Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight The Legend Thread

Nov 3, 2003
"Last season's attendances were disappointing, but I think the lack of a roof, the inability to pay on the day and the price put people off. £22 or £23 is well over what other clubs have to pay."
:clap: :clap:

SPOT ON its poor value - Cardiff was just a day out for 75% of the joiurney men/boys/ladies/girls there family day they wont all be at Falmer for a run of the mill game anyone thinks so is a :dunce:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately if you offer any form of argument against what is considered the popular thoughts then you are classed as either an idiot, non supporter, anti DK & MP, anti Falmer or a supporter of A B & S. I consider myself to be none of those that I have highlighted but I do have opinions which I fervently believe in and believe to be correct eg the level of die hard support that we have. I am always willing to put forward my argument if anybody on here is interested in discussion but not when it comes to a case of just slagging me off.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Richie Morris said:
I cannot believe that there are people on here slagging off Dick Knight. Ok, so we have not spent money on transfers. Ok, so we may go down because of this. In the long run does that matter? No. What matters is that we still have a club and that once we have a stadium Knight's hands will be untied and we can start competing in the manner this club should be.
Would the people on here rather we had a Risdale esque person in charge who spends a fortune on players and then bankrupts the club? No. Of course they bloody wouldnt.
I find it so hard to believe that people on here are so shortsighted that they are slating Knight while he is currently involved in a process that could bring us our very own stadium, somewhere to call home once more. THAT will be the greatest victory this club will EVER win. I think its time some people got their priorities straight.

Best thing you've posted in months Richie
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Bens Grandad, people defend Dick Knight because he is the main reason there is still a football club in Brighton for us to support. Who else wanted to takeover a club set to lose its ground and possibly heading for the Conference. Dick Knight is a supporter of the club and I disagree with most of the criticism on here as it is short term e.g. no money available for transfers/wages. Falmer is the most important issue for now, if/when Falmer is built then there can be more investment in the team. As far as I am concerned Dick Knight may have made mistakes but they were in his view in the clubs best interests at the time. Hindsight is a great idea but nobody can use it to change anything.

Nov 3, 2003
by time falmer is built (if it is!) fans would long left club behind as take e.g. these new seats well where are they not in place for new seaosn as promised by dick tight are they? if falmer and its still very much an if happens then generations of fans wont been able see the club and drifted away to other thingts/clubs. With Crawley rising uo the nonleague scene and other sussex temas doing well the fig of falmer regular crows of 18000 and alike are quite simply :lolol:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
How is that Knight's fault though. If everybody agrees we cannot stay at Withdean then we need a new ground. Falmer is the only option due to the area of Brighton and Hove. There is no way they can speed up the process and if people cannot wait for Falmer then they can go and support Crawley if they want. All true Brighton fans will be at Falmer whenever it is built and will not stop supporting the club in the meantime.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Finchley Seagull said:
Bens Grandad, people defend Dick Knight because he is the main reason there is still a football club in Brighton for us to support. Who else wanted to takeover a club set to lose its ground and possibly heading for the Conference. Dick Knight is a supporter of the club and I disagree with most of the criticism on here as it is short term e.g. no money available for transfers/wages. Falmer is the most important issue for now, if/when Falmer is built then there can be more investment in the team. As far as I am concerned Dick Knight may have made mistakes but they were in his view in the clubs best interests at the time. Hindsight is a great idea but nobody can use it to change anything.
You honestly believe the club would have folded if it wasn't for dick.:lolol:

Yeah clubs fold a lot don't they,but we picked the short straw and short pocket by letting dick take control.:shootself

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord Bracknell said:
Right, BensGrandad, let's get down to the point.

Do you believe that there is a NEED for a new stadium that can be demonstrated in terms of national considerations?

The short answer is YES.

Even with a virtually guaranteed home support of 8,000 it is obvious to anybody that we need to build a larger seating capacity stadium and try to fill it whether it be with home or away supporters.

I have on many occassions expressed my view as to the most appropriate site and have conceeded that after much investigation the club are of the opinion that Falmer is the only answer and I accept their decision and will support it.

However where we differ and I am slated because of it is that I consider that for all DK has done in the past, and there can be no denying his achievements I do not feel that he is the man to take us on the next step. How is that so wrong? Is this not the same statement that members of the government are now saying about Tony Blair (the failed Tory)?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I'll leave you two to argue,but anybody who thinks dick will take us to big horizons needs shooting fast.

SMALL FRY THATS OUR DICK:lolol:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
m20gull said:
Give us an alternative we could have had then.
How about you take a good hard look around and see how many alternatives have turned up for many clubs its endless.

I get it dicks the only person in the world who could have taken over:lolol: :lolol: you will see shite loads of clubs in turmoil of recent times wno now have money to spend.

You must live in a very small knight world thats for sure!!!:p :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here