Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Jesus Die?

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Gilliver's Travels said:
So, tsunamis that kill 300,000 innocent people, child deaths from cancer, the appendix and men's nipples... can they be counted as evidence too?

In a way yes as we don't understand the nature of the divine. I don't hold with the religious theories of divine retrubution though. Gnostics believed that the world was created by an evil creator hence the suffering in the world.

As for the scientific big bang theory why did it happen ?

Dandyman

In London village.
Citrus in Sheffield said:
That is like comparing all Muslims to the extremist sects.

No, it's like calliing Bin Laden and his followers fascist scum

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
coventrygull said:
I don't know about just Opus Dei having fascist sympathies. The Catholic Church in general have but then it is hardly surprising because if you look at the catholic church in a way it is a fascist organisation. Throughout its history it has tortured and murdered thousands who disagreed .I bet you they are really upset they can't burn Dan brown:D

It's unfair to pick on the Catholic church, any rich and powerful religious organistion is going to be conservative by it's very nature. If you look at the Mullah's in Iran, or the priests of ancient Rome or the Hindu nationalists in India, all have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.

And furthermore Crystal Palace must be destroyed.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Voroshilov said:
It's unfair to pick on the Catholic church, any rich and powerful religious organistion is going to be conservative by it's very nature. If you look at the Mullah's in Iran, or the priests of ancient Rome or the Hindu nationalists in India, all have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.

I was talking about the Catholic Church in relation to opius dei and its connections to fascism. Yes of course all religions are going to be conservative and only out to maintain their wealth and power. Religion has nothing to do with god or spirituality but a lot to do oppression and murder.

Dandyman

In London village.
coventrygull said:
I was talking about the Catholic Church in relation to opius dei and its connections to fascism. Yes of course all religions are going to be conservative and only out to maintain their wealth and power. Religion has nothing to do with god or spirituality but a lot to do oppression and murder.

Cov, you are going to have stop with the posts. I keep agreeing with you and it's very worrying.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
jesuslives4jc.jpg

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
coventrygull said:
Religion has nothing to do with god or spirituality but a lot to do oppression and murder.

That is among the most stupid things I have ever read on here. As far as analysis of organised religion goes it's right up there with the old cause of all evil in the world chestnut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here