Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disabled Parking Spaces

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
There are too many of them. Don't get me wrong, they are very important - what I am objecting to is the NUMBER of them. In most store car parks there are far more spaces than cars (Co-Op Peacehaven has about 20 spaces and I've only ever seen 2 cars in them); Montague Place in Worthing has 12 parking spaces, ALL disabled (only half filled with cars) and the reason you can't get a space in Churchill Sq car park some time is that half the lower floor is given over to disabled, and only about 40% are ever filled with disabled vehicles - we need to reduce all disabled parking by 25% to free up more space in our car parks and city centres. :angry:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
theres only one road into my house area and on this road theres a disabled bay.....ANYWAY....the other week a car was parked opposite to this bay meaning you had to drive over the disabled bay to get to my house. I went out for abit and when I returned the dozy old muthafucker who parks in the disabled bay...parked in it....meaning I had NO chance to get through (even on a pushbike it would be tight). I sat there with finger on the horn for 5minutes and nothing, I then rang his doorbell for 5minutes but nothing.

Not only did this piss me off immensly but theres a total of 8 houses further down the road (including mine) that had no hope of getting in or out, 8 families...some with babies...8 families who could'nt get emergency medical help from an Ambulance cos some old prick did'nt use common sense and just wanted to be an arsehole, 8 familes who could've died in a house fire because the Fire Crew we're delayed in getting to them.

Needless to say someone in the street rang the police but I got bored and went down the pub! next day he had gone out so I was able to drive my car home.....I'm currently plotting my revenge!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The reason there are so many is because they dish out too many. I'm all for legitimately disabled people getting special parking but I've lost count of the number of times I've seen an able bodied person park and stroll into the supermarket. It seems anyone can use mummy's parking badge because they are doing mummy's shopping.
What I really object to is parent/child spaces. Why should you get to park close to the score just because you were stupid enough to have children? I should get preferential parking for not over-populating the planet.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The reason that supermarkets have so many disabled bays is because so many thoughtless fuckers park in them who aren't disabled.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Paint over the lines marking the disabled bay, then paint double yellows in the same area.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Rangdo said:

What I really object to is parent/child spaces. Why should you get to park close to the score just because you were stupid enough to have children? I should get preferential parking for not over-populating the planet.

The population would die out without us.
These are really for parents who struggle with kids and shopping and need a bit more width for pushchairs and getting kids in and out of carseats. Unfortunately, they get filled up with selfish, lazy people who can't be bothered to walk a bit further.

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
it may appear that non-disabled people park in disabled bays, but not all disabled people have physical impairments. in fact some disabilities are not visible, but people can still be entitled to a disabled parking badge.
:glare:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Having had to drive somebody around who is disabled...

( and lets remember that also a lot of old people and others who may be able to physically walk but with difficulty are registered disabled )

.. it's frustrating having to wait until some selfish arsehole has moved from the disabled space.

Disabled people don't have a choice where to park you see - its next to the shop in that place or forget it.

Maybe the reason it seems that there are TWO many disabled parking spaces it that disabled people can find it generally very difficult to get around. Think about your place of work, could a person in a wheel chair get there easily? I very, very rarely see people in wheel chairs in London.

The tube is completely out, and the buses are supposed to be adapted. But if you ever witness the hassle that a person in awheelchair has to go through, you can understand why they choose to drive.

So let them have a few spaces.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We now have more Disabled Parking spaces at the Princess Royal Hospital in H/Heath than the whole of H/Heath........
I wouldnt mind if they were full, but 90% of them are empty.

And i have to pay to park at work now. And am not guarnteed a place to park still.
:( :(

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
virgirlo said:
it may appear that non-disabled people park in disabled bays, but not all disabled people have physical impairments. in fact some disabilities are not visible, but people can still be entitled to a disabled parking badge.
:glare:

And you begrudge them their car parking spce beause you don't wnat to walk another few metres?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Rangdo said:
The reason there are so many is because they dish out too many. I'm all for legitimately disabled people getting special parking but I've lost count of the number of times I've seen an able bodied person park and stroll into the supermarket. It seems anyone can use mummy's parking badge because they are doing mummy's shopping.

There is definately abuse of the system - but those badges are actually VERY DIFFICULT to get in the first place.

There are good deal of people, with walking difficulties or other problems who are NOT entitled to a badge. They've made it much harder. Before somebody posts that they shouldn't be driving -

.. the driver doesn't have to be disabled - just the passenger.

People who abuse that are as bad as those just parking there in my opinion.

Last edited:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
The idiots who DO park in the disabled spaces and disadvantage genuine disabled people are totally selfish and should be ashamed. Hopefully one day when they get older, they will experience the invonvenience that they cause.

However, the point I was trying to make in starting this thread was the sheer number of spaces is often way too many.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I get my shopping delivered if I have to (things I can't carry) - or buy fresh food daily.

I've never understood this "big shop" thing.

I do live in London where shops seemed to be open all night these days.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
GUNTER said:
The idiots who DO park in the disabled spaces and disadvantage genuine disabled people are totally selfish and should be ashamed. Hopefully one day when they get older, they will experience the invonvenience that they cause.

However, the point I was trying to make in starting this thread was the sheer number of spaces is often way too many.

Probably because the system is abused.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Marshy said:
We now have more Disabled Parking spaces at the Princess Royal Hospital in H/Heath than the whole of H/Heath........
I wouldnt mind if they were full, but 90% of them are empty.

And i have to pay to park at work now. And am not guarnteed a place to park still.
:( :(

Yep, don't know about your hospital but it seems impossible to park at a hospital these days.

Your hospital should run a private bus to get staff back and from work. Why don't employees do that? Is that a stupid idea ?

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's a viscious cirlce BTW.

You have disbaled parking spaces, people who shouldn't park in them do, they make more, more people who shouldn't park in them do, they make more.....

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
CrabtreeBHA said:
theres only one road into my house area and on this road theres a disabled bay.....ANYWAY....the other week a car was parked opposite to this bay meaning you had to drive over the disabled bay to get to my house. I went out for abit and when I returned the dozy old muthafucker who parks in the disabled bay...parked in it....meaning I had NO chance to get through (even on a pushbike it would be tight). I sat there with finger on the horn for 5minutes and nothing, I then rang his doorbell for 5minutes but nothing.

Not only did this piss me off immensly but theres a total of 8 houses further down the road (including mine) that had no hope of getting in or out, 8 families...some with babies...8 families who could'nt get emergency medical help from an Ambulance cos some old prick did'nt use common sense and just wanted to be an arsehole, 8 familes who could've died in a house fire because the Fire Crew we're delayed in getting to them.

Needless to say someone in the street rang the police but I got bored and went down the pub! next day he had gone out so I was able to drive my car home.....I'm currently plotting my revenge!

Am i reading this right ? surely the dosey twat who parked opposite the bay is at fault !!

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
dont get me started on this!!!

sheesh, also Motorcycle spaces.

only .3% are disabled and about 1.1% drive Motorbikes.

YET, FooKING YET, 10% of spaces are for Motorbikes and spazzmo's.

unreal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here