Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight The Legend Thread

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
berkshire seagull said:
Errrr since when has dick become a manager who got us championships mmmm,so is he goner take over that role next as he loves doing everything else.:p

I can just see dick floating around the school playgrounds looking for players for next season.:lolol: you see what i mean even the managers get overshadowed by dick ha ha.

Dick got us championships spending sod all what a chairman,so re-thrase that to (our managers got the championships its so easy grrrr)yes dick appointed them and yes dicks a lucky man as how many clubs win these amount of championships spending sweet f.a mmmmm interesting.:drink: :flameboun

dick hand picked and payed for the managers. dont think it was just luck. or maybe he just pulled their names out of a bag.
maybe its just a miracle that we have been sucessfull of late.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dick Knight is a world class conman. We should be grateful to Ernest, Berkshire and FG for being the only ones intelligent enough to work it out and bring it to our attention. They have been scorned and ridiculed but are slowly starting to win the more switched on fans over by reasoned argument. Can't believe I was taken in by this Dick Knight Legend bollocks for so long.

Thanks guys :clap: :clap:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Icy Gull said:
Dick Knight is a world class conman. We should be grateful to Ernest, Berkshire and FG for being the only ones intelligent enough to work it out and bring it to our attention. They have been scorned and ridiculed but are slowly starting to win the more switched on fans over by reasoned argument. Can't believe I was taken in by this Dick Knight Legend bollocks for so long.

Thanks guys :clap: :clap:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yoda

English & European
Ernest said:
OK as you go to the games you can have your say but anyone who doesn't go to home games when they live in Brighton or nearby is not fit to call themselves a supporter :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hmmm!

Approx 20000 Brighton supporters in Sussex. Withdean holds 6960. I like your maths.:dunce:

So the other 13000 who cannot see the Albion play because they can't even get in ground due to it's size let alone afford it can't have an opinion? :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yoda said:
Hmmm!

Approx 20000 Brighton supporters in Sussex. Withdean holds 6960. I like your maths.:dunce:

So the other 13000 who cannot see the Albion play because they can't even get in ground due to it's size let alone afford it can't have an opinion? :jester:

I think that the point that is being made is that there are not 20,000 SUPPORTERS of BHA perhaps 20,000 who FOLLOW them and their affairs and attend at a big game i.e Cardiff. It is arguable whether or not their opinion is valid.

Even taking into account the seats at Withdean plus an extra 2,000 we would have trouble in filling those with home supporters and will be reliant on away support when we get to Falmer. We will need the big clubs like Leeds Sunderland West Ham etc for their following.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have always said that even with our recent successes over the past 3 or 4 seasons if , and I know its a big if, we were still at The Goldstone we would not have had many crowds with more then 10,000 HOME supporters.

Yoda

English & European
BensGrandad said:
I have always said that even with our recent successes over the past 3 or 4 seasons if , and I know its a big if, we were still at The Goldstone we would not have had many crowds with more then 10,000 HOME supporters.

We wouldn't have had any because due to safety restrictions the capacity was reduced to a little over 8000. The East terrace was a crumbling wreck.

Lets all wait until the Falmer decision is out before we start slating Dick Knight.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yoda said:
We wouldn't have had any because due to safety restrictions the capacity was reduced to a little over 8000. The East terrace was a crumbling wreck.

Lets all wait until the Falmer decision is out before we start slating Dick Knight.

Nobody is slating DK and you are nitpicking this was a genaralisation to show that we do not have 20.000 supporters of our own. And in any case if the situation had been such it would have cost less to reconstruct the East terracing than we have spent on Withdean. Before you start this is not against DK as he has had to spend the money at Withdean whether he liked it or not. We had nowhere else to play.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
BensGrandad said:
Nobody is slating DK and you are nitpicking this was a genaralisation to show that we do not have 20.000 supporters of our own. And in any case if the situation had been such it would have cost less to reconstruct the East terracing than we have spent on Withdean. Before you start this is not against DK as he has had to spend the money at Withdean whether he liked it or not. We had nowhere else to play.

