Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker - Pathetic performance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If I have to point a finger tonight it's at Harley. A waste of space. Bridcutt wasn't himself after the booking. What chance did any player have in the centre of the park when those two went missing? Given the circumstances I think Dicker did alright.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
calm down people. They had 5 in midfield and pushed us back, pushed us back, so there were massive gaps to our front 2. Harley and Dicker both tried to cover the ground from defence to attack, but got knackered doing so, and by the end were spent.

Yep. And I think that was one reason Lua Lua came on - because he has the pace to carry the ball long distances at speed and link the deep-lying midfield to the attack. Didn't quite come off. Buckley, that little bit more skilful, is better at it I think.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
One dimensional, Dicker preferred to pass backwards, Harley was embarrassing, Barnes not good enough.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Harley just seemed to wander about most of the game. Dicker was having one of his 'slow in the head' days. Bridcutt was OK but had to be careful after the booking. Very disappointed with our midfield.

Tbh I was concerned to see dicker and Harley starting, neither has any pace and both seem to lack in stamina. I'm not saying they are bad players but I don't think at this level we can afford to have 2 midfielders with no pace on the pitch together.

jollygriffiths

Oct 24, 2009
2-0 vs Posh too. Apart from that you're right - we've been jammy and I fear we've been found out as Leeds, Leicester and CPFC all had a plan.

The fact of the matter is last year we had nowhere near the amount of quality we had last year and managed to win games by doing the basics correctly (scoring more goals then the opposition, and keeping the ball). Where as this year although we have more quality, and more players who can create a goal out of nothing (harley, C.M.S, vicente), we aren't doing the basics properly .... Fact is whether its leeds, palace or stockport away, if u don't keep the ball then your going to get punished....... although we obviously have some amazing talents in abundance that have the ability to score goals at anytime whether its 0-1 down or 2-1 up (which we didn't have in abundance last year), we're not doing what we done to teams last year, and for me its not to do with better opposition. Its to do with not doing the basics that brought us into the championship... Anyone blaming individuals is an absolute helmet, fact of the matter is keep the ball and mark up well and score more goals then the opposition and you win the game... don't do that and it don't matter if you have CMS or Rooney on your team.. don't do the basics and you will get punished.......

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I hope he doesn't. Their goals were coming all second half.

They were. But the point is we need some tweaks and maybe to be a bit more pragmatic with the team selection sometimes. Some people on here would get rid of half the team - it's ridiculous.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The weird thing about Harley is that he is supposed to be a creative midfielder yet all second half he refused to turn with the ball and just played it backwards.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Good point. In total we were 11 minutes from 6 points out of 6. I'm sure Gus will keep things a bit more in perspective.

Absobloodylutely. Get it in perspective. We're brilliant (we weren't tonight) but just think back a year or two. Get it is in perspective and don't get down on the guys. We're disappointed, I was almost sick during the second half, but that's it. Lets put it behind us in the morning and look forward to Ipswich, Hull and others, that we're going to destroy

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Been saying it for weeks. When a thread was started about team for Palace I left out: Painter - Dicker - Barnes. I think I was right. These 3 are not good enough to start in this league. Barnes gave the ball away everytime he touched it. Dicker was our worst player. Painter was shocking going forward, and was toast most of the 2nd half.
Now we have been turned over maybe Gus will bring in a new line up and give Vicente / Hoskins a chance to start.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
I think Dicker is struggling at this level but i don't think through a lack of commitment and actually have a lot of respect for him as a player. Tonight he was nowhere near our worst player

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Jesus wept. That might just be the stupidest comment of the night, if not of all time. What THE f*** has passion got to do with Ankergren (our GOALKEEPER) and his performances this season.

Words fail me.

The same as it has for all players who play for a team you bell end!

Please explain what his position has got to do with anything?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Dicker, for me anyway, was a liability all night. He was crap at Leicester and is always giving the ball away and tonight was more of the same. Needs dropping

Gus must take some blame too for taking Noone off when he'd been our only real threat for most of the game. Sorry but that spineless performance against those cvnts of all cvnts has really f***ed me off. Our midfield just let Palace waltz through them for 70 minutes and it's a good job they are shit or we could have been on a REAL hiding tonight. They deserved the win and showed real desire all night.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Been saying it for weeks. When a thread was started about team for Palace I left out: Painter - Dicker - Barnes. I think I was right. These 3 are not good enough to start in this league. Barnes gave the ball away everytime he touched it. Dicker was our worst player. Painter was shocking going forward, and was toast most of the 2nd half.
Now we have been turned over maybe Gus will bring in a new line up and give Vicente / Hoskins a chance to start.

Well Halleluja

Absolutely spot on but you missed off the biggest problem ie. GK.

Tonight was cringifying and embarrassing as so few actually turned up after the first quarter.

Barnes is OK to come on as a Sub but definitely not good enough to start.

Dicker, Painter, (add Navarro and Sparrow) just aint going to cut the mustard if we have realistic ambitions for the premiership, and, there are others who are good enough for the Championship but !

No-one has to agree but just look at the numbers who left before the end (which of course I did not)

Last edited:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Don't want to single people out but when I get the ball in midfield (even at my dad level) i
Always run into space and pass when I've drawn someone out of position. I know it's probably more complicated than that but to me Dicker didn't do this and once again left poor Bridcutt doing EVERYTHING. Harley is probably unfit but he needs a kick up the backside and told to get moving.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Dicker was great last season but I fear that simply the step up is one too much. Worrying signs with Harley too as difficult to see what he adds creatively.

Barnes does deserve a place in the squad but we still a big forward with a good touch who can hold or lay it off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here