Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Didnt realise i brought a season ticket for everyone else.....

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
There is a BIG difference between a little groan or a moan to the bloke next to you when one of our players mucks up, and standing up belting at the top of your lungs "BARNES YOU ARE A USELESS C**T" before he's even done anything wrong.

It's the latter behaviour that is getting people's backs up, and rightly so.
nail... head. O.p - is this making sense now?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Poor windup, imho. But cleverly incorporating a level of literacy to reinforce the notion that serial moaners are very often those who have achieved very little in real life. Bellowing obscenities at professional footballers gives them a unique chance to assert an imagned superiority over someone else. With the added frisson of knowing their target won't be able to answer - nor indeed hit - back.

Not a fan. Not a supporter. Just a spectator.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You might be entitled to critise the players but, assume you are employed, how would you feel if you were critised all the while you were at work by your customers.

People who come up with "I paid my money I can do what I like" is something a 9 year old cries in the playground.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Try getting behind the team with some unconditional support.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
You might be entitled to critise the players but, assume you are employed, how would you feel if you were critised all the while you were at work by your customers.

People who come up with "I paid my money I can do what I like" is something a 9 year old cries in the playground.
this

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The OP does however reflect a viewpoint held by a sizeable minority of those who attend the Amex and have come from a different background.

There are plenty of people who I have argued with on NSC (Mr Burns, Albion Dan, NMH, Simster etc) but the one thing that I do think of them is that they are 100% committed to the Albion, have been through the shit days, and have a sense of the clubs' history. They are fans who have an alternative view on players, style, management and so on, which whilst you may not agree with, I do have a lot of respect for them.

The new breed such as the OP can't remember the 4-0 home defeat to Crewe, rarely (if ever) sat in the miserable wind swept rain, and whose football experience comes from watching MoTD and Sky. Compared to what they see there, the Albion's somewhat slow tippy-tap style must be difficult to fathom out. As a consequence, they get more frustrated, as they are expecting more than our history would associate us with, whereas those of us who have the likes of Chris Holroyd and Ashley Neal lodged in our memory banks are grateful for the incredible job that Tony Bloom has done for us.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
"Didnt realise i brought a season ticket for everyone else..... "

Well now you do......Is it to late to say thank you?

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. But constantly moaning throughout the whole 90 minutes, then what is the point of going? Surely getting behind the team is far more important, if you don't want to do that then stay at home and give up your seat for a real supporter/fan.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. But constantly moaning throughout the whole 90 minutes, then what is the point of going? Surely getting behind the team is far more important, if you don't want to do that then stay at home and give up your seat for a real supporter/fan.

I think the issue is Kev that the OP thinks that the point of going IS to moan for 90 minutes, because for whatever reason, it makes him feel better.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
7th in the championship
spanking new stadium
lashings of beer

remind me again what you feel the need to moan about?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Is it always the same people moaning? I had my first real moan for a couple of years on weds at the lack of one of our star wingers in the starting line up & not being brought on til after the 11 statues had scored. After 900 games I'm glad I still care enough to have the odd rant & I will again sometime

YPeople who come up with "I paid my money I can do what I like" is something a 9 year old cries in the playground.

What exactly would a 9 year old be doing in a playground to utter those words? If the original poster was really to behave like a 9 yr old in a playground surely he'd say something like:

"Ashley Barnes, Ashley Barnes smells of poo and lives on a farm"

"Kazenga Loo-Seat Loo-Seat"

"Nooney and Brezovan sitting in a tree K I S S I N G"

"Miss, Miss! - Craig Mackail Smith won't shoot."

etc etc

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Tell Me just what exactly have you really got to moan about We are seeing the best team in a generation
Playing the best football with players like vincente dunk greer cms barnes buckley the list go's on
then a top team like cardiff come to town and park their bus > because they are afraid of getting hammered We have also had a couplle of good cup runs/games
So please tell me just what the f*** have you [or anyone ] got to moan about
your missus must be a saint

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Many people have (brought) bought season tickets. I think that we should take a vote on their right to sit without a 90 minute moaner sitting anywhere near them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here