Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Demo in Brighton yesterday

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Why oh why is it in Brighton every time where you manky unwashed soap dodgers keep holding your demo's. Clearly when it comes to tax evasion your'e almost all pretty much experts about the subject, because you don't pay income tax or national insurance you bunch of freeloading b*^"ards.

Firstly in trying to focus your mind may I offer the following suggestions

1. Go get a job and help with the economy
2. Buy your dogs proper leads and stop running around with them on a piece of rope.

3. And the most important point, do you really think protesting/scaring members of staff at the various outlets you have highlighted will have any effect. These stores and banks are manned by normal everyday people you thickwits, take your protests to these various organisations head offices where these DECISIONS ARE taken.

I have to rant because I am pretty much sick to my back teeth with all the disruption you lot are causing in our city. On a final note when observing the student protest at Hove town hall the other day I would bet my last pound that at least 50% were NOT students. If they were we seem to have a lot of 30 something students

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
*sigh*

Do you really, really, want to live somewhere where all people do is work without any reflection on what is right or wrong, and where people simply shrug at anything they don't agree with, feeling that they have no influence? That's what you're suggesting.

You appear to highlight the actions of a few irresponsible people, in order to invalidate the whole protest. That's just lazy.

Raise your sights, fella.

They really should be protesting outside the Chancellor of the Exchequer offices, not pissing off people going about there daily business and frightening kids in buggies.

just a bunch of tnucs.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Why oh why is it in Brighton every time where you manky unwashed soap dodgers keep holding your demo's. Clearly when it comes to tax evasion your'e almost all pretty much experts about the subject, because you don't pay income tax or national insurance you bunch of freeloading b*^"ards.

2. Buy your dogs proper leads and stop running around with them on a piece of rope.

3. And the most important point, do you really think protesting/scaring members of staff at the various outlets you have highlighted will have any effect. These stores and banks are manned by normal everyday people you thickwits, take your protests to these various organisations head offices where these DECISIONS ARE taken.

I have to rant because I am pretty much sick to my back teeth with all the disruption you lot are causing in our city. On a final note when observing the student protest at Hove town hall the other day I would bet my last pound that at least 50% were NOT students. If they were we seem to have a lot of 30 something students

Assuming you're including student protests in this: Every time we've gone on a march its been a national day of protests so its not just Brighton.

Also, many students have a job.

I take it you do not wish to exercise your right to protest against something you feel unjust? Is that the view of some of the Albion fans?

Oh but Falmer was a special case. Direct protests and action? Waste of time? Oh but the Archer and Bellotti direct protest and actions were a special case, right? Right?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
*sigh*

Do you really, really, want to live somewhere where all people do is work without any reflection on what is right or wrong, and where people simply shrug at anything they don't agree with, feeling that they have no influence? That's what you're suggesting.

You appear to highlight the actions of a few irresponsible people, in order to invalidate the whole protest. That's just lazy.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................../............
Was not Was. Please remove your head from up your arse. Firstly we dont work in a society where there is no reflection on whats right or wrong, working engendours self respect in achieving something each and every day. Most of these so called protesters wouldnt know because as I previously said THEY DO NOT WORK, but they are more than happy to line their pockets with the money that us, the honest taxpayer has contributed. If they were as principiled as they claim then surely they would refuse these handouts.

The point I'm making and which clearly is going completely over your head, all they do is draw, draw, draw, but contribute nothing. Incidently how much would you estimate that both these so called demo's have cost our local community this week in policing costs. Dont worry, I look forward to paying for it through MY taxes again

Ultimately though I was in town with my young son who became very scared with the noise, the sirens but more importantly the ranting. "Raise your sights fella" you say, I'm second guessing your a student yourself....(waits for denial.) Not one of those protesters were giving a damn towards the young and the elderly yesterday, many children notably crying in the street. If you want to protest the feck off and do it elsewhere, corporate head offices etc............BRIGHTONS HAD ENOUGH OF THE GREAT UN-WASHED !!

Last edited:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Assuming you're including student protests in this: Every time we've gone on a march its been a national day of protests so its not just Brighton.

Also, many students have a job.

I take it you do not wish to exercise your right to protest against something you feel unjust? Is that the view of some of the Albion fans?

Oh but Falmer was a special case. Direct protests and action? Waste of time? Oh but the Archer and Bellotti direct protest and actions were a special case, right? Right?

KneeOn..See what your trying to do here, as a Brighton fan of 30 years our protests and marches for falmer whilst not only being legimate and peaceful (an issue that has been highlighted many times), they were not allowed to be taken over by any unsavoury types. On reflection I dont seem to recall riot police, police dogs and helicopters on any of our PEACEFUL marches. Student protests I can take a slightly lighter view to, but that demo earlier this week was infiltraded by far far more than the number of students that attended outside Hove Town Hall. As for yesterdays protest, please read my response to was not was, if that was your children (if you have any, and I mean that nicely) I truly believe your view on yesterdays protest would be completely different.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think some people may have had enough of tax-avoiding rich people leaving the rest of us to pick up the tab for their profligacy. More power to them, I think the campaign behind this demo is a very important one and is to be applauded.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The soap dodgers should have been rounded up and handed over to the benefits agency fraud squad to check out who they were , then given shovels and told to clear the roads & pavements of ice and snow otherwise their benefits would be stopped over Xmas.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I think some people may have had enough of tax-avoiding rich people leaving the rest of us to pick up the tab for their profligacy. More power to them, I think the campaign behind this demo is a very important one and is to be applauded.

