Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Wilkins and Subs

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
and your more than entitled to yours, but get behind the gaffer and the lads instead of coming on here and hammering us. You don't get to see what he does on the training pitch or how we wants the team to play but if you did you wouldn't have any doubts that he's the right man for the job.

You have to remember though, this isn't meant as a place to 'support', it's meant for discussion/opinion between fans, and is not very different really to conversation in the pub, for example. If players choose to read it, then they should remember that nobody is ever going to be 200% happy with anything....of course there's going to be negative stuff on here. Mouthing off at your supporters because they post the odd moan isn't going to help though.

At games it's different, and generally the players get good backing, rather than a 'hammering'. That's the place for support i think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yeah great point mate and how's that going to help us get a result at Northampton?

Football is all about opinions certain managers have certain players that they love like Brian Clough took John McGovern every where with him and in the same token supporters have opinions, some may be right some may be wrong but it is still a petrsonal choice.

Many have come on here saying how well Wilkins, White and Chapman are doing others do not agree.

I remember the late 50s when it was suggested that the club didnot want to get promoted from the then Div III South because they could not afford to go into Div II. They used to be up near the top at Christmas, have bad run just after Christmas and then pick up again towards Easter when the season ticket s were due for renewal. Whether it is or is not the case now this is how it appears at the moment, that the signings etc are just tokens to try to appease the supporters but not done with great conviction. Perhaps we will go on a long unbeaten run, I sincerely hope so, and then I'll be proved wrong. I am sure that nobody could influence the players to not perform and if they dont it is not for the want of trying.

Peoples opinions vary as some have said this evening they thought Paul Reid was shit, I thought that he had a very good game as did Adam El Abd who has come in for a lot of stick on here, in the recent past.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
And so the logical conclusion to your argument is that if he's doing all the right things on the training ground etc and it's not going right when it matters (to use your words) then who's to blame?

the players - and he can only work with he has got, which once again comes down to losing two of our best players - back to the door of dick knight again

for what its worth, i think wilkins is doing a bloody good job and feel sorry that he had savage and o'callaghan taken away from him. there are still things he needs to improve on though, like being more pro-active with changes but that will come with experience

the more worrying thing is that it is now 1 win in 7

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Brighton Bear,

Do you really expect to come on here and us be happy only getting a point against a very poor side, of course people are going to be questioning why things didn't go our way. Its the point of a discussion forum. Something like the indecision of substitutions is going to be picked up by the fans. I don't think anyone is arguing that Wilkins isn't the right man for the job either, im sure he is given the way the side has gelled in the last year. Its just frustrating seeing two points dropped when we are looking at the play-offs.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
the players - and he can only work with he has got, which once again comes down to losing two of our best players - back to the door of dick knight again

for what its worth, i think wilkins is doing a bloody good job and feel sorry that he had savage and o'callaghan taken away from him. there are still things he needs to improve on though, like being more pro-active with changes but that will come with experience

the more worrying thing is that it is now 1 win in 7

Ahmen to that and thanks for your support and everyone elses.:albion2:

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Brighton Bear,

Do you really expect to come on here and us be happy only getting a point against a very poor side, of course people are going to be questioning why things didn't go our way. Its the point of a discussion forum. Something like the indecision of substitutions is going to be picked up by the fans. I don't think anyone is arguing that Wilkins isn't the right man for the job either, im sure he is given the way the side has gelled in the last year. Its just frustrating seeing two points dropped when we are looking at the play-offs.

Yeah and we share your frustration but sometimes it doesnt always work out the way you want it to and you just have to accept it and move on, the goal we conceded was a great free kick fair play to the lad, we had chances to win it and it didn't go our way, everyone will be working hard to make sure we get the right result against Northampton.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yeah and we share your frustration but sometimes it doesnt always work out the way you want it to and you just have to accept it and move on, the goal we conceded was a great free kick fair play to the lad, we had chances to win it and it didn't go our way, everyone will be working hard to make sure we get the right result against Northampton.

Yep agreed, by the next game it will all be forgotten. Nothing anyone can do about a free kick that good, if we had grinded out a 1-0 (which we probably deserved) then the indecision over the subs wouldn't have been mentioned.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
We have 31 professional players at the club. The vast, vast majority I like. There are one or two I IDOLISE. However, there are two or three I have been a bit critical of on here, and I can't help but fear that if you happen to be one of them giving you my identity could lead to my DEATH:laugh:

Can't you give us a CLUE in order to enhance the fun?!

OK here's a clue...........I'm male and I like football, any good to you? :lol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Controversial perhaps?

Correct me if I am wrong, but you seem to write as if you spent a reasonable amount of time in education. I'm guessing possibly VIth form, and probably private school?

Hmmm. Brighton College? I think we can safely say that the written standard would suggest a better school than that. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here