Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did we applaud FC United off?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
To answer the original question, I didn't clap, mostly for the reason that I was wearing colours and wouldn't want our players to think I was in any way applauding them for their day's work.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nope.

I'm well aware that it just reads as sour grapes, but its far from it.

Their supporters were incredible, and all credit to them. Never heard noise like that from that end. not from Leeds, nor anyone.

Their team though were a huge let down. Woking, in the first game really came at us, and I was very impressed with them. this lot didn't even try to play. Great EFFORT of course, but you'd expect that. Nothing else, though. Pretty embarrassing that we didn't put six past them, to be honest.

That's not what you said though is it...thuggery, blatant cheating etc. etc. I didn't see anything of the sort. I saw a team taking it's time when it could, and to be honest, saw nothing from them that I haven't seen from our own team this season. Are you stood up on some kind of high moral ground to cast these assertions or what!?

Your post above I can partly agree with, but the rest, I think you're out of order.:glare:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's not what you said though is it...thuggery, blatant cheating etc. etc. I didn't see anything of the sort. I saw a team taking it's time when it could, and to be honest, saw nothing from them that I haven't seen from our own team this season. Are you stood up on some kind of high moral ground to cast these assertions or what!?

Your post above I can partly agree with, but the rest, I think you're out of order.:glare:

So you didn't see the assault on Hart that produced the red card? Or the the Albion player shoved over off the ball a few minutes earlier in front of the dug-outs? Or the number 3 go down holding his face / leg / etc THREE times, each when the Albion were on the attack, and mysteriously recover quickly once the danger was over? Or the keeper go off in search of a second ball, after the ball boy had already chuck one at him [twice]?

I'm sure my view of the game was tainted by my frustration at the scoreline - that's inevitable. Everything I've listed happened though.

Just because their fans were brilliant [and they really were] doesn't mean we can't have opinions on their team.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So you didn't see the assault on Hart that produced the red card? Or the the Albion player shoved over off the ball a few minutes earlier in front of the dug-outs? Or the number 3 go down holding his face / leg / etc THREE times, each when the Albion were on the attack, and mysteriously recover quickly once the danger was over? Or the keeper go off in search of a second ball, after the ball boy had already chuck one at him [twice]?

I'm sure my view of the game was tainted by my frustration at the scoreline - that's inevitable. Everything I've listed happened though.

Just because their fans were brilliant [and they really were] doesn't mean we can't have opinions on their team.

You'll note I didn't deny these events, but they're no worse than what I've seen from Brighton players this season, re: no.3 see Calderon at Charlton, red card see Greer at home to Rochdale. Murray was no angel in this game either. What I'm saying is is that nothing they did made me particularly upset, certainly not enough to call it all the things you have said. Sure time wasting is frustrating, what would you imagine Brighton players doing 1 nil up away at the Emirates or something, getting the ball back with due haste!? I certainly hope not!!!:laugh:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At least one of the main thugs is banned for the replay. Hopefully the No.5 will join him.

Straight red mate. The ban doesnt come into effect until 3 days after the replay.

this is from

TheFA.com - Players Awaiting Suspension

Club Player Start End Description
FC United Of Manchester JEROME WRIGHT 30/11/2010 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for 5/10/15 cautions.
FC United Of Manchester Scott McManus 04/12/2010 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for 5/10/15 cautions.
FC United Of Manchester Scott McManus 11/12/2010 Suspended from all football until the Club have completed 3 first team matches for a Sending Off in a match played on 27/11/2010.
FC United Of Manchester BEN DEEGAN 11/12/2010 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for 5/10/15 cautions.

all our players that are fit are available as we have 2 games between now and the replay

A couple of postponements this week and all three would be suspended. Its just as well there's no cold weather on the way.

Oh.

Game 1, called off last night...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here