Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight - Hero or villain?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Firstly, I want to say that I have always supported Dick Knight and what he has done for the Albion. Whenever there has been anti-Knight talk on here, I have always stuck up for him and been 100% behind everything he has done for the club.

BUT last night my opinion changed fairly dramatically and I am now finding myself losing faith in him and how he runs the club. We could well find ourselves losing our top players at the end of the season for nothing if we are not careful.

I was speaking to someone within the club who told me about one of our players who is currently negotiating extending his contract. Basically, everything was agreed 100% between the club and the player's agent.

The player then went in to sign the contract to find that Knight had changed it from what had been agreed with the player's agent leading to the player refusing to sign the contract. There is interest in the player from other clubs and there is a strong likelihood that he will now leave the club - even though he went in to sign the agreed contract earlier on.

From what I was told, this is not the first time that this has happened and I find it extremely worrying if true. I have absolutely no reason to doubt the truth of this (I have never posted a rumour on this board) as it did not come through a mate of a mate but from someone at the club.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Well thats gonnabe one of the following:

Cullip
Knight
Harding

See Insiders replies in Ask The Forum about these three, all apparently in contract negotiations now, could also be:

Hammond
Virgo
<insert others I may of missed>

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Bald Gull said:
Basically, everything was agreed 100% between the club and the player's agent.

Who at 'the club' had agreed 100% to terms that Dick Knight was unhappy with ?? Doesn't sound like this 'story' holds water to me - and IF it is true, the problem is not with Dick Knight, but whatever other club official agreed the unacceptable conditions.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: Re: Dick Knight - Hero or villain?

Titanic said:
Who at 'the club' had agreed 100% to terms that Dick Knight was unhappy with ?? Doesn't sound like this 'story' holds water to me - and IF it is true, the problem is not with Dick Knight, but whatever other club official agreed the unacceptable conditions.

Sorry - for 'club' read 'Dick Knight'. He had agreed it with the agent

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I've been told on very good authority (Via a friend of one of the directors) that Dick Knight doesn't get on with McGhee either. Apparently he told McGhee his idea to put Virgo up front was rubbish.

Hmmm. Kinda rammed those words back down his throat, eh?

D

Deleted User X18H

I've been told by a by someone very close to the club that Martin Perry doesn't like David Panter or Eddie Large and didn't buy either of them a christmas present.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Bald Gull said:
Firstly, I want to say that I have always supported Dick Knight and what he has done for the Albion. Whenever

....... snip .......

worrying if true. I have absolutely no reason to doubt the truth of this (I have never posted a rumour on this board) as it did not come through a mate of a mate but from someone at the club.

***** yyyaaaawwwwnnnn *****

Hear say and no names quoted ! ???

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: Re: Dick Knight - Hero or villain?

Westdene Seagull said:
***** yyyaaaawwwwnnnn *****

Hear say and no names quoted ! ???

no names quoted but NOT hear say

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Dick Knight - Hero or villain?

Bald Gull said:
no names quoted but NOT hear say

do you believe everything you read?

think about it

now ask yourself: Will the NSC people believe what they read in my thread?

now you see that without hard evidence its not easy to immediatley believe what you are writing. You could well be true but then again you could've quite easily of made it up to wind up people, its not hard and I've been doing it and viewing it on the internet for 10 years now!

Without names or hard evidence we can only take this with the same pinch of salt we use for all threads in this nature, see?

not having a go, just making a common sense point!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This scaremongering shit doesn't help anybody.

Leon Knight seems to be the player in question in this 'tale'. Even if he does leave for nowt it will not be because of this. The fact taht he is here anyway and got us up into this division is a testament to everybody involved with the club.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: Re: Re: Re: Dick Knight - Hero or villain?

CrabtreeBHA said:
do you believe everything you read?

think about it

now ask yourself: Will the NSC people believe what they read in my thread?

now you see that without hard evidence its not easy to immediatley believe what you are writing. You could well be true but then again you could've quite easily of made it up to wind up people, its not hard and I've been doing it and viewing it on the internet for 10 years now!

Without names or hard evidence we can only take this with the same pinch of salt we use for all threads in this nature, see?

not having a go, just making a common sense point!

Fair point Crabbers. I get seriously annoyed with some of the sh*t that gets posted on here which is why I have never written anything of this sort before. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing last night and it made me lose a lot of faith in the club. I guess I knew people would take this with a pinch of salt coz you have to with half the stuff that is written on here - but anyone who knows me will know that this is 100% true.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dick Knight - Hero or villain?

Bald Gull said:
but anyone who knows me will know that this is 100% true.

indeed, if you were a close mate then yeah I'd believe you and stick up for you in this thread as anyone would for any type of thread, just a fact of life really :)

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
This scaremongering shit doesn't help anybody.

Leon Knight seems to be the player in question in this 'tale'. Even if he does leave for nowt it will not be because of this. The fact taht he is here anyway and got us up into this division is a testament to everybody involved with the club.

And at Reading!???

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dick Knight - Hero or villain?

Bald Gull said:
Fair point Crabbers. I get seriously annoyed with some of the sh*t that gets posted on here which is why I have never written anything of this sort before. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing last night and it made me lose a lot of faith in the club. I guess I knew people would take this with a pinch of salt coz you have to with half the stuff that is written on here - but anyone who knows me will know that this is 100% true.

The facts of the matter are is that the senior pro's are naffed off because people like Molango and Jarrett got three years deals, and people like Chippy, Oatway and Knight (if you can call Knight a senior pro!) have not yet had contracts finalised.

Personally, I see this for what it is. People holding out for too much money from a club that can't afford to pay what is being asked, and the club trying to get a younger squad together, which, if I am not mistaken, is what we have all been crying out for.

You are always going to get some players stirring it because they want a new contract and so far the club have not been forthcoming. That's football, it happens. If it is Leon Knight we are talking about here, with the attitude he's got, it's hardly surprising is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here