Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dilemma - assistance sought about the right thing to do regarding Saturday

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Go to hospital. They can treat you now if you need treatment. If by Saturday lunchtime treatment has yet to begin/nothing happened discharge yourself or discharge yourself for an afternoon.

Don't sue me if you die during the game though please.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Your health comes first sir! It's the case of risking your health for the first game of the season or be fit enough to see out the whole season?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Get up the county NOW!!! That in memory list in saturdays programme was too bloody long anyrate, dont add yourself to it! Football is a matter of life or death, but your family are much more important! Good luck mate.
Beautifully put mate :)

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I presume the RSCH is the Surrey hospital up near Guildford ?
If so, I shall be driving from Bristol and back that evening for the game. If you can escape I can pick you up on the way through and drop you back after.

FWY that's a really kind gesture and just goes to show that despite the little tiffs we all have, we are as one.....Brighton fans. The RSCH I'm referring to is the Sussex County in Brighton, but thanks for the offer (loved the use of the word Escape by the way). Have promised my wife that I'll review matters in the morning and take it from there. Thanks for your kind gesture. Best wishes Jimbo

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Jimbo.GRFC

Get Round (the) Flaming County

I was going to use a rude word for the F but thought it inappropriate

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
If you don't have your health - you have nothing.

It is the most important thing in the world.

Brian

Feb 21, 2009
Think of the consequences. If your at ease, then go to the game, I know what it means to you.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Get up the county NOW!!! That in memory list in saturdays programme was too bloody long anyrate, dont add yourself to it! Football is a matter of life or death, but your family are much more important! Good luck mate.
This - you don't know that by leaving you may do more damage which might mean missing more than one match anyway.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Many thanks to you all, it pains me to say but you are all correct. Doctors at 8.30 tomorrow morning, blood test to check latest Hemoglobin level, which I know feels low through previous experiences. The deal I have agreed with my wife is that if I am kept in, highly likely, then day release or escape as someone put it and then return. This way I don't upset my family, my medics and just as importantly myself. I know I've mentioned it before that on this board we may have our spats, that's what makes it the forum it is. Again thanks all for helping me see sense.

Best wishes to you all !!

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
Many thanks to you all, it pains me to say but you are all correct. Doctors at 8.30 tomorrow morning, blood test to check latest Hemoglobin level, which I know feels low through previous experiences. The deal I have agreed with my wife is that if I am kept in, highly likely, then day release or escape as someone put it and then return. This way I don't upset my family, my medics and just as importantly myself. I know I've mentioned it before that on this board we may have our spats, that's what makes it the forum it is. Again thanks all for helping me see sense.

Good luck buddy, and keep us all up to date with things (if the gestapo let you) lol

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

That has to be the correct answer. Hope you get to the game, Jimbo.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009

Good luck Jimbo. Enjoy your first game, whether it's on Saturday or at a later date.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Dunno what you're complaining about missing one game (even this one). I haven't seen a home game since 1988

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dear All

Sorry to lower the tone a little as like most I have waited 14 years for our moment on Saturday. For those that know me, they will be aware of some liver problems I am having. One of the symptoms is sporadic loss of blood from time to time and has recently started again, which in turn requires a transfusion. The longer I leave it, the weaker I will feel and with this in mind my wife is insisting that I should go to The RSCH who have been dealing with this (God Bless them) since it was first diagnosed.

I now have a tug of war going on between my heart and my head. The one thing I do know is that if I was to go up there at some point later today or tomorrow I will miss the game on Saturday as they will keep me in possibly till Monday, that I know from experience.

Having been a season ticket holder at the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and now Falmer, after the 14 years of hurt I simply have to be there on Saturday and have saved myself for this game. It's been the one thing that's kept me going whilst waiting for the transplant. I don't actually know why I've written this on here but needed to express it somewhere.

Thanks for listening

Jimbo

Heart or your head? Thought it was yer liver? ???

Seriously, get you health sorted mate. That's all that counts in the end, both to yourself and to everybody who cares about you or you care about. The stadium will be here forever and there will be other Saturdays. Do the right thing. The first League game at the new stadioum will be all but forgotten by about Tuesday. Take care.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here