Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dennis Wise (Reprise)

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
but why let slade sign all these players then?

It would be quite easy for Bloom to be consulting Wise on the sly? It might sound a little far fetched but why not?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Board would look a bit silly if they hadn't given RS a chance to bring in his own choice of players. A new manager comes in and re-assesses the players , that always happens.

I agree.
But the fact is, the nature of the transfer windows now means you HAVE to allow players to be signed before the deadline and hope they're half decent, even if the manager is on borrowed time. The alternative is to close the chequebook on a "dead man walking", end up with a depleted squad, and then sack him a couple of months later when (unsurprisingly), things are really going tits up.

I have no real inside track on anything here. But I gather Slade was not Blooms choice for this season. So if by November we are at the arse end of this league, it would not surprise me one bit to see a change then, so a new guy can come in, look at what he's got, and decide what he needs in time for January.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone remember how long Gritt got in the season after Hereford? This has a very similar feel about it to me. Last season's hero cannot carry the heroics on and the board lose patience very quickly. I'm sure he had at least 10-12 games though?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
and he doesn't seem to be a man who knows the Sword of Damocles is dangling just above his head. As Lord Bracknell says, it seems so prevalent that you start to think there must be something to it, but Slade doesn't convey it if there is.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If thats true, Mr Bloom should be ashamed of himself for looking at other options while we still have a manager. :tosser:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If thats true, Mr Bloom should be ashamed of himself for looking at other options while we still have a manager. :tosser:

Exactly the same scenario , when Dean Wilkins was manager.:wink:

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes

surely he must be seen to give slade every chance of succeding even if he did
not want him to, i dont really believe that just playing devils advocate, but another thing to remember is tony bloom is a big name now in alot of circles, its not impossible that he would want a "name" to match his up and coming profile.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

If Bloom was about to sack Slade (which may well be bollocks anyway), then I'd certainly hope he HAD been looking at other options beforehand.

What else would you want. Dean White in charge till we found someone ?

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
If bloom is seriously even considering getting rid of Russell at this point then the man obviously has serious problems. It's great what he's done with his money but I do not want us to turn in to a club that gets rid of a manager every 6 months. Do people not remember it took time last season when slade arrived?? We are FOUR games in to the season, things haven't gone our way so far but for fucks sake give the bloke some time, thats the LEAST he deserves after keeping us up last year when most of the fans had given up.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If Bloom was about to sack Slade (which may well be bollocks anyway), then I'd certainly hope he HAD been looking at other options beforehand.

What else would you want. Dean White in charge till we found someone ?
If what's being said is true it sounds as though this has been in the waterworks for while and he has just been waiting for Slade to fail so he can get his own way.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Also doesn't the fact that Slade hasn't brought in his own coaching set up tell a story? It usually happens when a new manager comes in, so why not with Slade? Was it because he was happy with the coaching set up? Surely not. Perhaps he was blocked. Bloom not wanting to pay off White/Booker and then Slades team.

My Grimsby mate remembers Slade at Grimsby. They too had some early shocking results, as the players couldn't play his system. But he reverted to something else and they picked up.

I would give Slade until at least the end of September, give the bloke a proper chance. If we are still pony by then, then yes changes must be made. But I wouldn;t go for Wise. Coppell would be my choice.

Although I think Bloom has made his mind up

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It seems Bloom is has a twitchy finger, Wasn't he the man who wanted to sack McGhee and then Wilkins and the Adams?

i hope not because then Bloom will be a poisoned chalice and we'll never get anywere, you need some stabliity for real success.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
We'll know when Slade is going when he gets the dreaded vote of confidence! :jester:

I find it strange that fans do not want to give the manager time to get the team to gel, considering it's made up of practically new players!

Has no one got any patience anymore?

D

Deleted member 2719

If Bloom doesn't give Slade a chance and brings in the hated figure of Wise i may have to reconsider my view in Dick Knight being the driving force behind sacking Wilkins, this really would not be how i see our club Of Brighton and Hove Albion being run.

Hope you are talking bolloxs.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
The only people that need to go are Booker and White !!
The only good thing about Wise would be if he brought Poyet with him AND some other backroom staff.
But it really is FAR too early to talk about Slade being sacked - how much bleedin' compensation would we have to pay him ? Give him time - at least as long as Hinshelwood had before Coppell came

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here