Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick's Night

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
583806103_cnVKF-M.jpg

There is a caption in there somewhere for either Ernest or Mr Vulture.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that he deserved something better than that awful, IMO, portrait of him, granted I have only seen the photos on here, which I consider shows only a resemblance to him.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I think that he deserved something better than that awful, IMO, portrait of him, granted I have only seen the photos on here, which I consider shows only a resemblance to him.

You miserable miserable man. What would you have suggested?
For what its worth having not been there in the photos I have seen, he looked very happy with the Painting.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Ah, so portraits have to be exact likenesses? So says the Arts Correspondent of The Beano. Thank you for that.

Oh dear, it appears you're in a minority of one.

The important point is the style in which the painting was done - a kind of 'pop-art' style - is something Dick appreciates, being the ageing beatnik hippy that he is. The people at the do appreciated it, many on here who weren't there have commented they loved it, but most importantly, Dick LOVED it.

However, the over-riding point in response to your comment is - you didn't contribute towards it, so ultimately no-one gives a shit what you think.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

To be honest I was a bit dubious about this at first but when you actually see it in real life it is very very good

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I did say that it was my opinion, I didnt like the painting but then I am not into 'pop art' as you call it. Perhaps I am wrong but I expect a portrait to be similar to a photograph and be a true likeness of the subject.

I am not a great admirer of DK but recognise what he did for us and believe that the idea of a portrait was brilliant I just thought that the end product was poor. No fault of the organisers or subscribers down to the artist.

I did say that it was my opinion, I didnt like the painting but then I am not into 'pop art' as you call it. Perhaps I am wrong but I expect a portrait to be similar to a photograph and be a true likeness of the subject.

I am not a great admirer of DK but recognise what he did for us and believe that the idea of a portrait was brilliant I just thought that the end product was poor. No fault of the organisers or subscribers down to the artist.

You should consider that your judgments invite an artist's impression of you.
It is written; "do not judge others lest ye be judged"

So, this one if for you, grandad - thankyou for your split seconds of service to The Albion

178620283_e22fd4356a.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Let's all be mean to someone because he doesn't agree with us on art!

You suck, BG!!!!!!!!!!111!!1!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well I think the picture is absolutely bloody marvellous and a great choice of present by Al and everyone else. Its special and unique and most importantly Dick seems to absolutely love it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Well said Gav - totally agree with that. I think the picture looked fantastic.

And of course BensGrandad is entitled to his opinion. Just as everyone else is entitled to their opinion of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here