Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dixon signs for £55K

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Not making anything up just asking a simple straight forward question could this be why we have bought Dixon when he would appear to be not what is needed.

A bit like shopping in Robert Dyas. You go in for a Kettle and come out with a three peice suite for the conservatory.

Maybe Dickles and Deansy wentto Aldershot for their winger and got sold this bloke.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not making anything up just asking a simple straight forward question could this be why we have bought Dixon when he would appear to be not what is needed.

2 strikers OUT [Revell + Elder]
2 strikers IN [Murray + Dixon]

What's hard about that?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murray is an obvious type of player to buy as he is what we are missing and neither Revell or Elder have been able to provide the support for Forster as a a man to hold the ball up/target man. Dixon by all accounts is similar type player to Forster so why do we need another of the same, when we are crying out for a genuine winger.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it is what is known in the trade as 'COVER'.

You miss the point. Yes it is cover but do we need cover when a more pressing need is to supply the front men with the crosses. It has been reported Murray is an old fashioned type centre forward, so he needs crosses into the box. As we are skint would it not make sense to have spent the £55k on somebody to provide those crosses, unless there is another reason to bring in Dixon, which is what I am asking for views on.

You miss the point. Yes it is cover but do we need cover when a more pressing need is to supply the front men with the crosses. It has been reported Murray is an old fashioned type centre forward, so he needs crosses into the box. As we are skint would it not make sense to have spent the £55k on somebody to provide those crosses, unless there is another reason to bring in Dixon, which is what I am asking for views on.

We need cover IF Elder and Revell are both actually leaving in the next few days. Otherwise behind Forster and Murray you only have Gatting.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

For once i completely agree. I hope it means others are come in.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
i know him quite well!
hes 1 of ma bros m8s and i remember wen he signed 4 wycombe and he scored about 6 goals in 7!
although i know him, i hav 2 admit dat he is nowhere near good enough 4 brighton.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
forster, murray, dixon and robinson are far better options than forster, revell, elder and savage, there is more pace and goalscoring ability. Im not worried about the changes to our strike force im just worried about losing Dean Cox!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
On Monday I received a call from Mr Dick Knight Chairman of Brighton and Hove Albion FC with a direct question, would you sell Jonny Dixon to Brighton & Hove Albion F.C ?

We discussed the matter and an offer was made by Mr Knight to me. I took this to my manager and secretary and our conclusion was that we could not refuse their offer.

Jonny met with Mr Knight and has agreed personal terms.

Today Jonny will be subject to a medical and that being successful he will sign and become a BHAFC player for an initial fee of £56,000 with many lucrative "add ons" attached.

The first good reason for letting Jonny go was that his contract would have ended at the seasons end and he could have walked away. Both Gary and I are of the opinion that we have done a good deal for your club.

The second good reason was that it would be unfair to have blocked the lads progress to the 1st Division of the Football League. I can assure you that he thanked the club for not standing in his way in his progress to a higher league.

I only leave me to say on behalf of all of us "Good Luck Jonny" and thank you for everything, we will be watching out for your results

John J McGinty
Chairman ATFC

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
normally all of us as fans would be RIPPING into a STRIKER with long hair, an alice band and white boots, so what do we do now that we have spent money on someone with all said characteristics??

my new favourite player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here