Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Diego Gomez

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
I will be doubly gutted if we ship him out now
He's not good enough for the prem currently, blows hot and cold and with Gross and Lallana gone we need players who can step up, Facundo has proved he can't do that as he's had loads of chances. The club obviously realise he's not upto it hence the move.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
He's not good enough for the prem currently, blows hot and cold and with Gross and Lallana gone we need players who can step up, Facundo has proved he can't do that as he's had loads of chances. The club obviously realise he's not upto it hence the move.
Assisted two goals in the last game in Japan and scored a few quality goals in a team struggling for goals last season. Not injured regularly and 19 years old. Tough crowd, the guy is going to be World Class imo, shame it won’t be for us. Played out of position for most of last season too.

A county mile in front of Lallana last season for me. He is definitely good enough for a middling PL team imo, and that is all we are.

I really hope FH is not Hyypia mk2, but I fear he might be and hope he is not the one choosing to ship out Gilmour and Facundo.

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I really hope FH is not Hyypia mk2, but I fear he might be and hope he is not the one choosing to ship out Gilmour and Facundo.

This is why we're shipping out those 2.

One is a no.10 who doesn't create, the other is a DM who doesn't defend.

1000013885.png
1000013884.png

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Assisted two goals in the last game in Japan and scored a few quality goals in a team struggling for goals last season. Not injured regularly and 19 years old. Tough crowd, the guy is going to be World Class imo, shame it won’t be for us. Played out of position for most of last season too.

A county mile in front of Lallana last season for me. He is definitely good enough for a middling PL team imo, and that is all we are.

Assisted 2 goals against a team playing in a pub league doesn't make him a player and the reason we are middle of the road side is we got too many average players, Hinshelwood left Facundo standing last season playing out of position, he took his opportunity and Facundo didn't stand out, the new signings we have made and are looking at means Facundo may get a run out in the cup if he's lucky, yes he may turn out to be a good player in the future, we want to push on to be a better side and he currently isn't good enough to take us there. As you say he's good enough for a middle of the road team thats why were moving him on.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Assisted 2 goals against a team playing in a pub league doesn't make him a player and the reason we are middle of the road side is we got too many average players, Hinshelwood left Facundo standing last season playing out of position, he took his opportunity and Facundo didn't stand out, the new signings we have made and are looking at means Facundo may get a run out in the cup if he's lucky, yes he may turn out to be a good player in the future, we want to push on to be a better side and he currently isn't good enough to take us there. As you say he's good enough for a middle of the road team thats why were moving him on.
We’ll see, FH is a PL novice, hopefully he’ll prove to be special. Currently I am worried and unless we are bringing in real quality in midfield and a PL ready full back I will continue to think like that. Gilmour and Facundo are young and experienced and letting both go along with Gross is a concern to me, especially as Enciso may again have a long term injury :shrug:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
The price for Gilmore reflects how good people believe he is, Baleba will be a much better player this season with better players around him imo.
I can see Baleba being a beast this season, apart from the unproven Wieffer who are the better players though, the current ones are all being shipped out?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
We’ll see, FH is a PL novice, hopefully he’ll prove to be special. Currently I am worried and unless we are bringing in real quality in midfield and a PL ready full back I will continue to think like that.
We have already brought in much better quality in Weiffer and Gomez. FH? i assume u mean JH is already proved he's special, scored 3 goals from RB the boy is a developing diamond. I'm sure we will bring in a decent RB before window closes. I have to just say being a middling team in the prem is ok when we've been used to watching the team in the lower leagues, getting into Europe was a dream but feet on the ground not gona happen every year just yet.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
We have already brought in much better quality in Weiffer and Gomez. FH? i assume u mean JH is already proved he's special, scored 3 goals from RB the boy is a developing diamond. I'm sure we will bring in a decent RB before window closes. I have to just say being a middling team in the prem is ok when we've been used to watching the team in the lower leagues, getting into Europe was a dream but feet on the ground not gona happen every year just yet.
Gomez has not signed yet and will probably not be available until January if he is. FH is our manager. You have no idea if either is better quality as neither has played in the PL yet either. FH is a gamble and if he is responsible for binning last year’s midfield, then excuse me for being concerned! :smile:

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Gomez has not signed yet and will probably not be available until January if he is. FH is our manager. You have no idea if either is better quality as neither has played in the PL yet either. FH is a gamble and if he is responsible for binning last year’s midfield, then excuse me for being concerned! :smile:
Facundo didn't play in midfield. Gilmore created zilch, Baleba was only partially used, gross nearly killed himself playing every minute. We had Welbz playing in the 10 role due to injury, we had that useless waste of money from Barca. For me it's nice to see it being refreshed maybe we will kick on, yes the manager is a risk but we have to trust the system, personally when Pervis is back fit I can see Barco coming into midfield or playing further forward, he's too good to be sat on his arse.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here