Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dennis Wise (Reprise)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Let's just say that after the match today in the hostility lounge, I spoke to 2 eminent Albion stalwarts, both of whom I believe are currently employed by the club, both confirmed rumours that Mr Wise is part of current discussions within the club. Don’t shoot me down, these are both people who you all know, and their comments were simply that they too were aware of something going on with Mr Wise.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He who pays the piper.....

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Hope Poyet comes with him

IF Wise comes, we would need the two of them. They only work will together.

I am not keen for Russell Slade to go, but IF Tony Bloom decides he needs a top quality young manger to take the Club all the way, those two would be a great option.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I too have heard that Slades days are numbered, and that that was the case before the 7-1.
Its 3rd-hand info mind, from a family member who knows one of the players, so take from that what you will.

How have we come to this ALREADY ?

I hope these rumors aren't true. If Wise became manager then I would back him, albeit a little less than other managers, all the way as he would be Brighton's manager. however I dont want him here because...
A. The fans reaction would be immediately to boo him before they have even kicked a ball under his name and the disharmony would probably se us relegated and turn Withdean from a Library into a mortuary.
B. I am fully behind Russel Slade and so should every body else. Today we were incredibly unlucky and i bet my bottom dollar we smash Millwall on Friday and are season will kick start from there on.

UP THE ALBION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will it be Wise & Poyet or Wise & Bassett or Wise & Poyet & Bassett ?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
IF Wise comes, we would need the two of them. They only work will together.

I am not keen for Russell Slade to go, but IF Tony Bloom decides he needs a top quality young manger to take the Club all the way, those two would be a great option.

The problem with Wise is that should he be succesfull with us, lets say wins a number if games on the bounce and gets us around the play offs by christmas he will be sniffing out some of the inevetable vacant manager jobs that always pop up. He's a big time charlie who would definetly have aspirations higher than Brighton, new stadium or not. No thanks.

I too have heard that Slades days are numbered, and that that was the case before the 7-1.
Its 3rd-hand info mind, from a family member who knows one of the players, so take from that what you will.

How have we come to this ALREADY ?

I know. It's absolute insanity. If Slade is sacked before Millwall then my season ticket is getting shoved as far up Tony Blooms arse as i can get it and then I will stuff some Poker chips up there just to make sure He cant gamble on a life saving operation to get season tickets out of ones Gluteas Maximus.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I know. It's absolute insanity. If Slade is sacked before Millwall then my season ticket is getting shoved as far up Tony Blooms arse as i can get it and then I will stuff some Poker chips up there just to make sure He cant gamble on a life saving operation to get season tickets out of ones Gluteas Maximus.

I'm very much behind Slade and hope bloom gives him more time BUT Bloom is investing a mind boggling amount of money in to this club and does have the right to demand what HE feels is best even if many may disagree.

If Slade goes i'd be disapointed but without doubt i'd support the decision of the man that has single handedly given a dying horse a new lease of life.

Feb 5, 2009
brighton
I hope these rumors aren't true. If Wise became manager then I would back him, albeit a little less than other managers, all the way as he would be Brighton's manager. however I dont want him here because...
A. The fans reaction would be immediately to boo him before they have even kicked a ball under his name and the disharmony would probably se us relegated and turn Withdean from a Library into a mortuary.
B. I am fully behind Russel Slade and so should every body else. Today we were incredibly unlucky and i bet my bottom dollar we smash Millwall on Friday and are season will kick start from there on.

UP THE ALBION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im with ya there buddy!!!:ascarf::ascarf:

This rumour has so many different sources corroborating it that it's difficult not to believe it.

Is there ANYONE out there who has heard a whisper that Slade's position might be secure? Or that someone other than Dennis Wise is being lined up?

This rumour has so many different sources corroborating it that it's difficult not to believe it.

Is there ANYONE out there who has heard a whisper that Slade's position might be secure? Or that someone other than Dennis Wise is being lined up?

Nope! And the only reason for that is because Dennis Wise is a good story which equals more threads and more posts.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
but why let slade sign all these players then?

The Board would look a bit silly if they hadn't given RS a chance to bring in his own choice of players. A new manager comes in and re-assesses the players , that always happens.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
but why let slade sign all these players then?

Well we let Adams sign a host of players in the January window and then sacked him pretty soon afterwards.

It seems Bloom is has a twitchy finger, Wasn't he the man who wanted to sack McGhee and then Wilkins and the Adams?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well we let Adams sign a host of players in the January window and then sacked him.

exactly , you have to go through the motions even if there is a plan "B"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here