55k - a LOT of money for a non-league player. Hell, Geoff Pitcher was half the price and he was considered expensive!

A big risk...but he sounds encouraging

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
55k - a LOT of money for a non-league player. Hell, Geoff Pitcher was half the price and he was considered expensive!

A big risk...but he sounds encouraging

depends if he turns out to be a michael kightley or a stafford browne

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dixon For Albion Move

Posted on: Tue 29 Jan 2008

By Paul Camillin

"This is a player we have been after for some time. Jonny is an exciting player and he will give us another attacking dimension. I am very pleased he has signed for the Albion."

I think I heard DK say the same last week and also when we signed Revell and Elder.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Some viewpoints from the Aldershot fans (I have a feeling of deja-vu after we signed Elder from Billericay...however)
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:41 am Post subject: £55,000

Bloody hell.

Thanks for everything Jonny, you've been a real favourite of mine, and I, for one will miss you.

Good luck at Brighton, for me, you deserve a break in League football, and you've got the chance now. Go and prove what a good player you are Jonny.
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:44 am Post subject: Yep, that's more like it.

A favourite of mine, too.

Well done Jonny. We'll miss you.

Good player. Hero.
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:45 am Post subject: £55,000. Now that will be good business!

A great return on our original investment and we have had the benefit of his goals in the year he has been with us.

But I'm still treating it as a rumour.

Wouldn't that we a record sale price for the new club?
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:08 am Post subject: Bloody hell! I don't come online for a few hours and I miss all the gossip! Sounds like a super bit of business and JD thoroughly deserves to be back in the league after these last couple of seasons. I hope to see him back at the Rec one day, he's always been our best finisher. Good luck JD, all the best!

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:21 am Post subject:
icon_quote.gif
I wish Jonny all the best for his future at Brighton and who knows whether someting will happen with regard to a replacement within the next couple of days but I do not think that JD had set the world alight this season. I don't think that he has been as prolific as in his first period with us and if we have received £55K then I think it has been good business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here