Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight - Hero or villain?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Bluejuice said:
100% behind DK

He would have to take a shit on an Albion shirt before I started questioning him.

At the end of the day there is no reason for him to do anything that isn't in the best interests of the club.

He is a Brighton fan just like the rest of us and until he actually does something wrong we should all be behind him. Don't forget that he doesn't *have* to be here and if he walked out on us we'd be right up shit creek.

So lets show a bit of faith

Good point. Question for Ernest and all those other DK doubters:

If DK was to say "Right, up yours, I've had it with this, I'm off, you can take your club and stick it", you would of course celebrate. But who in your mind would then take over the running of the club, manage an extremely tight playing budget, and be able to deliver a 22,500 set stadium, all potentially within the next three years?

And don't just give it the "there are plenty of investors in Sussex" because we all know that's complete bullshit. If you are certain that's the case, who are they, and why haven't they come forward yet if they are so certain that DK and MP are doing such a shit job?

If you really believe these people exist, isn't it about time they came forward, and put up or shut up? There is an unhealthy growth of anti-feeling to what the club are trying to achieve, and I'm not saying the current board are beyond criticism, far from it, but this is just shit-stirring to make yourself look important with absolutely no basis for it whatsoever.

Aaaannndd relax.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
seagull73, you are entitled to your opinion and as I said at the beginning of this thread, I have always been 100% behind Dick Knight and the board.

Whether or not I am just shit-stirring to make myself look important is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Personally, I'd hope I would have better things to do with my time than make up cr*p on a message board to make myself feel better, but hey...

BUT just say that this thread isn't complete bullsh*t, how would you feel if you KNEW what I wrote was 100% true?

larus

Seagull73 said:
Good point. Question for Ernest and all those other DK doubters:

If DK was to say "Right, up yours, I've had it with this, I'm off, you can take your club and stick it", you would of course celebrate. But who in your mind would then take over the running of the club, manage an extremely tight playing budget, and be able to deliver a 22,500 set stadium, all potentially within the next three years?

And don't just give it the "there are plenty of investors in Sussex" because we all know that's complete bullshit. If you are certain that's the case, who are they, and why haven't they come forward yet if they are so certain that DK and MP are doing such a shit job?

If you really believe these people exist, isn't it about time they came forward, and put up or shut up? There is an unhealthy growth of anti-feeling to what the club are trying to achieve, and I'm not saying the current board are beyond criticism, far from it, but this is just shit-stirring to make yourself look important with absolutely no basis for it whatsoever.

Aaaannndd relax.

Spot on.

It is so very easy to pick holes in whatever anyone else does.

Fact : No-one/organisation can do everything perfectly.
Fact : You can't please everyone, all of the time.
Fact : Some t*ssers you can't please any of the time. :lolol: :lolol:

We've all seen/worked with people like Ernest/F.G etc. Cynical, whingeing, back-stabbing, spineless, lazy, useless prats, who only ever want to moan.

Nothing's ever right, and if you change it for them, it's never as good as it used to be.

OK, DK may not be a Russian billionaire, but at least he appears to be doing his damndest to get us a decent stadium and save the club. We may not have the playing squad/budget we would like, but compared to where we could be, I don't give a flying f***.

DK, thanks mate.:clap2:

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
There's a fine line between healthy criticism of DK and the board and ritual DK bashing. Dick has done amazing things for the club and deserves maximum respect but that's not to say we should blindly accept everything that he does without question. Having said that I have to agree that most of the criticism I've heard or read is unfounded and unsubstantiated. I certainly agree that there isn't anyone out there with the money, nouse and passion for the club who could be seen as a credible alternative.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Bald Gull said:
seagull73, you are entitled to your opinion and as I said at the beginning of this thread, I have always been 100% behind Dick Knight and the board.

Whether or not I am just shit-stirring to make myself look important is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Personally, I'd hope I would have better things to do with my time than make up cr*p on a message board to make myself feel better, but hey...

BUT just say that this thread isn't complete bullsh*t, how would you feel if you KNEW what I wrote was 100% true?

If you read it closely BG, there's no reference in there to the contract negotiations at all. I do happen to know some players aren't overly happy with their contract situations, but this is their livelehood we're talking about, so they're not going to be happy if it's not finalised, that's par for the course.

My point BG is that there are a few people on here are willing to turn on DK when the slightest issue becomes public knowledge, and it's totally unnecessary. There's a lot more to DK's role at the moment than simply contract negotiations, and we shouldn't look to judge just because one or two players are pissed off their contracts aren't finalised.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Seagull73 said:
If you read it closely BG, there's no reference in there to the contract negotiations at all. I do happen to know some players aren't overly happy with their contract situations, but this is their livelehood we're talking about, so they're not going to be happy if it's not finalised, that's par for the course.

My point BG is that there are a few people on here are willing to turn on DK when the slightest issue becomes public knowledge, and it's totally unnecessary. There's a lot more to DK's role at the moment than simply contract negotiations, and we shouldn't look to judge just because one or two players are pissed off their contracts aren't finalised.

I agree totally but I think this is a slightly different case. If it was just a player not getting what he wanted and DK saying the club can't afford any more, then that is fine.

It is more to do with the fact that the contract was agreed with the agent, the player then went in to sign it and it had been changed. I think that this is a sh*t way to run any business and it could prove to be a very sh*t way to run a club if the player now leaves. This is nothing to do with us only being able to afford a certain amount of money - it had been agreed!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I am asuming you've heard this story from the player's side? That being the case, we should normally reserve judgement until both sides of the story are heard, and you and I both know that's not going to happen, so people will have to make their own judgements.

And are you saying the Chairman is suddenly not allowed to change his mind either. Welcome to world of Corporate business, it's not shit was to run a business, it goes on all the time. This is greedy football players we are talking about remember?

Dr Schnell

Aug 20, 2003
For all those who think that Bald Gull is a bit of a twat, I'm not going to disagree but he ain't no liar. Have had the misfortune of knowing BG for over 15 years and have never known him bullshit about anything. If you don't believe me then just trawl through his posts - bullshit free I'm sure you'll agree. So if BG says that he has heard it from a reliable source that DK has been screwing players on their contracts after they have been agreed then it is gospel as far as I'm concerned. End of story

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Seagull73 said:
I am asuming you've heard this story from the player's side? That being the case, we should normally reserve judgement until both sides of the story are heard, and you and I both know that's not going to happen, so people will have to make their own judgements.

Are you seriously suggesting NSCers make balanced judgements?

That's a bit radical, isn't it? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here