Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav **Gone To Stuttgart 09/08/24**

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Kudus was the player and agent at fault. We did everything right but supposedly were screwed by unexpected player demands.
No, we didn't buy him because he wanted a release clause in his contract. West Ham gave him one and that's where he therefore went.

As for Undav thats not far off his value. You wouldn't pick up a top league striker who'd scored that many for much less anywhere else. I just hope we are still looking for someone we think really knows how to hit the net regularly as we certainly missed that last season and not sure anyone in the squad can unless Fergie sorts himself out.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
It's not that though, is it. We're now able to buy more players. This Summer we have already bought Minteh (£30m), Weifer (£25m), Osman (£15m) and Yalcouye (£5m). And we're apparently after more players costing perhaps £30-40m each.

Prices are my guess.
I very much doubt we will signing any more players, particularly in that price range.
Expect a flurry of out-goings, we have a very bloated squad.
Also get rid of more of the dead wood, Moder Lamptey, Sima ect

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I’m guessing German clubs a) don’t have as much tv revenue as the EPL and b) are more sensible than to tie themselves to long contracts that might become unaffordable. Hence the 3 year deal. Nonetheless they are reported to be paying Undav a salary more commensurate with the English game. I can see him coming back to an EPL side in a he future so it’s a shame that (again reportedly) there are no add-ons or sell-ins.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
You are misremembering (a bit).

Poyet wanted VVD, & VVD wanted to come (in January).

The club agreed a fee with Groeningen, but because they were in danger of relegation, they insisted that the deal could not go through until the end of the season.

Then, at the end of the season, they moved the goalposts, and said that he was still ours to sign, but that the price had gone up (a modest increase from something like £2.2m to £2.5m, or somesuch).

Tony Bloom walked away from the table, furious that they'd changed the price after shaking on a deal, and refused to sanction the transfer (at any increased cost) as a matter of principle.
Exactly how I remember it :thumbsup:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I'd be impressed if we only spent £27 million on a replacement striker who in the main when called upon in the EPL did a more than capable job.
I hope he does very well playing for a club that obviously he is valued at more than he apparently was with us.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I very much doubt we will signing any more players, particularly in that price range.
We are still being linked with Gomez, Ferdi and O’Rielly at least. So plenty of incomings still possible and one (Ferdi) would probably break our transfer record if it happens.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We are still being linked with Gomez, Ferdi and O’Rielly at least. So plenty of incomings still possible and one (Ferdi) would probably break our transfer record if it happens.
I thought we had done the Gomez deal and he is coming January?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
As regards Undav's (great bit of business) aggrieved leaving attitude I personally feel that the club give back hugely with players, if players give their all in the first place.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
That’s a bit disrespectful to call Moder and Lamptey dead wood. They’ve both had long term injuries and both starting to challenge for first team places. I would hate to think who the ‘etc’ players are.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Yet more tremendous business by the club. He had a great season last year but really did little for us when actually part of the squad.

He showed some flashes but aside from the Arsenal goal (and even then we already winning) I can’t think of a single meaningful Premier League goal he scored for us and his cup goals were all in big wins against lower league opposition.

Based on all that to generate around £20m profit as absolutely outstanding business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here