The question is how will they fill Falmer as I guess they have not budgeted for crowds of 4/5000 in (old) Division 2 and people won't turn up to see a load of jabroni's play Hartlepool or Stockport on a wet Tuesday night in November.
So by Knight refusing to splash the cash and establish us in the Championship will be yet again a false economy. An established Championship side would pull in gates of 15000 plus a mid table play offs at best in Div 2 would be lucky to get 10000.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
BensGrandad said:
I think that the point that is being made is that there are not 20,000 SUPPORTERS of BHA perhaps 20,000 who FOLLOW them and their affairs and attend at a big game i.e Cardiff. It is arguable whether or not their opinion is valid.

Even taking into account the seats at Withdean plus an extra 2,000 we would have trouble in filling those with home supporters and will be reliant on away support when we get to Falmer. We will need the big clubs like Leeds Sunderland West Ham etc for their following.

When are you standing for election to Falmer Parish Council? Only these "arguments" sound so terribly familiar....
;)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some of you people can not see the wood from the trees.

We have a hard core support of approx 7,000 gauranteed supporters who will come rain or shine irrespective of the positon in the league and in which division. I class myself as one of those. If we are being successful we would probably get another 3 possibly 4,000 add to this the away support that a lot of teams in Div 1 sorry The Championship have and you get a crowd of some 13000 which is what we will probably get at Falmer. To move above that figure would mean us challenging for or being in the premiership or the odd home cup tie against one of the top six clubs in the country.

Remember the greatest day in recent times for The Albion - The play offs and we didn't sell our allocation of tickets, and that for a one off game.

During our time in the old 1st Div (now The Premier) we did not get even ONE full house, Not even in the first game at home to Arsenal or against Man Utd or Liverpool.

So, much as I want us to get Falmer be realistic and do not consider that we are ****** than we really are.

If we were we would have needed to apply for a stadium bigger than a 22,500 all seater.

Last edited:

:yawn:
We sold 30,000 tickets for a game 200 miles away at twice the normal ticket prices.

And BensGrandad tries to use the fact that there were a few empty seats at Cardiff as evidence that the support we get at Withdean is about what we could expect if we had Falmer and were playing in last season's division.

You're dead right about one thing, BG. I can't follow your logic.

It's exactly the same logic that Falmer Parish Council are still trying to peddle to Prescott. To quote a letter they wrote to the ODPM only last month ... "B&H Albion do not seem to have a fan base loyal enough to fill a 7,000 seat stadium".

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord Bracknell said:
:yawn:
We sold 30,000 tickets for a game 200 miles away at twice the normal ticket prices.

And BensGrandad tries to use the fact that there were a few empty seats at Cardiff as evidence that the support we get at Withdean is about what we could expect if we had Falmer and were playing in last season's division.

You're dead right about one thing, BG. I can't follow your logic.

It's exactly the same logic that Falmer Parish Council are still trying to peddle to Prescott. To quote a letter they wrote to the ODPM only last month ... "B&H Albion do not seem to have a fan base loyal enough to fill a 7,000 seat stadium".

Without wishing to assist the anti-Falmer brigade I believe that it is one statistic that they may have got right and instead of just 'poo pooing it' the fact should be made that in order to survive and progress as a club we need to be able to facilitate more than just our hard core support. No doubt this would have been emphasised at the planning hearings. We need to be able to accomodate the casual passer by, the visitors to the town who like football in general, away support and local youth. Hence the need for a Stadium capable of housing 22,500 but lets not delude ourselves any longer that we are bigger than we are.

We are no bigger now than we were when Barry LLOYD took us to the play offs, or Chris CATLIN just missed out or Alan MULLERY took us to the 1st Division or Billy LANE took us into the 2nd Division for the first time.

Nov 3, 2003
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Icy Gull

Thanks guys
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:clap: :clap: :clap2: :clap2: :clap: :clap:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The extra capacity is also needed for events other than football, which will be needed to keep Falmer financially viable.

Last season's attendances were disappointing, but I think the lack of a roof, the inability to pay on the day and the price put people off. £22 or £23 is well over what other clubs have to pay. A bigger capacity at Withdean and the loss of Ecovert would hopefully keep the price down and get the crowd up. The big bar for me will always be the pay on the day.

I am old enough to remember us in pulling over 30000 in the Third Division (though not every game). Crowds fell when we reached the First Division and I seem to recall it was a combination of hooliganism and price. I still remember being shocked by First Divsion ticket prices when we went up.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here