Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Dick got it wrong appointing Wilkins and to give him a 3 year contract on the back of nothing was madness but I would not want any other chairman in charge of BHAFC.

I 100% agree with that.

I voted with my feet on this one, because despite owning a season ticket every year other than the first at withdean, I won't pay to watch the drivel being served up every week.

In the Championship under Coppell we lost more games than we won, but we played good football and gave it a go. I can handle us losing, but losing in the spineless way we did last year, and are apparently so again this year, I won't watch.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Oh, and for the record, I never agreed with Wilkins appointment. I thought it was a mistake then, and I think it's a mistake now. If we finish above 18th, I will be amazed. And the crowds will dip below 5,000 on more than a few ocassions.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Rumour has it that, if Wilkins goes, Kim Eaton, the lady physio, will take over as manager. If Ms Eaton can't agree terms, the attractive yound lady in the ticket office is ready and willing...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rumour has it that, if Wilkins goes, Kim Eaton, the lady physio, will take over as manager. If Ms Eaton can't agree terms, the attractive yound lady in the ticket office is ready and willing...

Gully could do a job or even a collective Gully's Girls ???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Bring back MA!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
OK, where I stand on Dick Knight is that he has already achieved lifetime legend status by taking ownership from Archer, relocating the club back to Brighton and then winning the battle for Falmer.

If you add to that 3 promotions and 3 seasons of Championship football he's exceeded all expectations. And all this from a bloke now well into his 70s. I fully expect there to be a bronze statue of the guy on the way in to Falmer and a state funeral when he pops his clogs.

However...he's clearly got the pricing policy wrong for Withdean. 1/3rd of former season-ticket holders have chosen not to renew despite us having some decent players and I put this down to the Withdean fatigure factor.

This season he should have priced season tickets based on £15 per head per match, and spare tickets should be aimed at parents with kids in for a fiver.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
At long last the hope that Knight is ready to stand down to give someone with real financial backing a chance,make it soon before we are in Div2.
He did have a good record in appointing managers,but was unable to provide the necessary cash to build a decent and entertaining team,which of course was pointlesshttp://85.234.132.19/images/smilies/angry.gif
:angry:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
OK, where I stand on Dick Knight is that he has already achieved lifetime legend status by taking ownership from Archer, relocating the club back to Brighton and then winning the battle for Falmer.

If you add to that 3 promotions and 3 seasons of Championship football he's exceeded all expectations. And all this from a bloke now well into his 70s. I fully expect there to be a bronze statue of the guy on the way in to Falmer and a state funeral when he pops his clogs.

However...he's clearly got the pricing policy wrong for Withdean. 1/3rd of former season-ticket holders have chosen not to renew despite us having some decent players and I put this down to the Withdean fatigure factor.

This season he should have priced season tickets based on £15 per head per match, and spare tickets should be aimed at parents with kids in for a fiver.

Agree but should 1st drop the prices fro juveniles and Oap's to £10 a match max..the young supporters are our future and we need to encourage them now !!!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

1. He's 67. Well, put it this way, it was widely stated that he was 57 when he took over the club. Just doing the maths, like.
2. We only had a 67% retention rate of season-ticket holders? Where did you hear it was such drop off of 33%?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here