Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Wilkins

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It's an interesting one this. Knight set out his stall by offering Wilkins the coaches job, but he would have done that with Adams consent. However, given the fact Adams wanted the Albion job desperately I reckon he would have agreed to almost anything, including the retention of Wilkins.

What concerns me is that there is a good chance this set-up WON'T work, and it
could potentially f*** up the season. We know Adams plans to sign 5 or 6 new players, so potentially half of Wilkins team could lose their places to Adams men.

If results don't go our way and Adams walks in to Knight and says it's not working the Wilkins faction will be unhappy. Does the club really need to be taking these risks? The alternative is for Adams to bring in his own men - at least there shouldn't be any baggage with that course of action and it won't break the season.

Good point.

I think it might be worth pointing out that maybe the Wilkins 'sacking' was not as unanymous as has been said within the board room.

Therefore there might of been some negotiation within the board room on accepting Wilkins removal as long as they remained an important role still for him within the club.

Adams and Wilkins were 'friends' and Adams does seem to have a great respect for Wilkins attributes as a coach.

But as you pointed out the dynamics are complicated and something that no doubt Wilkins is thinking long and hard about.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Why is it a "red herring"? Just because you don't believe it? Or because it came from two minor players deemed, by you, to hold a grudge? I happen to believe it to be true.

Is it? I mean your view that silence from the remaining players involved indicates mutiny by two that are pissed off doesn't hold water either. It just means that the other players have not aired their views either way IN PUBLIC. That certainly does not make you right.

Ah diddums, have I hurt you or your precious Wilkins feelings? As I said before I think the man is most definitely paranoid and egotistical. I'm not going to elaborate much further on why I think that, but I will say that it is based on first hand experience as much as it is on things others have said to me. I really couldn't care less if people would baulk at it, I'm not bothered whether people agree either. It's my opinion.

Its your opnion, thats right, it is.

Its quite a distorted one too.

Its rant without any substance.

what i know is true but unfortunately in was said to me by someone at the club in confidence - people that know me on this board have already posted that if i say something then it is true - i only logged onto this board because i got sick of reading that it is always evryone elses fault apart from dick knight - yes he did save the club and we will always be grateful for that but the way he has treated players and staff over the past months is wrong - all have tried to say just because dick says something that does not make it right and true

So what exactly is it that you've said to us all that is 'the truth'?

Let me see if I understand this.

You post with monotonous regularity that you 'know the truth' or you are 'telling the truth' when it comes to continually sniping at Dick Knight (again with monotonous regularity). However, we only ever get told that you know 'the truth' whilst you never bless us with this 'truth'? How does that work then?

Come on Wilkins-Tell us what this great 'truth' is or shut up. You've gone beyond predictably boring.

Good point.

I think it might be worth pointing out that maybe the Wilkins 'sacking' was not as unanymous as has been said within the board room.

Therefore there might of been some negotiation within the board room on accepting Wilkins removal as long as they remained an important role still for him within the club.

Adams and Wilkins were 'friends' and Adams does seem to have a great respect for Wilkins attributes as a coach.

But as you pointed out the dynamics are complicated and something that no doubt Wilkins is thinking long and hard about.

This points to perhaps one or two of the board, and certainly influential members didn't want him removed. This doesn't add up to the previous stories that members of the board wanted him out otherwise they wouldn't throw more cash in.

So which is actually correct?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I wonder why Kuipers has only just signed a contract and El-ABd has yet to do so (but hopefully will do shortly) Perhaps they had been waiting to see who would be manager for next season and if it had been a certain Mr Wilkins then they would not be with is!!

Source - my own

Reliability 7.5/10

Believability 8.50/10

When I SPOKE to Dean Hammond he IMHO rather pathetically said that him staying at the club was out of his hands. If he had really wanted to stay then he could have signed the contract on offer (exacty the same as Savage) but opted not to do so.

When I spoke to CKR and wished him good luck when he left us he mubbled something and walked off after shaking my hand.

When I spoke to Bas Savage he said he loved the club the fans and the fact he was playing regulary and become a cult figure, just a couple of weeks later he walked out on the club. Dont believe eberything players tell you. Many will put themselves and ££££££££££ way before loyalty to a club

Bye for now. Who can I find to speak to next!!

Is this all truth or a figment of my imagination??? Nobody knows!!!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
And your opinion has substance does it? It's hearsay and conjecture. Nothing more. It's also full of holes, that you conveniently ignore.

Just a few points that you might wish to discuss on this matter:

Do you recognise that Mcfaul and Reid's comments after being released by Wilkins might of prompted a response that might of lacked some credibility ?

