Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dennis Wise (Reprise)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would sooner we have Poyet without Wise but if they go together then so be it but I think that it is unlikely that RS will still be manager on my birthday which is 5th October.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If Bloom does replace Slade with Wise after only a few games, my impressions of him (which have all been good up to now) would be ruined a bit. Anyone who seriously suggests Slade should go now has an incredibly short memory. He did a fantastic job last season and deserves time to work with the team he has built. If we sack Slade, I will be gutted and I certainly don't want Dennis Wise as Brighton manager.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If Bloom replaces Slade with Wise then, while I'll always appreciate his Falmer contribution, his credibility with regard knowing anything about football or what the fans want will be shot to pieces.

Absolutely agree but sadly these stories keep coming up. I really hope there is no basis for these rumours but fear that Bloom may be lining up Wise. At least Slade is still getting a good reception from both the home and away fans.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Too tired and a bit too tipsy to read through all this thread. One question. Did Slade get his contract under Knight or Bloom?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Too tired and a bit too tipsy to read through all this thread. One question. Did Slade get his contract under Knight or Bloom?

It was under Knight but 'ratified' by Ray Bloom on Tony's behalf before he took over a week or so later.

Slade was apparently Knight's second choice behind Gannon but not on Bloom's list which it is alleged included Pardew, Gary Stevens and Paul Ince

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If Bloom was about to sack Slade (which may well be bollocks anyway), then I'd certainly hope he HAD been looking at other options beforehand.

What else would you want. Dean White in charge till we found someone ?

I agree with this, if your going to sack a manager after 4 games then have a replacement for crying out loud!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If bloom is seriously even considering getting rid of Russell at this point then the man obviously has serious problems. It's great what he's done with his money but I do not want us to turn in to a club that gets rid of a manager every 6 months. Do people not remember it took time last season when slade arrived?? We are FOUR games in to the season, things haven't gone our way so far but for fucks sake give the bloke some time, thats the LEAST he deserves after keeping us up last year when most of the fans had given up.

The biggest worry there is the simple FACT that if Wise did take over, he wouldn't be around for any more than 6 months to a year, becasue he always fucks off, or gets pushed out. So by next season we'll be looking for a new manager again.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This would be a joke and a great way to waste money.

Why just not ditch slade in the summer and get that **** in then? now you will have to pay Slade off.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I went to the refreshment point in the North Stand at half time and saw Gary Stevens coming out of hospitality loungs.
Surely not - completely untried at this level

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I would absolutely HATE to see the poisonous little dwarf come in as manager.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Why would Wise neccesarily come as manager?

More likely to come as Director of Football and that way Slade gets a few months to prove himself before Wise brings in Poyet as manager.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
IF Wise comes, we would need the two of them. They only work will together.

I am not keen for Russell Slade to go, but IF Tony Bloom decides he needs a top quality young manger to take the Club all the way, those two would be a great option.

Top quality? Where did you get that idea?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I too have heard that Slades days are numbered, and that that was the case before the 7-1.
Its 3rd-hand info mind, from a family member who knows one of the players, so take from that what you will.

How have we come to this ALREADY ?

Because the rumour flying about was, that Bloom wanted Wise and Poyet and DK wanted someone else aka Slade, boardroom was split down the middle untill DK won and got his wish for Slade.

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
why give slade a 2 year deal if your not prepared to back him....the season is young we have had 2 stinking results but on the face of it we are playing some nice football all be it in small doses. im backing sladetaking a to get it right starting with millwall on friday...if wise or poyet darken our door my season ticket is also taking a one way ticket up blooms arse..

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He is always at games.

Quite, and he is a perfect gent, and signs autographs for anyone who asks. There was a queue of kids, young and old, asking him to sign page 30 of this weeks program in the hostility hut after the game.

He has probably been asked thousands of times if he is going to become our manager, he simply says no, not at all, he is just here for the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here