Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight on the fans phone in after Mansfield game

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Please just for once can all the lickers not call up and waste air time with their usual we love u dick.We love u mr chairman comments.And let others on to ask him some questions that need answers.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I love Dick Knight.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It would be better with a list of questions already forwarded. Otherwise half the time will be used up with people just asking after his health and saying good evening and thank you.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
It would be better with a list of questions already forwarded. Otherwise half the time will be used up with people just asking after his health and saying good evening and thank you.

Good idea ..can we give Harty a list of questions via NSC for say half the allotted time the balance being calls to the show

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Please just for once can all the lickers not call up and waste air time with their usual we love u dick.We love u mr chairman comments.And let others on to ask him some questions that need answers.

So...you've got plenty of advance warning, you can prepare your questions for Dick well ahead of the phone-in. You've got the number too.

I'm taking it as read that you WILL be phoning in with your opinions and questions.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So...you've got plenty of advance warning, you can prepare your questions for Dick well ahead of the phone-in. You've got the number too.

I'm taking it as read that you WILL be phoning in with your opinions and questions.

I hope vulture is first in the queue.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not "Toughman" after the last event ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Much as I agree with your 2nd comment a list of questions wouldnt work because he would refuse to answer some and would not go on the show if he thought the going would get tough. That is like Bellotti's days when he wouldn't go on the radio unless he had vetted the questions before hand and we do not want to return to that type of interview.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Much as I agree with your 2nd comment a list of questions wouldnt work because he would refuse to answer some and would not go on the show if he thought the going would get tough. That is like Bellotti's days when he wouldn't go on the radio unless he had vetted the questions before hand and we do not want to return to that type of interview.

You sir, are an idiot. How can you possible compare Knight with Bellotti?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I dont actually agree with that.....he would not be shown a list of questions in the same way as when he wa son the Phone in at Scunthorpe, there was NO censorship!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry I understood it to mean giving DEK a copy of the questions in the manner that Belloti insisted, rather than Harty have them and just ask in which case it wouldnt matter if nobody phoned in provided they sent in a question.

Perhaps people could contact SCR with their questions and they in turn pick out the best and contact the caller this would avoid repitition and all the lickers saying thank you for saving us Mr Chairman.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It would make sense for DK to have a list of questions before hand, so that he can prepare detailed and informative answers rather than have to make it up on the spot.

I'm sure Harty can ensure that he doesn't duck any issues, but I wouldn't expect him too anyway.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton

What absolute rubbish. To compare Dick Knight to David Bellotti is just rude and unneccesary. When has Dick (or anyone at the club) ever refused to answer questions. You have the option to do this 24 hours a day via Ask The Club on this very forum; plus there are fans' forums and direct email addresses for most people at the football club. If you have a question, any question, please feel free to ring the fans phone in or PM it to me and I will personally ensure Ian Hart asks the question to Dick Knight.

Last edited:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Fair play to Dick Knight for actually engaging in conversation with us fans. There is many a Chairman out there that would not consider actually trying to hold a question & answer session with the fans of a club.

Things may not be perfect at the club, but they could be alot worse!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Dick will say the usual stuff like...

Our debts are nearing 12 million and we have no money for players,but hey we never have any money for players:laugh:but would love to thank the fans for there great support and i'll will get the begging bowl out again soon just before my tropical holiday:laugh:

good old dick:glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here