Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diamond has gone !!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Good f*****g riddance ... I've been in and around Banking all my life and it's mavericks like him that have ruined the industry ... just my opinion, not arguing it

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
He's got one of those faces you just want to punch

article-2166700-13D9CEB9000005DC-675_306x423.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
he is the first of many

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Good. He's a self-righteous prick. Maybe now the banking industry can start to return to a semblance of normality. It's a shame he won't be held accountable for the attempted LIBOR fixing in the eyes of the law. It'll be his monkeys who'll swing.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
presumably being replaced by his deputy who was almost certainly no less culpable?

never mind a group of false accounting politicians with no banking expertise and no concept of criminal investigation will look into it before putting it firmly on the back shelf

surely this is what investigative journalism (sans hacking!) was made for....................!!!

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Good f*****g riddance ... I've been in and around Banking all my life and it's mavericks like him that have ruined the industry ... just my opinion, not arguing it
In my opinion and as a Barclays customer, your opinion is quite correct :)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I wonder whether he will get the usual generous pay-off that seems to be a key feature of failure as much as success in the banking industry?

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Cheerio you underhanded shit! Shameful he didn't resign on the spot, but slime like that never does...always hanging on with no sense of guilt.

Would have loved to have seen him jailed for this.

Agree with the above comments about his deputy stepping up, his monkeys taking the heaviest flack and Zebedde's comment.

People like Diamond make me sick.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He's cited his resignation is down to MPs 'hounding him out'.

So nothing to do with a massive fraud racket taking place on his watch then.

Agreed. Talk about a brass neck. What a diamond.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Fully deserved for his years of service and the enterprise he has shown leading one of our leading banks.

I assume you are being sarcastic? He and many others like him presided over the excesses of the 90's and 00's which saw banks indiscriminately lending in the pursuit of short term and personal gain and then having governments (not Barclays admittedly but only by chance) bail them out when many of us could see exactly what was going on.

In addition the culture within Barclays (particularly) is all about jingoism and now they (and seemingly others) have tried to fiddle LIBOR rates which have for decades been pretty well "fixed" to Base rates in yet another effort to boost profits and their ridiculously high bonuses - which don't show as cash and the stock options they receive have the potential to be worth many times more than reported by the time they "need" to sell.

Like Fred the Shred ... he couldn't give a toss and he'll walk off with his gazillions and sit on the Board of several big businesses (back home) and it's the unfortunate like us that have to live with the legacy of it all

Big f***ing Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here