Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick's Night

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I do love this club - to everyone who arranged it and attended you make me proud to be a Brighton fan

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Was the funding always in place for the meal ?

Of course not, as you well know, only the arrival of Mr. Bloom guaranteed the subsequent need for said meal.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can't be too many clubs and club fans who'd do something like this for a recently stepped down chairman.

No wonder we are the best club in the world!

chatting to a friend who is a director at a premiership club this morning - he has always held Dick in high regard but was absolutely gobsmacked when I told him about this gathering - reckons it must be absolutely unique and was seriously impressed, as indeed am I.

Great pics

well done all

:albion2:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Well done to everyone who attended and I am delighted to have been able to chip in a very small part of the piccie. Well done the organisers and I too am pleased as punch to be associated with a club as good as Brighton and Hove Albion.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
that is STERLING work by everyone invloved well done, there have been some ALMIGHTY goonfests over the years but yesterdays goes down as a great event and very much worthy....well done all :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can only echo the sentiments on here - maHOOOsive pat on the back to the organisers, proud to have had the opportunity of chipping in to this. Well done to all involved.

:clap:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
... and he liked his gift.

p227818998-3.jpg

I knew I had seen that portrait before...

images

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Good news and bad news from Derek Chapman.

Good news
"I went to the concrete pre-casters in Belfast this week and got to stand on the new terracing we're putting behind the goals at Falmer. It was fantastic."

Bad news
"We've got to put seats on it..."

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The only problem is the beard in the picture as it does not seem to end............

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good news and bad news from Derek Chapman.

Good news
"I went to the concrete pre-casters in Belfast this week and got to stand on the new terracing we're putting behind the goals at Falmer. It was fantastic."

Bad news
"We've got to put seats on it..."

Just invite Millwall down for the first warm up game and get the fuckers to rip them off!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I bought the T shirt in Kemp Town, they had dozens for sale there........

Cracking pic that.Did Knight mention Bloom or the clubs future/Falmer that night?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't see Liz Costa or Sarah Watts in the picture. Did they boycott, or are they already in the restaurant?

chatting to a friend who is a director at a premiership club this morning - he has always held Dick in high regard but was absolutely gobsmacked when I told him about this gathering - reckons it must be absolutely unique and was seriously impressed, as indeed am I.
Dick did say that he couldn't imagine Newcastle United supporters doing the same thing when Mike Ashley steps down.

Dick would NOT allow himself to spill the beans on the new name for the Stadium at Falmer, though I think I guessed that it won't be called "the New Goldstone' as some lag suggested :nono:
In his response, he mentioned the disgust he held for the retail park using the 'Goldstone' name - I didn't know that, and it is indeed abhorrent.

Still, this was a night for celebrating the Knight, and we did that alright.

I look forward to the reception he gets when walking onto the Falmer turf for our first match there :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here