Did we applaud FC United off?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
this is from

TheFA.com - Players Awaiting Suspension

Club Player Start End Description
FC United Of Manchester JEROME WRIGHT 30/11/2010 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for 5/10/15 cautions.
FC United Of Manchester Scott McManus 04/12/2010 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for 5/10/15 cautions.
FC United Of Manchester Scott McManus 11/12/2010 Suspended from all football until the Club have completed 3 first team matches for a Sending Off in a match played on 27/11/2010.
FC United Of Manchester BEN DEEGAN 11/12/2010 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for 5/10/15 cautions.

all our players that are fit are available as we have 2 games between now and the replay

By the looks of that, Scott McManus is suspended for four matches, starting this coming Saturday.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Im saying that if you didn't see the game then you can't comment about their time-wasting. I don't care how long you've been watching football or how highly you seem to hold your opinions. You weren't there so you can offer no meaningful opinion on the tactics employed by FCUM. It really is that simple.

A bit like trying to give an opinion of a film if you haven't seen it. No amount of waffle from you will change the basic flaw in your argument.

You can also get off your high-horse about me. I've not offered an opinion on whether they time-wasted or not and neither gave I said whether I clapped them off so excuse me but you can go and find someone else to patronise.

No, I think I'll patronise you some more if that's okay. You sound like a decent bloke with a nice posting name, an all-round good-guy and in no way an angry loser. Maybe just go easy on the lunchtime steroids.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
this is from

TheFA.com - Players Awaiting Suspension

Club Player Start End Description
FC United Of Manchester JEROME WRIGHT 30/11/2010 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for 5/10/15 cautions.
FC United Of Manchester Scott McManus 04/12/2010 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for 5/10/15 cautions.
FC United Of Manchester Scott McManus 11/12/2010 Suspended from all football until the Club have completed 3 first team matches for a Sending Off in a match played on 27/11/2010.
FC United Of Manchester BEN DEEGAN 11/12/2010 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for 5/10/15 cautions.

all our players that are fit are available as we have 2 games between now and the replay

I'd point out the blindingly obvious for you Tom, but go on - I'll give you a chance to READ what you've just posted first...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
By the looks of that, Scott McManus is suspended for four matches, starting this coming Saturday.

A couple of postponements this week and all three would be suspended. Its just as well there's no cold weather on the way.

Oh.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
With a straight red you can postpone serving the ban for up to 14 days.

No you can't!!, I think.

Although the FA site say he is banned this coming Saturday for one match, then from the following Saturday for three matches.

So I apologise, maybe he is eligible after all!

Last edited:

fcum

Nov 18, 2010
No you can't!!

When a player is dismissed your County Association will, upon receipt of the match officials report, select the
appropriate offence and notify you of the recommended punishment. You will also be notified of the offered dates of
suspension on the correspondence (suspensions commence on the 1st Monday 14 days from the date of the
correspondence)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
When a player is dismissed your County Association will, upon receipt of the match officials report, select the
appropriate offence and notify you of the recommended punishment. You will also be notified of the offered dates of
suspension on the correspondence (suspensions commence on the 1st Monday 14 days from the date of the
correspondence)

See above. I must admit I wasn't aware of County League rules. Different from Football League Rules.

fcum

Nov 18, 2010
No you can't!!, I think.

Although the FA site say he is banned this coming Saturday for one match, then from the following Saturday for three matches.

So I apologise, maybe he is eligible after all!

Yeah, I am not sure of actual reasons for this, kind of a weird rule, if anyone has an explanation for this it would be nice to know.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Tooting - I understand your point, but if you HAD been there, I don't think you'd have made it.

Yes the achievement is huge, given the gap between the clubs. However, not being there, you'd put the result down to their sheer hard work and application, which in truth probably covers less than half of it. They were hammered for 90 minutes, and only in the game at all down to their keeper, and our woeful finishing.

