Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dilemma - assistance sought about the right thing to do regarding Saturday

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Dear All

Sorry to lower the tone a little as like most I have waited 14 years for our moment on Saturday. For those that know me, they will be aware of some liver problems I am having. One of the symptoms is sporadic loss of blood from time to time and has recently started again, which in turn requires a transfusion. The longer I leave it, the weaker I will feel and with this in mind my wife is insisting that I should go to The RSCH who have been dealing with this (God Bless them) since it was first diagnosed.

I now have a tug of war going on between my heart and my head. The one thing I do know is that if I was to go up there at some point later today or tomorrow I will miss the game on Saturday as they will keep me in possibly till Monday, that I know from experience.

Having been a season ticket holder at the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and now Falmer, after the 14 years of hurt I simply have to be there on Saturday and have saved myself for this game. It's been the one thing that's kept me going whilst waiting for the transplant. I don't actually know why I've written this on here but needed to express it somewhere.

Thanks for listening

Jimbo

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
There will be other games in the future, and whenever it is, your first will be amazing. I'd get checked out if I were you.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Could you go to them but insist that, if they are to keep you in, you have a day release as it were from, say, midday until 6.30pm Saturday?

Ultimately though your health should come first

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I don't think me and you have had many good words to say about each other since you arrived on here, but for Christ's sake get it checked out. Lots of people will miss games including Saturday's one, making it to the Amex one day is a lot more important.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
There will be other games in the future, and whenever it is, your first will be amazing. I'd get checked out if I were you.

F$ck the game and think of the highest choice-

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I presume the RSCH is the Surrey hospital up near Guildford ?
If so, I shall be driving from Bristol and back that evening for the game. If you can escape I can pick you up on the way through and drop you back after.

Royal Sussex County Hospital, I assume.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Miss the game, get yourself sorted out. Some things are more important.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Why would they keep you in over the weekend. You have to be on the way to your final match before you get anything done from friday afternoon till monday. Talk to the Consultant the SPR's will want to keep you in to practise on. :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Go get checked out NOW. Whether it's Donny, Blackpool, Peterborough or Leeds, your first game will be special, whoever it is

After 14 years, a week or two will make no difference

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
To be honest, as good at Saturday is going to be, the best two games will be Leeds and Palace in just a few weeks time, the atmosphere will exceed Saturdays by far and will be the two not to miss.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Dear All

Sorry to lower the tone a little as like most I have waited 14 years for our moment on Saturday. For those that know me, they will be aware of some liver problems I am having. One of the symptoms is sporadic loss of blood from time to time and has recently started again, which in turn requires a transfusion. The longer I leave it, the weaker I will feel and with this in mind my wife is insisting that I should go to The RSCH who have been dealing with this (God Bless them) since it was first diagnosed.

I now have a tug of war going on between my heart and my head. The one thing I do know is that if I was to go up there at some point later today or tomorrow I will miss the game on Saturday as they will keep me in possibly till Monday, that I know from experience.

Having been a season ticket holder at the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and now Falmer, after the 14 years of hurt I simply have to be there on Saturday and have saved myself for this game. It's been the one thing that's kept me going whilst waiting for the transplant. I don't actually know why I've written this on here but needed to express it somewhere.

Thanks for listening

Jimbo

Three main things in life Bud, Health, Happiness, & Wealth, and you have to keep them in that order :-(, my strong advise would be go to the Hospital Matey :-(

Dear All

Thanks for listening

Jimbo

Jimbo, you really can be an arse sometimes.

It's a game of football FFS, at what point do you even consider it more important than your health and the reaction of your family should the worst happen?

You know I'm missing the Donny game due to Daughters wedding, it took me roughly 2 seconds to decide which was more important to me, my Family or Brighton.

Your choices are as Follows:

1) Go to the game and risk your health and putting your family through abject misery, the lasting emotion they will be left with is Football more important than them.

or

2) Get yourself checked out and join me and a few others on our own little pilgramage to the Blackpool game.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
Get up the county NOW!!! That in memory list in saturdays programme was too bloody long anyrate, dont add yourself to it! Football is a matter of life or death, but your family are much more important! Good luck mate.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think you are asking the wrong people. Its the Drs at the hospital that you should be speaking to. If they say not a chance, then for the sake of your health and family miss this game.

If on the other hand they can give you a few hrs pass and say that you must be back in RSCH that evening and all that is possible, then maybe with the right logistics you could attend the game.

I wouldn't mess about with your health. As others have said, whenever your first game is - it will be special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here