Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Diego Gomez

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Is this happening or have the club moved on ?

By all accounts this is a done deal but he won't be joining until Jan, so maybe Inter Miami don't want to formally announce it until after their season ends (December).

Or possibly, we may bring him in this month if we don't get O'Reily (but assume we would need to pay extra to Inter Miami in that case).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Another singing to look forward to in January hopefully then 🙌
Just a stunning insurance policy.

If we are wracked with injuries and suspensions, he is going to be incredibly useful as we start our FA Cup campaign.

However, if the likes of O’Riley, Milner, Wieffer and Ayari are all fighting fit and bang in form, he can have a little 1/2 season development loan to get used to the new country.

TB is not ****ing about this season.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I wonder if the terms of whatever we've agreed with Miami are changeable, (or we would look to change them) given what has happened to O'Reilly.

Because the sense i've got is that the transfer has been agreed, all parties have agreed to keep their mouths shut and we've contracted that we won't take him until their season ends.

But what if that wasn't part of the contract? That we basically let them keep him until the end of their season, more out of good will, because we knew we were covered as we were getting O'Reilly .... but that has now possibly changed.

Or what if no contract has been signed and agreed? We could now buy him and register him now?

I'm not dead set on this, but just say we get a bad prognosis on O'Reilly, say it's till the end of the year. It makes little sense to struggle through till then, then have two midfielders coming in at the same time

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is this happening or have the club moved on ?

I am led to believe that it is all due to the MLS financial restrictions. If he is signed before October (?) the fee is included in the cap for this season, if it’s after, it’s for next season.

Something like that.

I think.

I can’t remember exactly what I was told, and I can’t find it anywhere now.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I wonder if the terms of whatever we've agreed with Miami are changeable, (or we would look to change them) given what has happened to O'Reilly.

Because the sense i've got is that the transfer has been agreed, all parties have agreed to keep their mouths shut and we've contracted that we won't take him until their season ends.

But what if that wasn't part of the contract? That we basically let them keep him until the end of their season, more out of good will, because we knew we were covered as we were getting O'Reilly .... but that has now possibly changed.

Or what if no contract has been signed and agreed? We could now buy him and register him now?

I'm not dead set on this, but just say we get a bad prognosis on O'Reilly, say it's till the end of the year. It makes little sense to struggle through till then, then have two midfielders coming in at the same time

Our transfer window has closed so we could only sign him in January.

Or if a deal has already been done, likewise we can only register him in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here