Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker - Pathetic performance.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Dicker should be f***ing ashamed of his performance tonight.

Every week he seems to be on the brink of being found out as inadequate at this level, tonight may have been the tipping point. If you were playing us you would surely target him as someone you could catch in possession, couple that with regular misplaced passes and a seeming inability to tackle or track back - you have a disaster waiting to happen game after game. A three man midfield just cannot a carry a player that displays those traits.

This isn't to say that he hasn't been excellent for us in the past, even the very recent past, but I just think that he is starting to look like he is out of his depth.

Last edited:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
WHAT!!!!! he offers our side nothing!! we have got league 1 footballers trying championsgip football

You were obviously not at Pompey away. Personally think on his day his a quality player, however he is inconsistent. But again tonight it was only him and Noone who I would describe as having decent games.

nealroy

Jul 24, 2007
I think he's a good player and was no way pathetic. However, he doesnt seem to have the fitness to play at the necessary intensity for a full half. He fades in the last 15 mins of the first half and after 15 minutes of the second. For me he's a key player and has a hand in a lot of the good things that happen, so to replace him you need someone who has Dickers ability to set the tempo but also has an engine. Probably ain't many of them around. Harley far worse for me today - seems lazy.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Harley just seemed to wander about most of the game. Dicker was having one of his 'slow in the head' days. Bridcutt was OK but had to be careful after the booking. Very disappointed with our midfield.

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
Harley should be downright ashamed with himself. You cannot play midfield in the Championship and then just jog around the pitch for 90 minutes thinking the games owes you something. Luxury player when we're three goals ahead.

Same goes for Barnes - this is a struggle to comprehend because he has clearly scored goals this season and last, but he cannot win anything in the air, he cannot hold up the ball, and when he does have the ball (rarely) he's brushed aside as if he's made of cardboard. We're not getting the ball in the box, so what's the point of playing him? I'd rather see Hoskins, as he may well be able to drop a little deeper, pick up the ball, move with it and offer more in terms of all-round play.

Ankergren? I'd love to know the number of saves to number of goals ratio this year. Just wish he'd actually make a save.

Sep 1, 2010
Dicker, too slow, no vision and wants rid of the ball too quickly. Not good enough. I have been on his case all season as he is not good enough for this league.

Oct 25, 2003
i really don't think dicker and harley should play together........not enough work rate and FAR too pedestrian

bridcutt basically WAS the midfield

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
You were obviously not at Pompey away. Personally think on his day his a quality player, however he is inconsistent. But again tonight it was only him and Noone who I would describe as having decent games.

Yes, on his day in a league 1 match im sure he will be very useful. Painter also, Ankegren is a f***ing watse of space and harley is on a different planet. and before you say bring in navarro or sparrow - there even worse.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can't single out Dicker, Barnes was anonymous tonight but maybe due to lack of service, Harley was very poor too. Just hope it's all a one off

Barnes and cms were left to work with nothing because the midfield went missing and couldnt string a pass together

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
dicker was our best player, people will always say he was shit first over other players

You're probably fishing, but you can f*** right off with that comment, anyone who seriously thinks this clear wasn't at the game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Easy to criticise and understand the frustration but we have got some great results this season with the same players so they cannot be that bad ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Same goes for Barnes - this is a struggle to comprehend because he has clearly scored goals this season and last, but he cannot win anything in the air, he cannot hold up the ball, and when he does have the ball (rarely) he's brushed aside as if he's made of cardboard. We're not getting the ball in the box, so what's the point of playing him? I'd rather see Hoskins, as he may well be able to drop a little deeper, pick up the ball, move with it and offer more in terms of all-round play.

If Hoskins played any deeper than Barnes, he'd be behind the goal line. Thought Barnes put a tremendous shift in tonight, he was dropping back deeper and deeper to fill the holes in the midfield. He's meant to be an attacker though and he does get knocked off the ball rather easily.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Easy to criticise and understand the frustration but we have got some great results this season with the same players so they cannot be that bad ?

Luck. How many of our points this season have we deserved? I mean really deserved?

3 vs Cardiff.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Can't single out Dicker, Barnes was anonymous tonight but maybe due to lack of service, Harley was very poor too. Just hope it's all a one off

Hardly a one off. we were extremely poor against leivester by all accounts, dreadful 1st half against liverpool, dreadful 1st half against leeds and abysmal for 75mins tonight. 1shot on goal in the 2nd half and a striker who was left doing doggies against 3 defenders at home. not good enough but not conviced we have the personell to change it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here