Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Divided Supporters

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Yorkie said:
I haven't, you have. You are saying people weren't divided then.
Look back over Nsc and you'll see fans divided over the whole history of it. We are in such an artificial situation compared to all other football clubs.

i think your right actually, someone always finds something to moan about.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Zesh Rehman said:
i think your right actually, someone always finds something to moan about.

But to this extent, i don't think so.

The only threads on here that have been repeated as much as the McGhee in/out and Henderson/Kuipers threads have been the Kanchelskis/ringtones type threads!!

Yes, NSC is an excuse for a good whinge, but not normally this much, or this constantly.

(Although obviously, nobody moans when we're winning)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Zesh Rehman said:
that was my point about the 3 away wins and Northwich.

My point is though, that when we've been losing (as we are now), i've never known friction between fans quite as bad as it is currently.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Withdean Wanderer said:
My point is though, that when we've been losing (as we are now), i've never known friction between fans quite as bad as it is currently.

and i understand your point and concerns, the club has hit an all time low in my years of supporting them.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Withdean Wanderer said:
But all of last season Dick Knight told us 'the money was there'. It was never spent. Now we are seeing the results - the team is dreadful.

I agree with you on the money side of things but to say the team is dreadful is well out of order, We've got a good honest bunch of players who on the whole do give it their best in every game whether it works or not. You seem to forget that the likes of Revell, Robinson, Gatting, Fraser, Cox, Lynch and Rents are in their first season as regular players. Last season they were either playing non league or getting bit part rolls as understudies to the senior players at the club, This season they are the senior players and you cant expect them to turn it on game after game without having bad spells bacause it is'nt going to happen. Yes I want investment in the team in the way of experienced players to help them out, But lets not put down the players that are out there giving their best game in and game out.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
People have always had different opinions but now you can see them expressed on the internet.

And when we are doing badly you are going to see more opinions!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
British Bulldog said:
I agree with you on the money side of things but to say the team is dreadful is well out of order, We've got a good honest bunch of players who on the whole do give it their best in every game whether it works or not. You seem to forget that the likes of Revell, Robinson, Gatting, Fraser, Cox, Lynch and Rents are in their first season as regular players. Last season they were either playing non league or getting bit part rolls as understudies to the senior players at the club, This season they are the senior players and you cant expect them to turn it on game after game without having bad spells bacause it is'nt going to happen. Yes I want investment in the team in the way of experienced players to help them out, But lets not put down the players that are out there giving their best game in and game out.

We've got a couple of good young players, yes. We've also got a lot of average young players with potential
, who get praise largely on the basis that ithey are 'in their first season as regular players'. That doesn't mean they are good enough for what we need at the moment. We've lost 5 league games in a row (3 of those at home). Currently, that's DREADFUL form, whichever way you look at it. We've been tonked by Crewe and spanked by Blackpool. The only threat we have is that one of our strikers can run!
I'm not saying they're not doing their best, but the better young players (Cox, Hammond, Robinson) need to be backed up with some investment, or we're in real trouble. How financially crippling would 4th tier football be, given the current state of affairs in the third!?!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Complete Badger said:
I agree with all of that, until the last sentence. I don't think the difference in income would be any less in league 2 - in fact it might be slightly more if we are nearer the top of that league, as people support a winning team. Anyway, as you said, that could so easily be avoided by just adding 2 or 3 players to help the decent youngsters of Robinson, Hammond, Cox etc.

Yes, there is that. But then we went down last year, and haven't found ourselves nearer the top of the league, so why would it be any different?

And although obviously the majority will, but i am almost certain that there will be a LOT of season ticket holders who don't renew if they've got to pay £400 quid for League 2 football!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Withdean Wanderer said:
We've got a couple of good young players, yes. We've also got a lot of average young players with potential
, who get praise largely on the basis that ithey are 'in their first season as regular players'. That doesn't mean they are good enough for what we need at the moment. We've lost 5 league games in a row (3 of those at home). Currently, that's DREADFUL form, whichever way you look at it. We've been tonked by Crewe and spanked by Blackpool. The only threat we have is that one of our strikers can run!
I'm not saying they're not doing their best, but the better young players (Cox, Hammond, Robinson) need to be backed up with some investment, or we're in real trouble. How financially crippling would 4th tier football be, given the current state of affairs in the third!?!

I've allready said that I agree we need investment in the team in the way of experienced players to help the youngsters out, but your attitude towards the players we are currently working with is becoming very common among todays Brighton fans! It's either instant success or we write them off!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
British Bulldog said:
but your attitude towards the players we are currently working with is becoming very common among todays Brighton fans! It's either instant success or we write them off!

I'm not writing them off, i'm just not getting too carried away. The only youth team players who've looked CLASS this year have been Robinson, Cox and Hammond. The rest have simple done a job.

This comes from someone who's seen the Albion twenty times this season and is still paying each game to watch them. God knows how we can attract the casual fan when even the regulars aren't that impressed!:lolol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Withdean Wanderer said:
Yes, there is that. But then we went down last year, and haven't found ourselves nearer the top of the league, so why would it be any different?

And although obviously the majority will, but i am almost certain that there will be a LOT of season ticket holders who don't renew if they've got to pay £400 quid for League 2 football!

And there lies one of the problems. IF a lot of supporters don,t renew their season tickets, that will leave a massive cahflow problem....i.e. unable to offer new contracts to existing players, whoever the manager is will not be able to buy anyone.....he won,t know what his budget is. This clubs suporters just about accepted relegation to league 1....they won,t be quite so supportive to take another consecutive relegation. Meanwhile, the team is looking a little demoralised by the run of defeats,very few supporters have real "belief" that new contract players will be brought in....dreadful weather, dreadful conditions, LDC, what appears to be a less then united board, ............result..........discontentment.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Zesh Rehman said:
Robinson has only scored in 4 out of 27 league games, not good enough

:yawn: :yawn:

The WHOLE team have picked up 31 points from 27 games. The WHOLE TEAM have to MAKE CHANCES for Robinson. They haven't. Our midfields amount of creativity is lacking.

THAT, is not good enough.

All our best player yesterday came through Robinson - but his only shot on goal was a 35 yarder that HE'D created himself.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Withdean Wanderer said:
:yawn: :yawn:

The WHOLE team have picked up 31 points from 27 games. The WHOLE TEAM have to MAKE CHANCES for Robinson. They haven't. Our midfields amount of creativity is lacking.

THAT, is not good enough.

All our best player yesterday came through Robinson - but his only shot on goal was a 35 yarder that HE'D created himself.

my point was that hes been credited with scoring 12 goals this year when really hes only scored in 4 games.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Robinson did well to beat players yesterday but unfortunately did'nt deliver many telling balls which is mostly down to experience.

And your right withdean wanderer the team created very little for our front two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here