Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Disappointing, Not Disastrous

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Good Lord. Are people really saying today was the worst PL performance we’ve put in since coming up?
Seriously?

Exactly, the last four home games of last season were far worse than anything dished up today, when all the players had binned off Hughton's style of play, and we could've got ourselves relegated.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
No, with the run of winnable home games I expected us to have banked more points by now in preparation for tougher games

To be honest so did I. Outplayed both West Ham and Southampton, the first half against Burnley we were lucky to go in at halftime 0-0. An additional 4/5 points to our current total should have been the outcome, that includes the Newcastle game where we had 71% possession.

I am still reasonably optimistic for the future but only on the basis that, as you have stated, we put these winnable games to bed.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
This

Some of you wankers don’t remember the dark days when we were really shit.

We will stay up no one has patience anymore.

You’re wrong, only SOME on here have no patience. The rest are a mixture of eternal optimists, hopeful realists and ‘let’s see how it pans out’ pragmatists’. Vive la difference n’all that.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Did you think we played well then? We handed them one goal and were lucky not go give them two more by poor passing out the back. Bissoma isn't anywhere near fit yet, we didn't really look like scoring. Chelsea were pretty poor, ref was awful. Through balls to Maupay were dreadful at times. Ok not as bad as Jan-May last season but easily the worst Potter PL game.

I didn’t think we played well at all, and definitely worst performance of THIS season.
But not even on the scale compared to half a dozen other games over the previous two seasons

boik

I’m really disappointed at how much and how quickly people are panicking. With a complete change of style I was expecting a dodgy start with lots of mistakes, but I think the players have taken to it pretty well.

Potter is delivering exactly what he was asked: more adventurous football whilst bringing through the kids. Can’t see Tony binning him off despite Spences superior knowledge.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn’t think we played well at all, and definitely worst performance of THIS season.
But not even on the scale compared to half a dozen other games over the previous two seasons

Agreed, we tried and had plenty of possession but the injuries have decimated the experienced and flair side of our game. We will only be able to compete with a pretty much full strength team. Getting anything at Chelsea was always going to be a tall order. We will do very well to get a point next weekend.

We will be in a relegation battle all season so no idea why anyone is surprised we are already in the mix :shrug:

All that being said I am enjoying watching us way more than I did last season.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’m really disappointed at how much and how quickly people are panicking. With a complete change of style I was expecting a dodgy start with lots of mistakes, but I think the players have taken to it pretty well.

Potter is delivering exactly what he was asked: more adventurous football whilst bringing through the kids. Can’t see Tony binning him off despite Spences superior knowledge.

Could you imagine if we had zero points and zero goals after 7 games like a certain team two seasons ago.... Stayed up in the end, too - finished 11th ffs! There is such a long way to go, laughable that people like Spence are calling for heads to roll, rock bottom finish, etc.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Could you imagine if we had zero points and zero goals after 7 games like a certain team two seasons ago.... Stayed up in the end, too - finished 11th ffs! There is such a long way to go, laughable that people like Spence are calling for heads to roll, rock bottom finish, etc.

Far be it from me to stick up for Palace but they sacked their manager, to get Allardyce in. That's what saved them.
No, I am not suggesting we get Allardyce in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People keep quoting our possession statistics but possession doesnt win games as I am sure most are aware so really a nonsensical statistic with no relevance if you do not turn that into goals.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
We lost 2-0 to Cardiff at home last season, if anybody thinks that was our worst performance since we have been in the premier league, see a doctor. We all care about you.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
So you woups prefer to go back to crap football and no results? No pleasing some idiots.

Where did I say that? Why do you feel the need to be abusive as well as ignorant?

On the contrary, Potter's way is essential change; What I am challenging is the notion that somehow now we are playing attractive football everything is wonderful and we shall be fine; it is not as simple as that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here