Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dennis Wise

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I Agree with most of you BUT is he the sort of manager that might take us to further heights dont get me wrong I love slade and he has done a superb job but im just not sure he will take us to the next level I hope he stays and proves me wrong thou

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I Agree with most of you BUT is he the sort of manager that might take us to further heights dont get me wrong I love slade and he has done a superb job but im just not sure he will take us to the next level I hope he stays and proves me wrong thou

What evidence is there to suggest that wise will be able to take us further than slade?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
If Dennis Wise is appointed then I will really have to think hard about applying for a season ticket next year (which would have been first one ever).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't think Dick Knight would be stupid enough. He would be going against the wishes of 90% of the fans and getting football's most unpopular man to boot. Dick Knight is a PR guru - he simply wouldn't do it. Would he.....?

Fundamentally, I agree.

My concern is - where does this rumour keep re-floating from? Is Dennis Wise's agent angling to get his client a job at a club - ANY club, no matter how settled they are with their manager? Or is someone at the club feeding the story in order to shit-stir - and if so, why?

Or is it the re-cycling of an old rumour, based on bullshit and bar-room hearsay exploiting Sky Sports' appalling journalistic values?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Everyone is assuming that Slade wants the job... has he actually confirmed that he would like to stay on?

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Dear Club,

If the rumours of the poison dwarf are true, then would you have the decency to make an announcement before you start to send out season ticket renewals. I for one will keep my money in my pocket.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Surely there has to be some truth in it, otherwise it wouldn't keep coming up.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
What evidence is there to suggest that wise will be able to take us further than slade?

I Just think its about ambition and employing a relatively young manager who does have experience might be a good option, but I dont want him as manager Im just talking theoretically a younger more ambitious manager might be what we need to take the next step but slade may do that i just havent seen enough of him to know wether he has ambition time will tell.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Well, maybe not on NSC, they won't...

Given that you like to brag about the batphone you have directly to the club offices why not give them a call on your ham radio show tomorrow and ask them then?

Ahhh sorry I forgot asking the club questions they may have difficulty answering is a big no no isn't it!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I think TLO's post in 'ask the club' is fair enough. If only to let someone at the club know how the everyday supporter will feel if Wise does come here.

And it's hardly shit-stirring is it Golden Graham?! I think you'll find that the media (Sky Sports news) are the ones shit-stirring before an important game, not any of us!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's gone from Swindon to Leeds to Newcastle.
I HONESTLY cannot see him stepping back down to take over a club at the arse end of the 3rd division now. Stop worrying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here