Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker - Pathetic performance.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If Hoskins played any deeper than Barnes, he'd be behind the goal line. Thought Barnes put a tremendous shift in tonight, he was dropping back deeper and deeper to fill the holes in the midfield. He's meant to be an attacker though and he does get knocked off the ball rather easily.

I videod the entire first half, Barnes touched the ball no more than 10 times, and gave it away for most of those. Sure all the apologists will spout some shit about service, but the cold hard truth is he is simply not up to it at this level, converting other peoples penaltys does not make him a good player.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I videod the entire first half, Barnes touched the ball no more than 10 times, and gave it away for most of those. Sure all the apologists will spout some shit about service, but the cold hard truth is he is simply not up to it at this level, converting other peoples penaltys does not make him a good player.

AT last!!! someone who understands the game. Barnes at this level is quite frankly another who is out of his depth!!!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Opportunities for other players now. Navarro has to play next game. And Vincelot. Hoskins could stake a place too. Blimey even Forster-Caskey could demand a chance on the bench. When will Buckley be fit?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agree. Thought Harley had a total shocker - looked like he didn't want to be there.

Painter was poor as well but at least he looked like he wanted to compete (he was just wasn't good enough) but Harley was really terrible
This. Dicker comes 5th or 6th on the list of worst performers. Nowhere near the weak link tonight.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If Hoskins played any deeper than Barnes, he'd be behind the goal line. Thought Barnes put a tremendous shift in tonight, he was dropping back deeper and deeper to fill the holes in the midfield. He's meant to be an attacker though and he does get knocked off the ball rather easily.

Exactly. We were swamped in midfield. The attacking central midfielder who doesn't tackle seems too much of a luxury sometimes. How some people can suggest a midfield of Bridcutt, Lua Lua, Noone and Vicente is laughable. I'd have thought the way forward for the moment is to get grafters like Vincelot and Navarro in there from time to time and let Noone float about on the wings and behind the front 2. Tonight we were simply outmuscled in midfield and deserved to lose.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Dicker, too slow, no vision and wants rid of the ball too quickly. Not good enough. I have been on his case all season as he is not good enough for this league.

Dicker, no vision? Now that is laughable. He actually played some superb balls tonight - one that comes to mind is the through ball to Noone end of the first half. Perfectly weighted. Dicker seems to take the blame for everything - that free kick to LuaLua was obviously a set training ground play but it wasn't his fault. The fact Dicker is forced to be so creative means that he is an obvious scapegoat if a play ever breaks down. In my opinion there were 10 other players much worse than him tonight.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Harley just didn't look interested tonight.

He looks like he is use to being the big fish in little pond, with his team mates buzzing around him thanking him for the touches of quality that he is undoubtedly capable of bringing. Until he realises that he needs to work for possession and for the team when we don't have the ball - he might as well get use to sitting arse squarely on bench.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Dicker, no vision? Now that is laughable. He actually played some superb balls tonight - one that comes to mind is the through ball to Noone end of the first half. Perfectly weighted. Dicker seems to take the blame for everything - that free kick to LuaLua was obviously a set training ground play but it wasn't his fault. The fact Dicker is forced to be so creative means that he is an obvious scapegoat if a play ever breaks down. In my opinion there were 10 other players much worse than him tonight.

That free-kick annoyed me though. Why not let Vicente have a pop - we know he's got the talent even if he might be rusty. They sent him away on Fri too for a training ground effort that didn't quite come off.

nealroy

Jul 24, 2007
Exactly. We were swamped in midfield. The attacking central midfielder who doesn't tackle seems too much of a luxury sometimes. How some people can suggest a midfield of Bridcutt, Lua Lua, Noone and Vicente is laughable. I'd have thought the way forward for the moment is to get grafters like Vincelot and Navarro in there from time to time and let Noone float about on the wings and behind the front 2. Tonight we were simply outmuscled in midfield and deserved to lose.

Agree

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Dicker was poor tonight as was Harley. When Dicker gets the ball, he looks back and takes the forward motion and momentum out of any move. Bridcutt was the busiest of the Midfield and it was only him and Nooney who ever looked like linking with CMS as Barnes was a bit of a non-event. We play the ball out to the side too often when the play suggests that we go forward and look for the strikers.

We are still not playing to CMS's strength which is a quick ball in front of him, on the ground so he can run on to it, take the defenders on with his ball skills and score, as he did all last season for Peterborough. Lobbing balls over the top to him and Barnes, as we were doing, doesn't work because despite his strength and tenacity, CMS is a little too short and Barnes is too weak and is knocked off the ball. Still cannot work out why Gus took Noone off for LuaLua? I know he put in a couple of decent crosses but the Palarse right back was as quick and as strong and had the measure of him early on.

Thought Tano had a good game. Greer kept giving the ball away and over hitting passes, Dunk not to his usual standard and played a few "hospital" balls and Painter was as usual, out paced.

Ankergren was awful and really needs to be replaced at this level. He lacks passion and seems to be getting his angles wrong more and more as the first goal clearly demonstrates.

The worst performance I have seen all season. Even worse than Leicseter and that was shite.

Sep 1, 2010

Watching a different Dicker to me then. 5 times he played an easy short ball in the middle of the Park when there was acres of space for the wide man to pass to. I am not making Dicker a scapegoat, he is just piss poor in some games. Plenty of other poor performances tonight of course.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
calm down people. They had 5 in midfield and pushed us back, pushed us back, so there were massive gaps to our front 2. Harley and Dicker both tried to cover the ground from defence to attack, but got knackered doing so, and by the end were spent.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Dicker was the only player there tonight (except Tanno) who put in a respectable performance. The silly short free kick to LuaLua aside, he won the ball a lot in midfield, battled, sprayed it around, and looked good. Anyone saying he was poor was clearly watching a different game. Considering he is guilty of losing the ball a lot I cannot believe, regardless of the result, people cannot see that he barely misplaced a pass, and got into every challenge going. He often blows hot and cold but he was anything but poor tonight. Harley however went missing for the whole time he was on the pitch, so, so poor. Dicker & Bridcutt were left to do the lions share of the midfield work and it was a thankless task because with Scannell and Zaha running the channels they were pulled all over.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

Agreed. Needed Murray and CMS this season up front.

Also, if we are going to play tippy tappy football across the back, we need a midfield that will show for the ball, and make an accurate one touch pass when the defence run out of passing options. It was far too often predictable:rant::rant::rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here