Jul 26, 2004
I sincerely hope not.

He should be leading us out at Falmer.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Dick should be leading us out at Falmer no matter what his position at the club or his role at that time.

I hope people remember how much we owe this man for a very ling time.

The Knight Stand?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't believe he'd actually LEAVE the club now, not with Falmer being so close.
Perhaps he'll step down as chairman and take up a non-executive role on the board or something, but I'll be stunned if he actually leaves.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
After all the stuff posted here about not watching the club if Wise was made manager, I would take a similar view if DK was ousted from the club.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
This news doesn't surprise me at all. I mean, he didn't even come on the pitch with his mic at H/T on Sat (unless I missed it). Who'd have thought?!! :eek:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I would be pretty upset if Knight was not our chairman for the first game at Falmer.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I really hope not. Knight at least deserves to walk out as chairman to falmer. I will be very unhappy if this is true. Unless of course he WANTS to go, then he will go will my thanks.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I heard this today as well.

Seems to be a pretty SOLID rumour.

Effectively he is no longer chairman on a day-to-day basis.

Who will fill the void?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Heard Gary Stevens (probably aided by Barry Lloyd and Ken Brown) will represent Bloom in terms of day to day admin/management should he assume control - and DK decide to take a back seat.

DK and Martin Perry should both get life president roles, great servants to the club.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I never understand why people get arsey with this sort of post. You don't believe it? Fine; but don't slate the bloke because he might just be right.

True although we've seen SO many entirely ill-founded gripes on here about DK on just about everything over the years that it's not surprising that stuff that may turn out to have substance to it gets dismissed too. It's the only real downside to those crying-wolf twats who never post anything remotely positive about the club on here - Buzzer of course is entirely nothing like that.

Of course, the net effect of a thread like this is likely to be a whole load of people showing their fondness for DK's remaining as chairman and sending out a message to those who really might have some power to undermine him. So it's all good.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Gary Stevens was in the hospitality area again on Sat and seems to be a permanent fixture, so that seems plausible. I think Tony Bloom should join the board as he seems to be pumping a lot of money in and should have an official say. I am sure if this rumour is true, Dick would stay on as 'Life President' or something like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here