Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Definitive General Election Poll

What was your last vote and your intended upcoming vote?

• CON - CON

Votes: 48 20.9%
  • LAB - CON

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • LD - CON

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OTH - CON

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • LAB - LAB

Votes: 55 23.9%
  • LD - LAB

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • CON - LAB

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • OTH - LAB

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • LD - LD

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • CON - LD

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • LAB - LD

Votes: 23 10.0%
  • OTH - LD

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • LAB - BREXIT

• CON - BREXIT

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • LD - BREXIT

• OTH - BREXIT

• LAB - OTHER

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • CON - OTHER

• LD - OTHER

• OTHER - OTHER

Votes: 15 6.5%

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
On the subject of opinion polls, I was talking to a customer of mine today about the election, and we got to discussing the polls, and how accurate they were. I said to him that the only really accurate one, seemed to be the BBC exit poll on the night of the election, he agreed, and then added that it would be better for all of us if they published it a few days before the election, so we all knew where we stood.:ffsparr:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I cannot vote for Corbyn. That man shouldn't be anywhere near 10 Downing ST. No choice but Boris

I often wonder when people make bipolar statements like this which constituency these people live in. If you vote based on the simplicity of who will end up in number 10, rather than what would be the best vote for you based on your constituency candidates you may unwittingly end up shooting yourself in the foot.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
As an example, East Worthing is a no-brainer. I thought maybe there might be a chance this time round that the Lib-dems might challenge to be the main rival for the seat as they were in 1997 and 2010 so I had a look at the candidates. Last time out Labour put up a transgender candidate that slashed the majority but this time it looks like they are going for this lady:

https://twitter.com/@fireylivs

Don't know much about her and I don't much care really beyond "is she going to be Loughton's main challenger?"

Then a quick look at the Lib-dem candidate reveals that I don't think they're really regarding this as a winnable seat:

https://www.shorehamherald.co.uk/ne...shoreham-general-election-candidate-1-9130104

So you basically have a choice of the Labour lady, and 18 year old kid or to vote (again) for a man with this absolutely horrific parliamentary voting record:

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10371/tim_loughton/east_worthing_and_shoreham/votes

Therefore because I'm not a racist, homophobic, pro fox hunting, warmongering, anti-welfare, pro higher taxation, anti-NHS, anti-education for all, climate change denying (....and many more!) piece of shit, and that I don't think voting for an 18 year old is in the constituency's best interest.......I will be voting Labour. From abroad. Having not lived in the country for 12 years and the constituency for even longer.

And I really don't like Corbyn at all.

But that's irrelevant because Boris and especially the cock juggling **** spanner that currently holds the seat are terrible terrible politicians who shouldn't be anywhere near the House of Commons.

IMHO.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So I'm kind of torn. Last election lived in a LD-Con marginal, I've since moved to the constituency next door which is a Lab-Con marginal, so the obvious thing is to change my vote from LD to Lab, despite not being totally happy about it, the most important thing is to beat the tory

Only spanner is, three elections ago this was a LD-Con marginal, so its not beyond the reasons of possibility that they recover, split the anti - Tory vote and we get stuck with George Eustice once again. I like the Lib candidate, not so keen on the Labour one, but there is a bedrock of Labour voters here who will be hard to shift.

We just need to change our voting system, I'm now having to work out what my fellow voters want more than what I want. In 2010 Eustice won with 37% of the vote, in 2015 with 40%. That's not democracy

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
\cocoaplatform1{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;\f1\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica-Bold;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red28\green32\blue34;\red255\green255\blue255;\red105\green120\blue130;
\red43\green123\blue185;}
{\*\expandedcolortbl;;\cssrgb\c10980\c12549\c13333;\cssrgb\c100000\c100000\c100000;\cssrgb\c41176\c47059\c50980;
\cssrgb\c16863\c48235\c72549;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0
{\field{\*\fldinst{HYPERLINK "https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov"}}{\fldrslt
\f0\fs28 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }}\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs28 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \
{\field{\*\fldinst{HYPERLINK "https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov"}}{\fldrslt
\f1\b \cf2 \cb3 \strokec2 Adam Bienkov\cb1 \

\f0\b0 \cf2 \cb3 \strokec2 \uc0\u10004 \cf2 \cb1 \strokec2 \

\fs24\fsmilli12250 \cf4 \cb3 \strokec4 [MENTION=2144]Adam[/MENTION]Bienkov\cb1 \
}}\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0
\cf2 \
\
\cf2 \cb3 \strokec2 Another very dodgy campaign leaflet from the Lib Dems.\cf2 \cb1 \strokec2 \
\
\cf2 \cb3 \strokec2 Just spoke to YouGov and they confirm they have not conducted any polling in Putney.\cf2 \cb1 \strokec2 \
{\field{\*\fldinst{HYPERLINK "https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1192044683742056449/photo/1"}}{\fldrslt
\fs24\fsmilli12250 \cf5 \strokec5 }}\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\fs24\fsmilli12250 \cf5 \cb3 \strokec5 \
{\field{\*\fldinst{HYPERLINK "https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1192044683742056449"}}{\fldrslt \cf4 \cb1 \strokec4 \
\cb3 5,021\cb1 \
}}{\field{\*\fldinst{HYPERLINK "https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1192044683742056449"}}{\fldrslt \cf4 \cb3 \strokec4 11:42 AM - Nov 6, 2019}}\cf4 \cb1 \strokec4 \
{\field{\*\fldinst{HYPERLINK "https://support.twitter.com/articles/20175256"}}{\fldrslt \cf5 \cb3 \strokec5 Twitter Ads info and privacy\cf5 \cb1 \strokec5 \
{\field{\*\fldinst{HYPERLINK "https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1192044683742056449"}}{\fldrslt \cf5 \strokec5 \
\cf5 \cb3 \strokec5 3,642 people are talking about this\cf5 \cb1 \strokec5 \
\

\fs28 \cf2 \strokec2 \
\
}

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
On the subject of opinion polls, I was talking to a customer of mine today about the election, and we got to discussing the polls, and how accurate they were. I said to him that the only really accurate one, seemed to be the BBC exit poll on the night of the election, he agreed, and then added that it would be better for all of us if they published it a few days before the election, so we all knew where we stood.:ffsparr:

Ha-ha, what line of work are you in?:lolol:
Perhaps the customer isn't always right!

