Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Wilkins and Subs

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I was shocked, that we decided to bring on Hart instead of Elder. Terrible decision. Why did he bring on Elder for the last two minutes of the 90 left, is beyond me. Wilkins need to make more decision quickly, instead of having a 5 minute conversation with White and Chappers on who to bring on!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Why the hell does it take so long for him to make a sub? It's embarrassing! It was obvious to the majority of the crowd today that Elder, fresh from a goal last week, should have been on with at least 15-20 minutes to go. Preferably for Revell, who was rubbish. So, what does Wilkins do? He waits until 3 minutes from time, and puts HART on upfront for Revell. Ok, not the perfect sub, but still at least there is logic there even if it is too late. But then, a minute later, Elder comes on and Hart moves position after a minute on the pitch! I invite anyone to offer any sensible explanation as to why Wilkins a) waits so late EVERY week, and b) put Hart on and then moved him a minute later. I like Wilkins, but 'decision making' is definitely an area he needs to look at!

This is because Wilkins is a lackwit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can only judge on what I see and at the moment I would put them way down on the list of IMO the best managers of BHA. My view is that the best are, but niot in any order, Billy Lane, Pat Saward, Freddie Goodwin, Brian Horton Mickey Adams Peter Taylor 1st, Allan Mullery, Chris Catlin I wouldnt place Wilkins & Co above any of those.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
This is because Wilkins is a lackwit.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

i still dont think its as bizare as playing sam rents wide right though. whoevers idea that was deserves a MEDAL

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
I can only judge on what I see and at the moment I would put them way down on the list of IMO the best managers of BHA. My view is that the best are, but niot in any order, Billy Lane, Pat Saward, Freddie Goodwin, Brian Horton Mickey Adams Peter Taylor 1st, Allan Mullery, Chris Catlin I wouldnt place Wilkins & Co above any of those.

Yeah great point mate and how's that going to help us get a result at Northampton?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
its called an OPINION

and your more than entitled to yours, but get behind the gaffer and the lads instead of coming on here and hammering us. You don't get to see what he does on the training pitch or how we wants the team to play but if you did you wouldn't have any doubts that he's the right man for the job.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
and your more than entitled to yours, but get behind the gaffer and the lads instead of coming on here and hammering us. You don't get to see what he does on the training pitch or how we wants the team to play but if you did you wouldn't have any doubts that he's the right man for the job.

you cant support the team blindly though - there is always going to be room for improvements, and all this thread is doing is highlighting where a lot of people think wilkins can improve

the team can play like arsenal or united and wilkins can be like brian clough on the training ground, but if it doesnt show when it matters - when the paying customers are watching - then people are obviously going to question what is going on

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
you cant support the team blindly though - there is always going to be room for improvements, and all this thread is doing is highlighting where a lot of people think wilkins can improve

the team can play like arsenal or united and wilkins can be like brian clough on the training ground, but if it doesnt show when it matters - when the paying customers are watching - then people are obviously going to question what is going on

And so the logical conclusion to your argument is that if he's doing all the right things on the training ground etc and it's not going right when it matters (to use your words) then who's to blame?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here