If you HAD been there you'd have seen the thuggery, timewasting, blatant cheating, and cynical spoiling tactics, you might temper your applause. At least one of the main thugs is banned for the replay. Hopefully the No.5 will join him. The No.3 was an utter joke, lying down clutching various parts of his anatomy, every time the ball got near their box, in the second half. More fool the idiot ref for swallowing it.

Personally, I clapped their KEEPER. The rest can do one.

You have to be kidding surely!!?? Perhaps we were at a different game...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You have to be kidding surely!!?? Perhaps we were at a different game...

Nope.

I'm well aware that it just reads as sour grapes, but its far from it.

Their supporters were incredible, and all credit to them. Never heard noise like that from that end. not from Leeds, nor anyone.

Their team though were a huge let down. Woking, in the first game really came at us, and I was very impressed with them. this lot didn't even try to play. Great EFFORT of course, but you'd expect that. Nothing else, though. Pretty embarrassing that we didn't put six past them, to be honest.

Tooting - I understand your point, but if you HAD been there, I don't think you'd have made it.

Yes the achievement is huge, given the gap between the clubs. However, not being there, you'd put the result down to their sheer hard work and application, which in truth probably covers less than half of it. They were hammered for 90 minutes, and only in the game at all down to their keeper, and our woeful finishing.

If you HAD been there you'd have seen the thuggery, timewasting, blatant cheating, and cynical spoiling tactics, you might temper your applause. At least one of the main thugs is banned for the replay. Hopefully the No.5 will join him. The No.3 was an utter joke, lying down clutching various parts of his anatomy, every time the ball got near their box, in the second half. More fool the idiot ref for swallowing it.

Personally, I clapped their KEEPER. The rest can do one.

Err I must have been at a different game (its been said before). I saw one team execute a plan really well and nearly cause a fantatstic upset.
And I saw another team play like a bunch of headless chickens and clueless clowns.

and dont forget there are heaven knows how many league places betwen League One and the Evo Stick Premier.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was too busy boooooing to clap anyone off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Err I must have been at a different game (its been said before). I saw one team execute a plan really well and nearly cause a fantatstic upset.
And I saw another team play like a bunch of headless chickens and clueless clowns.

Nonsense. They didn't have a plan, other than to slow the game down, soak up 90 minutes of pressure, and hope they somehow scraped a chance. They didn't actually soak up the pressure though, did they, insofar as they did actually allow us loads of chances. The fact their 'plan' 'worked' was solely due to our woeful finishing, and a great performance from their keeper.

They scored a good goal - I'll give them that. Excellent hold up play by pretend-Rooney.

The other part of your statement is wide of the mark too. The Albion were not headless chickens, were they? If anything, a bit more urgency, earlier in the game might have helped.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What the poster says about County FA and the rules regarding suspension etc is correct but without having read it, as the FA Cup is run under the sanctions and rules of the FA rather than the county FA I would assume that theiur rules of serving the suspension immediately would take priority. Perhaps, as it appears I am wrong in my assumption and their major thug will be permitted to play in the replay. It seems that the other 3 or 4 thugs will also be permitted to play so perhaps it is in our best interests to put out the complete reserve team. This is not sour grapes just an appraisal of the manner in which they played, win the ball at all costs irrespective of the danger their tackles caused.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Their team though were a huge let down. Woking, in the first game really came at us, and I was very impressed with them. this lot didn't even try to play. Great EFFORT of course, but you'd expect that. Nothing else, though.

Blimey, game of opinions.
Personally, I thought Woking came to our place and parked the bus. They strung 5 across the middle, pulled everyone back and just looked to hit us on the break (and it almost worked - once). Woking pretty much started out aiming for a replay.

FC United, in their limited way, seemed to have a bit more of a "go", and we generally had a lot more space against them than we ever did against Woking. Maybe that was generally down to the differences in class and fitness between them and Woking. But to say Woknig "really came at us" - really ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here