Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Disappointing, Not Disastrous

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Geez! You've come up with some crackers before, but this takes the biscuit!

1st scrap the 3 CBs and play 4-4-2
2nd As soon as possible play Trossard and March as wide men.
So, back to two CMs then? Stephens and Propper were regularly and ruthlessly over-run last season. Mooy and Bissouma likely to do any better? No, of course not. Pick any two CMs (unless they're Gerrard and Vierra in their prime) and they wlll be over-run.

3rd Start with GM and then substitute him when he tires.
At the compulsory 70 minute mark again? Well, that's what Hughton always did, eh?

4th Get Duffy fit to go back to the CB pairing of Dunk and Duffy which was so good last year.
The key words there are 'last' and 'year'.

5th Accept that you dont have to play U23s unless they are the best option.
Connolly and Alzate are - for the matchday squad at least, if not always for the starting eleven. Soon will be starters though.

Finally TB look at the situation long before Christmas and make a decision.
I expect he's put in a lot more thought than any of us! I'm sure he already knows this is not a Hyypia situation. And FWIW, I was appalled when we sacked CH, but now is now - team Potter, thank you very much.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
2nd As soon as possible play Trossard and March as wide men
3rd Start with GM and then substitute him when he tires
4th Get Duffy fit to go back to the CB pairing of Dunk and Duffy which was so good last year.

Jurassic.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
oh right; so in short, bring back chris you mean :ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr:

i'll stick with magic arry potter, thanks all the same; far more chance of staying up

No I think GP attacking ideas would do us well but we have to be solid which at the moment we do not look. I am sure that he could even with a 4-4-2 get the midfield and forward men playing better and hopefully scoring goals.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
2nd As soon as possible play Trossard and March as wide men
3rd Start with GM and then substitute him when he tires

Darwin.

Look it up. . . .

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
What perturbed me whilst watching the game yesterday, apart from a performance that didn't seem bulging with lasting efficacy or adaptation, was how those in the crowd began to turn, the feeling febrile and unforgiving. It wasn't toward Potter as such, although the disgruntlement about team selection seemed mildly evident and our attacking intent wasn't in perfect working order, but not long after we were a goal down criticism roared out around me. I suppose really it was only a few voices, but they begin to dominate and resonate. Cries of I HATE YOU BONG and constant critical wishes for Gross to miraculously run faster than his legs could possibly carry him stuck in my mind, having me cheer the minuscule moments they did well all the louder. But mostly, it made me uncomfortable how quickly people turn, echoed by some on here of course, and vent rage and disappointment, no holds barred. I found it odd too how none of this ire was pointed at Webster for his disastrous lay off and lunge, or to Dale for a weak passback that should have led to a goal.
Anywho, it was a poor display, but i hope the venom from the stands doesn't stain too many more of our thoughts or messages.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
oh right; so in short, bring back chris you mean :ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr:

i'll stick with magic arry potter, thanks all the same; far more chance of staying up

But arry can’t work his magic cos we signed a load of duffers last year.
I’d take another season of mainly defensive football, to keep us up.
Then build towards full potterball over four or five windows.
The absolute key problem is there’s an expectation from high in the club of full magic Potterball now, but there aren’t the players to make it work.
and that equals relegation.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hate to be patronising but we definitely only won 2 games since beating Palace. I think you're counting might need questioning?

We won 3. We had 6 wins after beating Palace we ended up on 9

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
It's everything to read into today's' game because NOTHING has changed. We are still sloppy at the back and creating feck all. Stop writing games off. How do you think teams like Bournemouth and Burnley go to Chelsea and win ?

That was true for the second half of last season, but it's not true this year. We're creating chances now ... we're just not putting them in the net. I'm confident that will come. Hopefully from Maupay ASAP, but definitely from Trossard when he's back.

Being rock solid at the back got us nothing under Hughton. In fact, we weren't even that rock solid by the end of the season because the team was in such a bad place. I'd rather have us able to create chances as we are now but concede a few extra goals, as long as we start converting the chances. But I'll grant we need to start converting chances very soon.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
This is pretty depressing reading. It's away to Chelsea with a severely depleted squad, for heaven's sake.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
:lol:

Some of the guff i'm i'm reading is unbelievable

So nothing from you about yesterday? No doubt you will be like the clowns on the media talking about how badly Spurs played and continue to ignore the fact that part of the reason they were not good is because we were damned good. But I must say I agree with this comment of yours, has me wondering were your looking in the mirror when you wrote it.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So nothing from you about yesterday? No doubt you will be like the clowns on the media talking about how badly Spurs played and continue to ignore the fact that part of the reason they were not good is because we were damned good. But I must say I agree with this comment of yours, has me wondering were your looking in the mirror when you wrote it.
There won't be anything from him for a while - banned for being a pr@t.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There won't be anything from him for a while - banned for being a pr@t.

Shame I’d love to read his comments on yesterday’s performance.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

To be fair, every single match report I've watched/read has heavily praised how well we played and how class we looked all over the pitch.

As for Spence, I'd love to know his thoughts :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here