OMG: point seems to have been missed again, let them feel free to hold their protests outside these corporate companies head offices.....that is what Im saying. Little Rebecca who works in Top Shop or Roy at Vodafone quite clearly cannot change the financial descrepencies of their owners. Only the men at the top can do that. Just leave us in peace to go about our day with our children without the stink of hatred and fear in OUR City and reducing them to tears. I was there and I saw it with my own eyes, scum the lot of them

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Amazing how someone can pigeon hole every single person on a protest with a biggoted view. Surely the point of protesting and disrupting the business is to hit the decision makers in their pockets, an area which they value dearly. Perhaps the fact that it has been estimated that there is approx £150b of tax avoidance each year has sailed clean over your head. You might be happy, if you are a tory, as that is what you sound like, to lay off half a million public employees together with the knock on effect on the private sector thereby adding to those with time on their hands to protest and blame it all on a deficit of £160b but surely you have noticed the similarity between the two figures. Maybe you are not aware that as soon as they came to power, the tories withdrew from agreements designed to help tax avoidance in overseas tax havens in particular the Cayman Islands.

You talk of honest people working and contributing to the tax revenue of the country but surely that applies equally to those in their ivory towers who don't pay a fair proportion of their extortionate income for the benefit of society

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
KneeOn..See what your trying to do here, as a Brighton fan of 30 years our protests and marches for falmer whilst not only being legimate and peaceful (an issue that has been highlighted many times), they were not allowed to be taken over by any unsavoury types. On reflection I dont seem to recall riot police, police dogs and helicopters on any of our PEACEFUL marches. Student protests I can take a slightly lighter view to, but that demo earlier this week was infiltraded by far far more than the number of students that attended outside Hove Town Hall. As for yesterdays protest, please read my response to was not was, if that was your children (if you have any, and I mean that nicely) I truly believe your view on yesterdays protest would be completely different.

Yeah, Falmer had peaceful marches. Getting the ***** that are Archer and Bellotti out weren't though. They had peaceful intentions but were hi-jacked and damage was done. It read like you were angry at having all these marches lately so fair enough if you sympathise/take a lighter view on the student marches. Like any large gathering people will hijack it. Students going on marches may appear older (your comment about ages) or they might simply be sympathisers, teachers or lecturers with a free afternoon. There was a small amount of hijacking. I stayed out and walked to the St Peters kettle and watched what was unfolding and actually argued with a kid a year younger than me about his idea to "kettle" the police our selves... all 50/100 of us which included many smaller students. He is a "student" but he's not a student.

I've not got kids, but I totally sympathise with the children who were crying, sometimes protest is scarey to watch. But if there is no audience how can there be impact?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
OMG: point seems to have been missed again, let them feel free to hold their protests outside these corporate companies head offices.....that is what Im saying. Little Rebecca who works in Top Shop or Roy at Vodafone quite clearly cannot change the financial descrepencies of their owners. Only the men at the top can do that. Just leave us in peace to go about our day with our children without the stink of hatred and fear in OUR City and reducing them to tears. I was there and I saw it with my own eyes, scum the lot of them

If a shop is the face of an injustice, no matter how small, it will be targeted by these people!

Its the local public presence of a miscarrige of policy making. It might not contain people who can change the way these businesses run but if it gets on the news, those who DO have the power will see. If it becomes sustained and starts to garner some support while still being in the public eye then there could be a change. The tactics used by us, get in the faces of the public. We took a different approach for Falmer than for getting Archer and co out which was more akin to this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Good luck to them. I agree with their arguement and support them. As an aside, Top Shop is a shabby shop which sells tat and rubbish, so it's due a good kicking.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
KneeOn..See what your trying to do here, as a Brighton fan of 30 years our protests and marches for falmer whilst not only being legimate and peaceful (an issue that has been highlighted many times),

You were clearly not in the West Stand for the abandoned York game then were you? The scene around the tunnel area was anything but peaceful.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Please, spare us the americanised 'speaking as a father/mother' emotional clap trap.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Have to say, protesting is fine but the complete disregard to the general public and the effect that their protests have is fast losing any sympathy I have. I had to take my son down to the hospital urgently on Tuesday night, now as traumatic as this was for my family anyway I got stuck and unable to get to the hospital due to the police blocking the street due to the protests and had to go all the way around the racecourse and was delayed for nearly an hour. These protestors have absolutely no thought for the effect to joe public like me and how distressing it can be for families to not be able to do what they want/MUST do. Other reports I hear about young children/families in buses and in the shops when these so called protestors make their feelings known are plainly unacceptable and I dearly hope that the police target these people, be they infiltrators to the main protest or otherwise and throw the book at them.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.

It was a National Day of Action which resulted in the temporary closure of dozens of Top Shops, Vodaphones, BHSes, etc across the country. Nothing specific to Brighton, you would have seen similar in the High Streets of any major UK city on Saturday. It was widely publicised on the internet, so anyone worried about their children having to watch violent police officers attack peaceful protestors would have been well advised to avoid Western Road on the day anyway. The majority of those on the demo were (based on what I've read on Twitter feeds, press interviews, etc) in full time employment. The area's Member of Parliament said the only reason she didn't take part herself was that she was at another protest (re climate change) in London at the time. Hardly the soap-dodging doley stereotype you so enjoy blaming things on.

Whilst you might think it's OK for Vodaphone to dodge £7 billion in tax and Top Shop's owner to give his wife a tax-free £1.2 billion bonus, I think you'll find a lot of people don't. The demos (on any manner of issues) are just going to keep building in the run up to the big one on March 26th. People like you would be well-advised to buy a tin hat, stockpile tinned food and hide under your beds until the summer.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Although i agree that tax dodging is totally unacceptable i find that in the current climate i would prefer if these company's stayed on our shores.Fact is they pay a lot of tax still and the amont of companies leaving our shores because of extortionate taxes is very much a big concern.

Lets see how people react when these big company's fu$k off and leave a trail of destruction behind them???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here