Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did albion send anyone to john vinicombes funeral?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I always though funerals were privare affairs where people went as individuals, memorial services are for corperate condolances. Who really wants a company advertising its presence during private grief?

Am I wrong?

Really shit thread btw.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I always though funerals were privare affairs where people went as individuals, memorial services are for corperate condolances. Who really wants a company advertising its presence during private grief?

Am I wrong?

Really shit thread btw.

Spot on.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
RIP JV

I can remember the Argos and Vinny being banned from the Goldstone.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Am I wrong?

Really shit thread btw.

I completely agree.

This is a desperate attempt by ROTR to gratuitously criticise the club and he has failed miserably in every way. As you say, a funeral is a private affair and it is none of our business if someone from the club attended or not.

In my opinion, the feature on John in the match programme was a huge show of respect by the club. ROTR, on the other hand has shown no respect for the club and, more importantly, none whatsoever to John and his family.

I will add shameful and pathetic to Granny Weatherwax's 'distasteful'.

It is a totally shit thread and perhaps the mods will remove it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
RIP JV

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
RIP JV

Was this by the present chairmans father or Mike Bamber? Just curious.

TBH if the club sent a wreath I would be more than happy with that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I don't know about banned from the Goldstone, but certainly banned from the Cup Final festivities. It was Bamber after the Argus ran a story during Cup Final week that the club was looking to replace Melia as manager (he'd been 'briefed' by a director).

Tony Bloom's father has not been on the board - just his grandfather and uncle.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I don't know about banned from the Goldstone, but certainly banned from the Cup Final festivities. It was Bamber after the Argus ran a story during Cup Final week that the club was looking to replace Melia as manager (he'd been 'briefed' by a director).

Tony Bloom's father has not been on the board - just his grandfather and uncle.

I heard the Argus were banned for part of the 1980-81 season because of its criticism if the club. Can anyone confirm?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

You are thinking about the chairmans grandfather Looney. cant remember who actually barred them.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
can't say 100% thats why i had a cautious approach,was hoping someone would prove what i heard was wrong.

You disgusting individual. Using JV's funeral to publicly slag off the club on NSC. If you didnt know.the answer why not ask on the correct forum rather than dredge it out publicly. Your posts are 99% attention seeking crap and you are probably ranking at just about the most pathetic user of this site right now.

Absolute disgrace and one fishing trip too far.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
You disgusting individual. Using JV's funeral to publicly slag off the club on NSC. If you didnt know.the answer why not ask on the correct forum rather than dredge it out publicly. Your posts are 99% attention seeking crap and you are probably ranking at just about the most pathetic user of this site right now.

Absolute disgrace and one fishing trip too far.

Totally agree.

Fur Cough

Totally agree.

Totally disagree.

Perhaps read the thread through, RotR has only shown utmost repect and admiration for Mr Vinicombe, others wanted to make this an anti Albion thread, RotR wanted to highlight how our club is losing touch with the fans.

if anyone has derived any sense of direspect for Mr Vinicombe then they have their own agenda, and maybe this thread should be allowed to die.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
RotR has only shown utmost repect and admiration for Mr Vinicombe, others wanted to make this an anti Albion thread, RotR wanted to highlight how our club is losing touch with the fans.

Well that is one way of looking at it. The OP would have been wiser to use another way to make his point than using his funeral.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Totally disagree.

Perhaps read the thread through, RotR has only shown utmost repect and admiration for Mr Vinicombe, others wanted to make this an anti Albion thread, RotR wanted to highlight how our club is losing touch with the fans.

if anyone has derived any sense of direspect for Mr Vinicombe then they have their own agenda, and maybe this thread should be allowed to die.

Judging from the strength of feeling in this thread in support of the Albion's very respectful two page piece in the programme and its understated approach to the funeral, it seems the club is far from losing touch with the fans. If anything, it's your view and that of RotR that are out of step. I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong to have a minority view. However, it is bizarre to criticise the club for losing touch with fans in a thread where fans are stoutly defending the club's actions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here