Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dixon signs for £55K

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Can I ask how we can complete a transfer when we're like on the motorway back from a game, unless it's a DK signing ???
dick always does the negotiations but i was told before the game toniht this was a done deal so dont think it has been finalised to night

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They only paid £6,000 for him, shame we didn't buy him then.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Another striker, what about a midfielder or a defender

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
Jonny is a great striker, just unlucky with injuries early on or he would have broken through at Wycome. He is pacy & very skillful. More of a Forster type player than a Revell. He could easily play out wide or behind a front two. Very excited by this - he is no 'non league' striker & is a cut above the raw talent that was signed in Elder or Revell. Very nice lad too.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I remember when he was at Wycombe and went on loan to shots , was on fire in conf but couldnt do it league level. Still , he was young then i guess so we'll see

Hope it works

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Hope this Dixons turns out good, but when ever Albion sign non-league talent they never seem to actually ever get a chance eg Elder,Revell,Loft etc
which could mean Dixon is a bit player so dont get excited as i'm 100% sure/certain that the money will be spent on a quality winger as that is what the team lacks most including a football stadium and real loyal local die-hard fans and a tv screen at each corner of the ground and cheaper tickets and a better Goalkeeper and a more structured system for ball boys and more colourful uniforms for stewards and better dressed staff for the gate and better foot wear for the Withdean wager sellers and a way of getting Gary Hart to retire quick and a........etc

Ironic that you mentioned Gary Hart after your first sentence in which you say we never give non-league signings a chance.... He hasn't done much with us has he?

And Revell ... yes, he was excluded so much that Southend want him for £150k...

And who was that player we took on board from Bristol Rovers when he was out on loan to Bath United? Zamora or something wasn't it?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This is what my ALdershot mate says and he goes home and away -

JDs a good player, a natural finisher, can also drop deep and play in the hole. Not one to run at people and beat them, but can hold it up if played to feet and bring the midfield in. If you have a big target man he can play with he will do okay, his best form was playing with Tim Sills. Not completely sure he is league 1 standard, but well worth a gamble for 55K.

Nicky Rust

Jan 3, 2008
Hove
Ironic that you mentioned Gary Hart after your first sentence in which you say we never give non-league signings a chance.... He hasn't done much with us has he?

And who was that player we took on board from Bristol Rovers when he was out on loan to Bath United? Zamora or something wasn't it?

1 good player out of 3? not including Revell,Loft,Elder

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just hope he's FAST. It is so obvious that pace is the one thing our side truly lacks.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

And Peter Ward was total shit WHEN given the chance, wasn't he?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anything is possible if you look at the facts:

1. He wants and believes he is capable of playing at a higher level
2. Dixon appears to be the same type of player
3. We only paid £75k for a proven goal scorer who realistically should fetch a lot more.

Of course anything is possible, I just don't think that with the very real possibility of Revell, Elder, Cox and Hammond leaving the club in the space of three days, that it is necessary to add to the hysteria by randomly making things up.

We MIGHT sell Elphick, Lynch, Fraser, Loft and El Abd to Real Madrid. Anything is 'possible'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here