Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Camacho

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I guess from Gus comments so far fitness is the only thing that needs proving.

I'd love it to work out and play Kish further forward. He could cause havoc if freed up a bit

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I can not believe people opinions on this!
You say we have cover in midfield but we also have cover upfront too!

We have NO natural cover for Navarro. Why can only very few people see this?
If Navarro was a striker he would be this 25+ season man people bang on about. He is more important that a striker with the way we play.
He NEEDS to be replaced with a natural holding player not just covered for by out of position players.
Midfield is NOT fine with Navarro out. That is fact not opinion.

No, it is opinion... the central midfielders all played well Sat...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
and you have forgotton that we have not got a holding midfielder in the squad who can play either. and baz has been quoted by gus as being a left sided attaker so we do have one ah and bennet. but i agree we could do with another.

a holding midfielder, left sided midfielder, left footed defender. they are the gaps that need filling. personally these are more important than another striker as we four or five players there. these posistions sort out the ballance of the squad, get that right before adding to areas with extra quality.

No - we have 2 strikers and 2 players not really good enough in the striker position... Gus has said its a priority and it is...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
this guy is obviously going to be plenty good enough in a few weeks time, hes been knocking around in la liga for years. Sign him up i say.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At the moment I would sign him and play him for part of the game at Sheff Wed and increase his time as his fitness improves. Could start off with a job share with Kishishev.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Was'nt to fit tonight but IMHO looked assured on the ball and was on a different level to the rest of the team.

He was dropping deep to pic up the ball but the defenders were often wanting to get it further forward quicker ableit on the floor which was good but bypassed him often and he found it difficult to get in the game and infuence it more. Saw more of the ball early second half and looked pretty good.

I would give him a contract untill the end of the season.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Am i the only one who thinks we are getting desperate if we are thinking of using Tanno as back up for Painter ?

I can't speak for EVERYONE, but surely it was just a run out for Mauricio and not a serious intention to have him next in line to replace Painter. Merely another option, if required. We are losing defenders at the rate of knots and I would imagine that Gus would rather spend money elsewhere.

Tarrico is presumably streets ahead of our current crop when it comes to natural gift and experience. It wouldn't hurt to have that added option.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
At the moment I would sign him and play him for part of the game at Sheff Wed and increase his time as his fitness improves. Could start off with a job share with Kishishev.

What is this continual going on about Kishishev and not coping with 90 mins?
LAst Saturday, the man was superb, played 90 minutes, AND had to put the extra in as we were down to 10 men.
There was no sign of him being not able to play the full match.
WHY are people saying he has to 'job share'.
THE MAN IS FIT

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I never saw the problem of Wright and McNulty. Both decent back ups .

I think I only saw Wright once and he looked capable, but presumably wanted away to get some first team football. I would imagine that he will be on a similar wage at Oxford and playing week in, week out.

McNulty didn't seem to want to be here since his recovery from his injury and no guarantee of a starting berth.

Gus doesn't seem to like players that do not put in 100% or players that are just happy to breeze through. Fair play to him.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I can't speak for EVERYONE, but surely it was just a run out for Mauricio and not a serious intention to have him next in line to replace Painter. Merely another option, if required. We are losing defenders at the rate of knots and I would imagine that Gus would rather spend money elsewhere.

Tarrico is presumably streets ahead of our current crop when it comes to natural gift and experience. It wouldn't hurt to have that added option.
I can't agree with that Paul.The club are down to the bare bones on the playing side and it appears they are also struggling in the transfer market aswell.
Playing Tanno simply means we are desperate now.Come on Paul,the guy hung up his boots a good few years ago.It's rather embarrassing regardless if he played well or not.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I can't agree with that Paul.The club are down to the bare bones on the playing side and it appears they are also struggling in the transfer market aswell.
Playing Tanno simply means we are desperate now.Come on Paul,the guy hung up his boots a good few years ago.It's rather embarrassing regardless if he played well or not.

for heavens sake get a grip mate. we're missing 4 members of the entire first team squad, or 5 if you include Dunk. hardly down to the bare bones is it.

i for one would be perfectly happy if you didn't make anymore signings AT ALL. we have plenty of talent in the squad as things stand. calm down and try and enjoy the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here