Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight/Tony Bloom

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Absolutely SPOT on :thumbsup:

So the 3 court appearances were just a figment of my imagination. We only got the final green light 2 years ago so how would we be playing at Falmer now unless we had a Delorean ?.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Moving from chairman to life president is equivalent to retiring so maybe Knight feels he is entitled to take a back seat now after all his hard work.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Dick Knight attended every single REMF game, apart from 1 when he had a problem one the day. He even came this year when it was his birthday. TB has been invited to several REMF events and has yet to attend any. Dick Knight does a hell of a lot of good things and supportive things behind the scenes and it is not for any perceived glory.

You've completely proved my point!!

Knight loves the limelight and would go to the opening of a letter if it made him look good. Bloom wants to see the club move on to the next level and that means acting less village and more premier league.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Your wrong about Dick Knight. He was the best chairman this club has ever had. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If Knight had bowed out when he should have we'd be playing in Falmer by now.

So you're saying that TB would have bypassed all the legal stuff and just gone ahead with it anyway?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Nope, just TB would have got it done a hell of a lot quicker!

images

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Knight did loads for this football club but he was in it for the personal glory which meant he held on to the reigns for probably 3 seasons too many.

and you base this on what?

where was Bloom or some other chairman-in-waiting in the 3 years before? dont assume Bloom was ready and willing, or that he had the money (unless you *know* something to the contrary). i also fail to see how Knight held back the planning application, the major reason we arent in Falmer now. please elaborate, or stfu.

being very different personalities and having different buinsess styles, im sure Bloom and Knight arent best friends, but neither are they enemies. there's nothing to suggest they have any animosity to each other than difference of opinion, again unless someone has an actual incident to point to.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
TB and Knight don't get on.

Knight did loads for this football club but he was in it for the personal glory which meant he held on to the reigns for probably 3 seasons too many.

Any evidence for this? You say it like it's fact, so I thought I'd ask...

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The major Directors of the Albion have busy lives.

It is not unknown for them all to have other important engagements on match days.

I have been aware that on occasions, it is neccessary to ask one or the other to give up a prior engagement, so the Albion have at least one major Board member present at away games.

All seems very sensible to me, that DK and TB will alternate long-distance away games.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
By bribing government officials and Prescott with his millions?

If you like.

Money talks and money is power. DK had none so he employed buffoons such as Perry who's interest it was to string the who debacle out for as long as possible. Bloom wouldn't have stood for it, now would he have stood for the nonsense from the council or the antis. As US pointed out Bloom is ruthless.

Bloom wanted to be in charge for years but Knight wouldn't sell. Bloom knew what he was doing though and simply played the waiting game giving Knight enough rope to hang himself, which he did in the end. Credit to Knight though he bowed out with the perception amongst some fans such as US that he was the best thing to ever happen to the football club.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I have been aware that on occasions, it is neccessary to ask one or the other to give up a prior engagement, so the Albion have at least one major Board member present at away games.

Interesting.

Didn't know that.

Then again, apart from Bloom and Knight, I don't think I'd recognise any of our directors if they walked past me in the street. Hell, other than Chapman, I'm not sure I even know their names!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Interesting.

Didn't know that.

Then again, apart from Bloom and Knight, I don't think I'd recognise any of our directors if they walked past me in the street. Hell, other than Chapman, I'm not sure I even know their names!

Putting aside who is 'the best' etc......(and I have my own views on that..LOL..!), the Directors take their role as ambassadors of the club very seriously, and always try to ensure that we are properly represented at Boardroom level at away games.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
If you like.

Money talks and money is power. DK had none so he employed buffoons such as Perry who's interest it was to string the who debacle out for as long as possible. Bloom wouldn't have stood for it, now would he have stood for the nonsense from the council or the antis. As US pointed out Bloom is ruthless.

Bloom wanted to be in charge for years but Knight wouldn't sell. Bloom knew what he was doing though and simply played the waiting game giving Knight enough rope to hang himself, which he did in the end. Credit to Knight though he bowed out with the perception amongst some fans such as US that he was the best thing to ever happen to the football club.

Yeah, like what has ever done for us! Except saving our very existence of course.

Seriously, is this a joke? On what do you base this nonsense on?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
and you base this on what?

where was Bloom or some other chairman-in-waiting in the 3 years before? dont assume Bloom was ready and willing, or that he had the money (unless you *know* something to the contrary). i also fail to see how Knight held back the planning application, the major reason we arent in Falmer now. please elaborate, or stfu.

being very different personalities and having different buinsess styles, im sure Bloom and Knight arent best friends, but neither are they enemies. there's nothing to suggest they have any animosity to each other than difference of opinion, again unless someone has an actual incident to point to.

Any evidence for this? You say it like it's fact, so I thought I'd ask...

Bloom was trying to take over the football club probably 4 or 5 years ago. Thought that was common knowledge?

The club never had the money to pay for Falmer under Knight, it was never going to happen under him. The club were asking every Tom, Dick and Harry who had a few quid to get involved and were keeping it secret saying no everything is fine we're still on track.

Lets be honest, it doesn't take 14 years to build a football ground regardless of stumbling blocks such as planning issues.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yeah, like what has ever done for us! Except saving our very existence of course.

I've already said on this thread Knight did a hell of lot for this club and for that I'm thankful. No one can deny that he held the club back over the last few years of his reign though.

Seriously, is this a joke? On what do you base this nonsense on?

Having my eyes and ears open buddy :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here