Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did we applaud FC United off?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I wasn't there on Saturday, but I just wondered if we as a group of fans did acknowledge their achievement on the day at the final whistle?

Seeing as how they're in about Division Eight or something, I like to think we did. I can't be bothered to wade through every single post on the subject so apologies if fixtures, but what I have read to date has all been booing, moans, groans, and Gus's comments (which obviously weren't great).

I just hope we did, because it's big-time to immediately see the situation for what it is (minnows getting an amazing result) and not acknowledging it is just small-time behaviour.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I wasn't there on Saturday, but I just wondered if we as a group of fans did acknowledge their achievement on the day at the final whistle?

Seeing as how they're in about Division Eight or something, I like to think we did. I can't be bothered to wade through every single post on the subject so apologies if fixtures, but what I have read to date has all been booing, moans, groans, and Gus's comments (which obviously weren't great).

I just hope we did, because it's big-time to immediately see the situation for what it is (minnows getting an amazing result) and not acknowledging it is just small-time behaviour.

I did.

Well, i say i did, but i was more applauding their fans...

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think most people were too pissed off at the penalty miss and being frozen to stand around any longer and acknowledge FCUM, which is a shame but understandable in my opinion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tooting - I understand your point, but if you HAD been there, I don't think you'd have made it.

Yes the achievement is huge, given the gap between the clubs. However, not being there, you'd put the result down to their sheer hard work and application, which in truth probably covers less than half of it. They were hammered for 90 minutes, and only in the game at all down to their keeper, and our woeful finishing.

If you HAD been there you'd have seen the thuggery, timewasting, blatant cheating, and cynical spoiling tactics, you might temper your applause. At least one of the main thugs is banned for the replay. Hopefully the No.5 will join him. The No.3 was an utter joke, lying down clutching various parts of his anatomy, every time the ball got near their box, in the second half. More fool the idiot ref for swallowing it.

Personally, I clapped their KEEPER. The rest can do one.

Tom V

Nov 19, 2010
Tooting - I understand your point, but if you HAD been there, I don't think you'd have made it.

Yes the achievement is huge, given the gap between the clubs. However, not being there, you'd put the result down to their sheer hard work and application, which in truth probably covers less than half of it. They were hammered for 90 minutes, and only in the game at all down to their keeper, and our woeful finishing.

If you HAD been there you'd have seen the thuggery, timewasting, blatant cheating, and cynical spoiling tactics, you might temper your applause. At least one of the main thugs is banned for the replay. Hopefully the No.5 will join him. The No.3 was an utter joke, lying down clutching various parts of his anatomy, every time the ball got near their box, in the second half. More fool the idiot ref for swallowing it.

Personally, I clapped their KEEPER. The rest can do one.

Straight red mate. The ban doesnt come into effect until 3 days after the replay.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Straight red mate. The ban doesnt come into effect until 3 days after the replay.

How do work that out?

3 match ban, immediate effect.

Or do you have special rules in the noddy leagues?

Tom V

Nov 19, 2010
How do work that out?

3 match ban, immediate effect.

Or do you have special rules in the noddy leagues?

We had 2 players pick up suspensions on saturday. Oyr number 10 Jerome Wright (1 game) and Scott McManus (3 games). 1 of the bans doesnt come into effect for 2 weeks and the other is straight away. I may be mixing them up but either way if all our games between now and the replay go ahead they will both be available

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We had 2 players pick up suspensions on saturday. Oyr number 10 Jerome Wright (1 game) and Scott McManus (3 games). 1 of the bans doesnt come into effect for 2 weeks and the other is straight away. I may be mixing them up but either way if all our games between now and the replay go ahead they will both be available

You're playing THREE more games between today and next Wednesday!?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Fully appreciate the sentiments, especially the 'so pissed off after the penalty and being frozen didn't bother'.

Not so convinced by the 'they were time-wasters' argument. Of course they were, they were seven minutes from a sensation.

When I have seen some of the most humiliating Cup giantkillings (or draws and narrow defeats come to that) especially at the ground of the big team, they have applauded the non-league team off, and I think that is the mark of good fans with some perspective.

The reason I asked in the first place was that I suspect some of our fans are losing their perspective, and (to me) this partially confirms it.

Tom V

Nov 19, 2010
You're playing THREE more games between today and next Wednesday!?

this is from

TheFA.com - Players Awaiting Suspension

Club Player Start End Description
FC United Of Manchester JEROME WRIGHT 30/11/2010 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for 5/10/15 cautions.
FC United Of Manchester Scott McManus 04/12/2010 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for 5/10/15 cautions.
FC United Of Manchester Scott McManus 11/12/2010 Suspended from all football until the Club have completed 3 first team matches for a Sending Off in a match played on 27/11/2010.
FC United Of Manchester BEN DEEGAN 11/12/2010 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for 5/10/15 cautions.

all our players that are fit are available as we have 2 games between now and the replay

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Fully appreciate the sentiments, especially the 'so pissed off after the penalty and being frozen didn't bother'.

Not so convinced by the 'they were time-wasters' argument. Of course they were, they were seven minutes from a sensation.

When I have seen some of the most humiliating Cup giantkillings (or draws and narrow defeats come to that) especially at the ground of the big team, they have applauded the non-league team off, and I think that is the mark of good fans with some perspective.

The reason I asked in the first place was that I suspect some of our fans are losing their perspective, and (to me) this partially confirms it.

You weren't there so you can offer absolutely no meaningful opinion on the time-wasting despite all that you've just typed. Your views on the fans who didn't clap FCUM off, i hold in similar disregard.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I didnt. I just wanted to get home. It was f***ing freezing. FCUTD or not if they actually made a game of it then I may have done.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
JDDS, I have been watching football for more than 30 years, and I know what time-wasting is. Why are you surprised? Was this your first game? Anyone getting too upset with a non-league team time-wasting at the League One leaders in the FA Cup when ahead is, I'm afraid, missing the point. You seem to be putting in an early application for that Albion fan with zero perspective, and the kind of small-timer that has come out of the woodwork a lot on here in the last six months. Be big enough to acknowledge drawing at a team five leagues above you is a good result, otherwise you look very petty.

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
As i made my way down from the stand at the final whistle i gave the FCUM fans a clap. They deserved it best away fans i've seen at The Withers!

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
JDDS, I have been watching football for more than 30 years, and I know what time-wasting is. Why are you surprised? Was this your first game? Anyone getting too upset with a non-league team time-wasting at the League One leaders in the FA Cup when ahead is, I'm afraid, missing the point. You seem to be putting in an early application for that Albion fan with zero perspective, and the kind of small-timer that has come out of the woodwork a lot on here in the last six months. Be big enough to acknowledge drawing at a team five leagues above you is a good result, otherwise you look very petty.

Im saying that if you didn't see the game then you can't comment about their time-wasting. I don't care how long you've been watching football or how highly you seem to hold your opinions. You weren't there so you can offer no meaningful opinion on the tactics employed by FCUM. It really is that simple.

A bit like trying to give an opinion of a film if you haven't seen it. No amount of waffle from you will change the basic flaw in your argument.

You can also get off your high-horse about me. I've not offered an opinion on whether they time-wasted or not and neither gave I said whether I clapped them off so excuse me but you can go and find someone else to patronise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here