Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Des Lynam irritated by 'Stand up if you hate Palace'

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Des: 'Nothing irritates me more at home Albion matches than having to listen to that banal chant of "Stand up if you hate Palace"

We have wonderful supporters - the best in the country in my opinion bearing in mind what we have all been through in recent years.

We should show how sporting we are'

Let's kick that dreadful chant into touch

Argus

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It'll be down to him being too old & creaky to stand up & join in. I should know, I'm well on the way meself tbh. :down:

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
IMO the only time it really gets sung is when the stewards tell everyone to sit down

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Stand up if you hate Palace and Albion Albion drone are the two chants (hardly call them songs) I will not join in with. I can't be arsed to stand up on cue and I want to slit my wrists with Albion Albion... so a thumbs up to Desla...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Do they mean me?

dotheymeanus.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Des: 'Nothing irritates me more at home Albion matches than having to listen to that banal chant of "Stand up if you hate Palace"

We have wonderful supporters - the best in the country in my opinion bearing in mind what we have all been through in recent years.

We should show how sporting we are'

Let's kick that dreadful chant into touch

Argus

Des is 100% right. I have never joined in with the chant and never will. It is childish, pathetic and embarrassing.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It is shit. But does not surprise me that, that old fart hates it. Does anyone know why is he is in the directors box every game? Friend of Dick Knight I presume

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Nothing like a miserable old git telling other people what is best for them.

Des must be a great laugh at the Christmas Panto... "Don't boo the villain, it's banal..."

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
IMO the only time it really gets sung is when the stewards tell everyone to sit down

Innit. Boring chant.

I've not heard the NSK try to get any of the old traditional songs going (Brighton Aces, Away in a Manger) properly. These would get the boys in the West Stand going and create a proper atmosphere IMO.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It's only funny at away games when stewards have just managed to get all the fans to sit down, only for someone to pipe up "stand up if you hate palace" and the whole section rises to their feet again.

Tis pretty rubbish at the Amex though

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It is POINTLESS at every single game except Palace. The other side's fans don't give a shit, so we're basically just chanting it to ourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here