Is it fair to then include current players that have not wished to comment, as somehow being supportive of Mcfauls and Reids comments ??

No I dont not believe that Wilkins is either paranoid, egotistical or lack social skills.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I wonder why Kuipers has only just signed a contract and El-ABd has yet to do so (but hopefully will do shortly) Perhaps they had been waiting to see who would be manager for next season and if it had been a certain Mr Wilkins then they would not be with is!!

Source - my own

Reliability 7.5/10

Believability 8.50/10

You missed one:

Self Delusion: 10/10

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
This points to perhaps one or two of the board, and certainly influential members didn't want him removed. This doesn't add up to the previous stories that members of the board wanted him out otherwise they wouldn't throw more cash in.

So which is actually correct?

Hold on, you losing me here.

You say 'certainly influential members didnt want him removed' !!!

Contridiction in terms.

He is removed.

Obviously not too influential then eh !

Just a few points that you might wish to discuss on this matter:

Do you recognise that Mcfaul and Reid's comments after being released by Wilkins might of prompted a response that might of lacked some credibility ?

Is it fair to then include current players that have not wished to comment, as somehow being supportive of Mcfauls and Reids comments ??

No I dont not believe that Wilkins is either paranoid, egotistical or lack social skills.

I can see how the comments made by McFaul and Reid could be taken as sour grapes from two players that have been released. However my point was simply that they cannot be instantly dismissed as such because no one else has spoken out. I'm not using current players that have not wished to comment to support the comments by Reid and McFaul, I'm simply using them to demonstrate that your point that their comments are simply bitterness is not necessarily the case.

You don't not believe? So you do believe? No, of course a typo.

Your attempted political psychobabble may have some on here suckered, well done. However nothing you posted so far has had any substance worth taking note of.

Hold on, you losing me here.

You say 'certainly influential members didnt want him removed' !!!

Contridiction in terms.

He is removed.

Obviously not too influential then eh !

I'm saying, if you read it properly, that you have said it was not a unanimous decision by the board, and that therefore it must've been influential members that argued he should be offered a job, if your version of events is to be believed. That doesn't add up when you consider the other stories that are floating about.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I Haven't Bothered Reading Any Of This Thread Now That BigGusset Has Started Posting. I Presume He's Talking Bollocks, Selectively Paraphrasing Other People And Ignoring Huge Chunks Of The Argument Because It Doesn't Suit His Argument.

All The While Making Condescending And Wanky Asides About "How Other Posters Are Catching On".

Oh, And Let's Not Forget The Usual Winks And Nods About How He Is In The Know But Won't Let On How, Why Or Where.

Go On. Surprise Me And Tell Me I'm Wrong.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I Haven't Bothered Reading Any Of This Thread Now That BigGusset Has Started Posting. I Presume He's Talking Bollocks, Selectively Paraphrasing Other People And Ignoring Huge Chunks Of The Argument Because It Doesn't Suit His Argument.

All The While Making Condescending And Wanky Asides About "How Other Posters Are Catching On".

Oh, And Let's Not Forget The Usual Winks And Nods About How He Is In The Know But Won't Let On How, Why Or Where.

Go On. Surprise Me And Tell Me I'm Wrong.

Your wrong.

Again

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Your wrong.

Again

I Hope You Don't Mind But I'd Prefer It If The Answer Came From Someone Else. It's Not That I Don't Trust You Or That You're A Revisionist Twat With A Silly Agenda To Shit-Stir....

....Actually, It Is For Those Very Reasons.

No Offence Like, But You're About As Trustworthy As A Pete Doherty IOU

By The Way. When Was I Previously Wrong -In Your Slanty Little Eyes That Is

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I Hope You Don't Mind But I'd Prefer It If The Answer Came From Someone Else. It's Not That I Don't Trust You Or That You're A Revisionist Twat With A Silly Agenda To Shit-Stir....

Your last line ...... Classic

You nearly didnt bite ........

Again

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I'll happily confirm that you're right. Funny how I turn up here once every six months or so and there's always some pillock arguing the toss with everyone on every thread - and then they're gone next time I turn up and there's a new idiot running around.

Must be some kind of natural cycle

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'll happily confirm that you're right. Funny how I turn up here once every six months or so and there's always some pillock arguing the toss with everyone on every thread - and then they're gone next time I turn up and there's a new idiot running around.

Must be some kind of natural cycle
I've very long suspected that these souls are actually Dick Knight and Martin Perry in disguise and on the wind-up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here