Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did all the restricted view tickets sell for Charlton?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Leaving aside the visibilty jokes I looked at those and 'restricted view' is an understatement. Apparently you can't see the far goal or penalty area (and thus by extension the two far corner flags). In other words nearly a third of the pitch! And whether we're attacking or defending it it's an IMPORTANT third of the pitch. To compensate for this they've knocked off the princely sum of £2 off the ticket price whereas they should be reduce by a third.

I guess people who've got those tickets are going just for the atmosphere or are hoping to nab someone else's better seat.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The £2 price reduction wont really matter because they wont be standing in the restricted view area , other poor sods will be :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There was only 250....

I presumed these seats were behind posts holding up a roof or something similar. But 250 seems a lot. How is the view restricted?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I presumed these seats were behind posts holding up a roof or something similar. But 250 seems a lot. How is the view restricted?

Roof over hangs blocking the far end goal and penalty area

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I don't think there sold out, we would have had some sort of announcement, I just assume that you can not buy them online and only over the phone / in person.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

I'd imagine it's the 5 blocks of 5 just behind the post??

Attachments

• Untitled-12.jpg
    Untitled-12.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 1,007

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When you see the picture, it doesn't really look like the roof overhangs. If anything, the roof looks a fair bit higher than the back row.

Exactly what I thought - surely the whole pitch is visible judging from that photo - Simmo and Cecil will be pleased to see that pic...

I bought some mates these 'restricted view' tickets and it didn't say they were restricted on the tickets. It also said row S and one of my mates who got a 'non-restricted view' ticket says his is row T - Can't be right surely?

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
The restricted view seats are those just behind the handrail about halfway, so not too bad, esp. if you'll all be standing anyway.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
It really is a bit crap in that what is essentially a brand new (albeit re-built) ground that there is even 1 seat with a restricted view.

The Jimmy Seed Stand is 28 years old (built in 1982). It's the only part of The Valley that hasn't been redeveloped since we returned. Greenwich Council gave us planning permission a few years ago to redevelop that whole end (replacing it with a three tier stand, filling in the corners and increasing capacity from 27k to 41k). Suffice to say that isn't going to happen any time soon!

Curiously, despite being home to the only pillar in the entire ground, there's long been a campaign to chuck away fans out of the Jimmy Seed and give them part of the East Stand (along the touchline) instead. The reason being, the Jimmy Seed because of it's low roof is the only part of the ground with decent acoustics, and that's where our singing contingent want to be. Whilst I'm sure most away fans can outsing us without the help of a low roof these days, it does pretty much double the volume of singing from the Jimmy Seed.

I've always assumed the restricted view seats are the ones fanning out in a triangle behind the pillar, but those would have a restricted view of a pillar-sized section of the entire length of the pitch, whereas your website just says it's the view of the far penalty area. The latter does indicate it may be the back couple of rows and the roof that's the problem. It probably wouldn't be so much a problem if people were sitting, but that's likely not possible 'cause of people in front standing anyway. I've asked someone at the club to clarify which area is the restricted view seats (out of my own curiosity) but haven't had a reply. Can't someone with a restricted view seat just post what row it's in. If they're all in row Z or something, it would clarify the roof not the pillar is the issue.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
The restricted view seats are those just behind the handrail about halfway, so not too bad, esp. if you'll all be standing anyway.

I don't think they are.

charlton1_orig.jpg

If anything it's the near goal that would be obstructed, and the Albion ticket office say the far (North) goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here