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Would be quite interesting to see the poll results of how people voted in referendum v how they will vote in the upcoming GE.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So I'm kind of torn. Last election lived in a LD-Con marginal, I've since moved to the constituency next door which is a Lab-Con marginal, so the obvious thing is to change my vote from LD to Lab, despite not being totally happy about it, the most important thing is to beat the tory

Only spanner is, three elections ago this was a LD-Con marginal, so its not beyond the reasons of possibility that they recover, split the anti - Tory vote and we get stuck with George Eustice once again. I like the Lib candidate, not so keen on the Labour one, but there is a bedrock of Labour voters here who will be hard to shift.

We just need to change our voting system, I'm now having to work out what my fellow voters want more than what I want. In 2010 Eustice won with 37% of the vote, in 2015 with 40%. That's not democracy
Mebyon Kernow is the way forward.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
[emoji6][emoji106]

Now if Nige was standing in Hove....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

As you are probably aware Nige isn't standing anywhere (can't imagine why), but here you go

HOVE AND PORTSLADE, ANDY WOOD, BREXIT PARTY​

Fill yer boots

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
As you are probably aware Nige isn't standing anywhere (can't imagine why), but here you go

HOVE AND PORTSLADE, ANDY WOOD, BREXIT PARTY​

Fill yer boots
Thanks! [emoji106]

As someone else said (I believe), outside of the Brexit thread, you're actually quite reasonable! [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I get people voting Tory, they think that rich aristocrats are their natural masters and believe God chose them to rule over them for ever. But voting for 'Jo Swinson's - Liberal Democrats' baffles me. They are just remain Tories, she's even said they'd be prepared to form a coalition with Boris but not Corbyn. Her voting record is appalling- for fracking, bombing, benefit cuts, school and health privatisation, making low paid workers pay for employment tribunals (her idea as minister, for which she got spanked by the courts) etc. Whilst not forgiving Cameron for calling a referendum, it was she that stood up and demanded it in parliament. She can forgive Cameron for austerity that has lead to the premature deaths of 130,000 people (whilst in his cabinet). I couldn't give a monkeys cock about brexit, Boris is about to dismantle the welfare state, remove all workers (what's left after 40 years of Thatcherism) rights. Corbyn can't be beaten on all of the most important issues: Health, education, the environment, pensions, housing, pay, transport, tax, utilities, war, trade, investment etc. If we leave or remain, these are the issues that really matter. Try and find someone that works in the health service or education who isn't voting Labour and they are a pariah to their colleagues. Rant over, must knock on doors now.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
I get people voting Tory, they think that rich aristocrats are their natural masters and believe God chose them to rule over them for ever. But voting for 'Jo Swinson's - Liberal Democrats' baffles me. They are just remain Tories, she's even said they'd be prepared to form a coalition with Boris but not Corbyn. Her voting record is appalling- for fracking, bombing, benefit cuts, school and health privatisation, making low paid workers pay for employment tribunals (her idea as minister, for which she got spanked by the courts) etc. Whilst not forgiving Cameron for calling a referendum, it was she that stood up and demanded it in parliament. She can forgive Cameron for austerity that has lead to the premature deaths of 130,000 people (whilst in his cabinet). I couldn't give a monkeys cock about brexit, Boris is about to dismantle the welfare state, remove all workers (what's left after 40 years of Thatcherism) rights. Corbyn can't be beaten on all of the most important issues: Health, education, the environment, pensions, housing, pay, transport, tax, utilities, war, trade, investment etc. If we leave or remain, these are the issues that really matter. Try and find someone that works in the health service or education who isn't voting Labour and they are a pariah to their colleagues. Rant over, must knock on doors now.

Labour's environmental policies please? They've never been the best on these when in power

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Difficult one this time. My thoughts on Brexit have always been that a no-deal exit would be best, followed by remaining and that any form of Brexit with a deal is a distant third. I don’t see any party delivering no-deal so I guess my best bet would be to vote Lib Dem.

I'm intrigued to know which factors rank in order : no deal, remain, deal...

So far I've got.. (I) No border down the Irish Sea, although the first two are inter changeable for that

What else?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

In these cases, the local parties need to cooperate based upon any current polling. Easier said that done between Labour and Lib Dem at the moment, as they seem to be having a bit of a tiff, plus Labour don't seem willing to enter into any deals.

As you say, FPTP is not fit for purpose.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
You should lump in the Cons and LDs in together, cos if the Tories get the largest number of MPs, but not a majority, the LDs will get into bed with them again. This is what I expect to happen.

The Lib Dems are political whores. I might be wrong but I expect them to do worse than is currently being predicted and as you say, Swinson will predictably sell her soul.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

You forgot to mention rampant Anti-Semitism, flip floppery on brexit and a barely concealed contempt of the working class. Still, some people will turn a blind eye to anything.

Christ, you've even got a a former Labour minister telling voters to vote for Boris, and even the Jewish Chronicle is weighing in telling voters to examine their conscience before voting Labour. Something's wrong.

PS. Don't come knocking on my door.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here